PDA

View Full Version : Update on hrt

Zoe Michelle
10-16-2011, 02:40 AM
Hey everyone, it's been a while since I've checked in so I just thought I'd stop by and tell y'all a few updates on my hrt. As some of you may remember, I went to an endocrinologist about two months ago and he put me on premarin with no androgen blockers or progesterone. Well I was not satisfied with how he was wanting to handle my hrt, so I tracked down a different doctor, a gp, to take over my treatment. As of yesterday, he has me on estrodial, progesterone, and spiro. So now I am finally on the right track, and I am very happy.

Melody Moore
10-16-2011, 03:03 AM
I have noticed that there are difference of opinions about hormone therapy and what drugs work and don't work
with some doctors. But that doesn't make them the expert on hormone therapy, especially if they are just a GP.
So I think this is why we should always get feedback from the trans community to get a real idea about the true
effectiveness of medications. I couldn't believe it when a friend told me recently that he doctor wouldn't put her on
anti-androgens because he believed it would lessen affects of oestrogen. I really don't know where he gets that
theory from because it is a no brainer really that inhibiting testosterone production does make a huge difference
in feminisation. This is why things also change a lot more for trans-women once they are post op.

Kaitlyn Michele
10-16-2011, 06:32 AM
happy for you Zoe

I had to change my HRT regimen and go doctor shopping as well..i hope that's behind you...it can be distressing to find out you are not making the progress you desire

noeleena
10-16-2011, 08:52 AM
Hi.

It will allways be debated . what i will say is think first, age is a detail that is not allways looked at on forums okay .

i did not go on blockers for some time & even if i had at the same time with prem it would not have made much difference. then at age 57. fact is im glad i did not go on them then. the little time i was, was of little value, unless i was on such a high dose rate then other issues would have been worse,

Every one is different so what works for one may not work for another,

Another factor is not every one needs blockers thats a fact. age again as one age's for many male;s thier T goes down hence the reason for blood tests. so you know where your levels are, then act accordingly. so blockers ...dont.... allways work,

I wont comment in this case because theres no info. to work on ,

The ?'s i ask are before any meds are taken have you had blood tests , have you been on other druges are you still on them or taken hard druges do you have health probs , age of person are you male or female or intersex. & theres other details that need to be taken in to account,

I would ask your Dr why he put you on only one med may be he knows something you dont. ???
you should have had at least two test results in hand,

Your new Dr has put you on more meds whats your blood tests say, has that been done ,has he seen them the results or you for that matter, remember theres over 17 tests that can be done most times about 7,

Iv been around a lot of meds for many years so i do know what can happen . & iv seen it happen.

...noeleena...

Katesback
10-16-2011, 09:48 AM
Perhaps one of the most important thing a trans person can do is take control of thier trainsition and be at the wheel. An example of this is when dealing with the doctors. Any wise trans person can do thier research and become an expert on hormones. They can go to the doctors and ask for what it is they want and if the doctor says no they pull out the research data written by doctors and watch what happens. The only exception I would suggest in this scenerio is if someone goes to the doctor presenting a male. Do that and your asking for the run around because he cannot know your serious.

Aprilrain
10-16-2011, 09:51 AM
good for you! E, P and an Anti T are pretty standard fair sounds like your on the right track.

CharleneT
10-16-2011, 12:31 PM
GOOD luck !! Sounds like a very std and reasonable regime ;)

Traci Elizabeth
10-16-2011, 01:36 PM
Way to go girl! Congrats.

boardpuppy
10-16-2011, 01:49 PM
It sounds resonable but as suggested get all blood work done as often as there is a hint of a need by you or especially by your Dr. and good luck.
Alice

Zoe Michelle
10-16-2011, 10:03 PM
Thanks everyone! And yes, I did get my blood work done and will every appointment to ensure everything goes steadily.

Teri Jean
10-18-2011, 08:11 PM
Congrats Zoe, let the fun begin.