PDA

View Full Version : Paul McCartney's Song for CDer's.

Joanie
10-16-2005, 08:52 PM
Don't know if many of you are fans but this song on his new album, CHAOS AND CREATION IN THE BACKYARD, has words that sound like the a crossdresser waiting on his wife's friends to leave while he is hidden elsewhere in the house. The song is entitled FRIENDS TO GO and Paul states that he wrote it as a George Harrison type song, which it does sound like musically. On accompanying DVD he said something about envisioning people living in a city flat or something...

I've been waiting on the other side
For your friends to leave so I don't have to hide
I'd prefer they didn't know
So I've been waiting on your friends to go...

Later, it says
Someone else can worry about me
I've spent alot time on my own
I've spent alot of time on own.

The words about hiding, not wanting them to know, and spending time on my own, rang true! BTW, it's a great album. Better than anything else he has doen in the past 20 years.

eleventhdr
10-17-2005, 02:52 AM
But what would John and George Say Or would they just go along with thre old friend on this one. Hmmm Suzy!.

Kimberly
10-17-2005, 04:52 AM
Songs can mean a lot of different things to a lot of different people: this doesn't mean Paul McCartney's a CD.... but if he is, good on him!!

If you want an album really about gender issues, listen to 'I am a bird now' by Antony and the Johnsons; he's a UK crossdresser, and is friends with Boy George. xx