PDA

View Full Version : Should I or Should I Not

vetobob9
10-14-2011, 11:38 AM
The UT of Austin has thing where you can get them to change your name to your fem name for campus purposes. They do this for class roles, id cards, etc. The only thing they can't do it for is your diploma or your official university transcripts.

The new name will appear on class rosters, student directories, grade sheets, online blackboard. Basically the people on campus call you by your preferred fem name. But they say you only allowed to use the service once so once you pick a name you are stuck with it for the rest of your tenure at the university.

All you need is your Texas EID, your real name and your preferred fem name. I probably have plenty of time to consider it though, since I won't be going till next year. I have to turn in the application by December 1.

I'd like to know what the experiences of other CD's and TGs are when people use their fem names.

Stephenie S
10-14-2011, 11:52 AM
College is the absolute BEST place to experiment with gender fluidity. Nowhere else and at no other time will you be in as excepting a time or place as university.

Call yourself whatever you want. Wear what you want. But when you get out into the big bad world you will find society in general to be FAR less accepting of diversity.

Go fo it.

S

Paula Siemen
10-15-2011, 10:30 AM
God..Austin.....don't ya just love the place?

SuzanneBender
10-15-2011, 10:54 AM
Hook Em Horns! I knew I loved UT for so many reasons. Bottom line I think its a great deal if you plan on presenting as female all or most of the time. I don't think I would do it if I was just dressing part time. College is such a wonderful place to discover yourself. Enjoy!

Karren H
10-15-2011, 11:27 AM
Sounds like fun but it depends on what field you plan to get a job in... And if it would hurt you chances of getting hired. Or not. Or maybe you don't care and can live at home for ever? Just sayin.

"I'd like biggie fries... Cute dress!". Lol.