PDA

View Full Version : Feminine logic

Nigella
10-14-2011, 02:29 PM
Quite often in the TS forum we hear the words "your'e not a woman until....".

Well the other day I knew, with a sinking feeling in my heart that I will never be a woman. Sandra, as supportive as she is, really put me in my place by using feminine logic against me. At that point I knew that womanhood was never going to be mine. What did she say???

I told you yesterday that I would do the washing today when I come home tomorrow I knew there and then that was it, womanhood is too mysterious for me to master :devil:

ReineD
10-14-2011, 02:43 PM
Oh, that's funny! :D I see that Sandra has the rare ability to live in the past and present all at once! (Didn't Hermione do this in one of the Harry Potter movies?)

On a more serious note Nigella, allow me to propose something. Had you been born in a woman's body, but were otherwise just the same as you are now, would you not still take turns with Sandra doing the wash? Cooking meals? Raising a child together? Feed the cat? Go to work, brush your teeth, put on your makeup, enjoy the same movies?

You'd be the same person, doing the same things, but you would have defined yourself as a woman because of your birth body. So my point is, you're already a woman. You just will never have been born with the physical body of a woman, but that's just a shell. The inner you and how you feel is what defines who you are.

:hugs:

AllieSF
10-14-2011, 03:12 PM
That reminds me of the saying, "I will do that on the second Tuesday of next week."!

Rianna Humble
10-14-2011, 03:19 PM
I told you yesterday that I would do the washing today when I come home tomorrow

Makes perfect sense to me. When she was talking yesterday tomorrow was today.

Kate Simmons
10-14-2011, 03:23 PM
Makes perfect sense to me Hon.:heehee::battingeyelashes::)

Cynthia Anne
10-14-2011, 06:48 PM
Oh yeah! That'll giterdone fer shur fer shur! I love logic like that! It always makes perfect no sense! Hugs!

docrobbysherry
10-14-2011, 07:21 PM
Makes MORE sense than MY logic! I say this to myself EVERY DAY!

Self, "Always put off until tomorrow, the chores I SHOULD do today! Because today I'm online or dressing!"

chloe23
10-14-2011, 07:27 PM
You sound just like me, always put off the chores till tomorrow, guess why nothing ever gets done,lol.

TGMarla
10-14-2011, 08:31 PM
Ouch! Just wrapping my head around that phrase hurts! I think I'll go do laundry.

cassandra54
10-15-2011, 12:05 AM
the ying and yang at work in my soul used to be the conflict between common sense and logic and how to utilize both in everyday situations in my life. that was until some female logic crept into my life some time ago. it's quite a busy house here in my brain. maybe we should start a separate thread about female logic.

ReineD
10-15-2011, 12:07 AM
Hmmm. Looks like I pegged this thread all wrong. :facepalm: I'm the only person who took the other part of Nigella's post seriously. :p

cassandra54
10-15-2011, 12:08 AM
Ouch! Just wrapping my head around that phrase hurts! I think I'll go do laundry.

that's a female response derived from female logic: when you can't understand the situation run away and do something else. common sense would tell me to just roll with it, but my logic, (sheldon cooper, third rock from the sun) would tell me to talk to everyone i know about it, analyse it, search the internet for relative information and in general make it my weekly holy grail to delve into the depths of this mystery and find and answer.

AllieSF
10-15-2011, 04:09 AM
Maybe we will understand on the 12th of never? Nat King Cole??

k lynn
10-15-2011, 04:56 AM
Oh, that's funny! :D I see that Sandra has the rare ability to live in the past and present all at once! (Didn't Hermione do this in one of the Harry Potter movies?)

On a more serious note Nigella, allow me to propose something. Had you been born in a woman's body, but were otherwise just the same as you are now, would you not still take turns with Sandra doing the wash? Cooking meals? Raising a child together? Feed the cat? Go to work, brush your teeth, put on your makeup, enjoy the same movies?

You'd be the same person, doing the same things, but you would have defined yourself as a woman because of your birth body. So my point is, you're already a woman. You just will never have been born with the physical body of a woman, but that's just a shell. The inner you and how you feel is what defines who you are.

:hugs:

ReineD I really admire your wisdom you always hit the nail on the head so to speak

Cheryl T
10-16-2011, 05:09 PM
I knew there and then that was it, womanhood is too mysterious for me to master :devil:

Funny....I understood it all the way...

sara.s
10-16-2011, 05:14 PM
that is evil... when was she born.. Feb 29? :p

KarenS
10-16-2011, 05:18 PM
Quite often in the TS forum we hear the words "your'e not a woman until....".

Well the other day I knew, with a sinking feeling in my heart that I will never be a woman. Sandra, as supportive as she is, really put me in my place by using feminine logic against me. At that point I knew that womanhood was never going to be mine. What did she say???

I knew there and then that was it, womanhood is too mysterious for me to master :devil:

Actually, it makes perfectly good sense to me. What does that say about me?