PDA

View Full Version : now it's getting serious

cassandra54
10-15-2011, 10:55 AM
like many of us on here, i've crossdressed on and off most of my life. my sisters dressed me up when i was 5. i never really go into it really seriously or thought about why i did it too much. it was mainly a sexual thing until the last couple of years. my SO and i were talking about going to the drive through at Dairy Queen while i was en femme. then i suggested going to a movie. she told me to do more research and find out places that were safe around where we live. this is how i found out about this site.

up until that point i thought i was just a guy who crossdressed. i bought lots of clothes, wigs, glasses, makeup and breast forms. so i would dress up sometimes on the weekends, usually on sunday afternoons and i thought it was all good. i remember the frustration of not being able to be done with everything i needed to do at around 3 in the afternoon so i could get dressed.

but then i discovered that more than likely i am transgender. now it get serious. i feel that i need to spend at least half of my free time en femme. what that means is right now i spend about 45 hours away from home working and about 45 hours a week sleeping. that leaves about 78 hours a week, which i've decided to split betweeen my male and female halves. that takes work.

dressing during the work week is tough. sometimes i go out and do things in guy mode, but it's a lot of fun. sometimes on the weekend my SO and i road trips or do things while i am in guy mode. she is not ready to go out with me in public while i am en femme. so sometimes the weekend is hard too.

so i have to push myself to do it sometimes, but what is wonderful is there is no immediacy. i am not frustrated if i don't get a chance to be cassandra. i try to dress more on weeknights and nothing special. this week i did a dress, wig, and just foundation/ lipstick on thursday night. i have some chores and shopping to do today, but the rest of the weekend until i go to work sunday night will all be for cassandra. i hope. i've had to really master time management and work at things harder. for example when i come home from work in the afternoons, i usually unwind for a couple of hours, shower, make dinner etc. but now i find i must shower and get dressed immediately when i get home from work. it's the little things like that, that make things so much better.

yes it's getting serious now, since i keep two people and two lives going, but serious FUN!

i don't always feel the desire to get dressed if i'm tired, or there's not much time, but i always feel better after i've "prettied" up.

Karren H
10-15-2011, 11:02 AM
It definitely gets more serious when the hobby transforms into a lifestyle..

*Vanessa*
10-15-2011, 11:09 AM
Sound like you are just becoming you Cassandra, and good on ya for getting there. :)

Kaz
10-15-2011, 11:35 AM
I know the feeling well Cassandra! It is indeed getting serious for me too... though I like being both Kaz and 'the other one'!

Misti
10-15-2011, 05:27 PM
I know the feeling well Cassandra! It is indeed getting serious for me too... though I like being both Kaz and 'the other one'!

Like Kaz says, Cassandra, only the "Other One" is taking more back seats lately for "the real me."

Take care, Hugs,

jillleanne
10-19-2011, 12:49 PM
Is it getting more 'serious', or is it becoming more 'normal'? For me, it got more normal.