View Full Version : PLEASURE, the best word for why we dress

Kittyagain
10-15-2011, 02:52 PM
PLEASURE
: desire, inclination <wait upon his pleasure — Shakespeare>
: a state of gratification
a : sensual gratification b : frivolous amusement
: a source of delight or joy

I was looking for the best single word to describe what we do. Pleasure seems to cover all the basis for me. Is there a better single word.

Kitty

Nesreen
10-15-2011, 04:57 PM
I am okay with pleasure too!

Tasha McIntyre
10-15-2011, 04:58 PM
I'm Ok with pleasure as a descriptor as well.

Fun is another word I like.

Susan_Xdress
10-16-2011, 12:07 AM
If it has to come down to a single word . . . Pleasure seems to say it all.

sanderlay
10-16-2011, 03:20 AM
Pleasure is certainly in there. I can't deny that. I am a sensual being. But is that why I dress?

My answer is to be myself... so myself... or self. It does bring pleasure being myself. But pleasure is an after effect.

ReineD
10-16-2011, 03:57 AM
Would 'relief' be a close second?

Kittyagain
10-16-2011, 06:51 AM
The word came to me when reading another "Why?" post. Pleasure does look like a perfect fit to the why we do it question. The word by itself without knowing the Webster's full meaning would not mean as much.

Reine, I think you have you are right on the word "relief".

Kitty

Tina B.
10-16-2011, 07:56 AM
I would put Reine's answer first, and pleasure second myself, Relief is why, pleasure is the result.
Tina B.

KrystalA
10-16-2011, 08:48 AM
Pleasure, yes. Relief, of course. But to me, it also brings a sense of normalcy and a definite sense of euphoria.

Jenny Doolittle
10-16-2011, 09:29 AM
"Pleasure" does seem to hit it best, but "conformation" may be a close second for me.

kelsey52
10-16-2011, 09:43 AM
Oh I think pleasure sums it up. If I was told you have to get rid of everything and just allowed to keep one thing I would choose nylons. Oooh so much pleasure in wearing nylons. Thank god winter is comming up I'll be under dressed all most full time.

Piora
10-16-2011, 09:46 AM
Yes, it would. When I really think about it, that is a feeling I get quite often.

Pleasure, yes. Relief, of course. But to me, it also brings a sense of normalcy and a definite sense of euphoria.
Ooooh, another great word! Euphoria....somehow, that gets us closer to the true feeling when we dress!

"Pleasure" does seem to hit it best, but "conformation" may be a close second for me.
Hmm. I like that one, too. Although for me, 'transformation' might lie closer to being more accurate. :)

Cyndy
10-16-2011, 04:36 PM
Pleasure and Relief are to excellent words to describe why I love to dress!

Jenniferathome
10-16-2011, 04:43 PM
I'm with Tasha. Fun is what comes to mind followed by a sense of calm (maybe even relief Reine).

Audreyanne
10-16-2011, 04:55 PM
Pleasure and relief are certainly part of it, the rewards. Compulsion may be more the why.

sanderlay
10-17-2011, 02:00 AM

Relief is very good... and lasting. But the word tells me I have a problem... and I need to have relief. I don't think I have a problem that requires relief. Perhaps I'm in denial?

Normalcy... Myself... That's even better. Normal. That's how I want to feel. I do not need to be cured.

I was looking for the best single word to describe what we do. Pleasure seems to cover all the basis for me. Is there a better single word.

I'm beginning to believe we do what we do for different reasons. And so there is not a single word that describes it for all of us.

But I could be wrong...

ReineD
10-17-2011, 02:56 AM
^ Ah! Just as you say, the words will be different depending on where a person is along the gender spectrum. "Pleasure", "relief", or "excitement" might perfectly describe it for someone at one end, and "normal" for someone at the other. :)

Skyeyes
10-17-2011, 01:07 PM
under dressing makes me happy

Karren H
10-17-2011, 01:30 PM
I have no words to describe why... Because I don't know why.... Your describing the end result of crossdressing.... What crossdressing does to you or for you...... I can get pleasure so many other ways..... If anything describes my crossdressing its "driven"... Followed closely by "lemmingesk - driven by strong biological urges". Lol.

SmileS12
10-17-2011, 01:37 PM
I seriously have to say I agree with Karen. Weird, never thought I would say I agree with someone. J/K When I was under the effect of Bi-Polar medicine I never felt driven to CD. When I was being treated I never felt the need to do anything, including having sex. Now I feel driven to CD, so this leads me to believe that it must be biological.

Stephanie47
10-17-2011, 03:08 PM
The woman within demands it! Stephanie is a woman. Steve is a man. They are mutually exclusive. However, they co exist in this mass of protoplasm.

Kittyagain
10-17-2011, 06:00 PM
Thanks to everyone for the replies. As always y'all keep my mind open to new ideas and new views.

Kitty