PDA

View Full Version : Gatekeepers Gate

Kelsy
10-16-2011, 07:10 AM
I believe that the Standards of Care exclude Transsexual people of meager means and trap them by diagnosing them with a bio psycho-social disorder but leave them with no viable pathway to resolve the problem unless of course you believe that therapy alone is sufficient to mitigate the morbidity. If this is not the case then they are exposing the patient to a higher risk of emotional dysfunction, social isolation and trauma, and suicide. Would it not be the responsibility of the WPATH to set into motion some sort of support system??

Perhaps I am twisting on my own rope! My transition continues undaunted but the pressures and frustrations need venting at times!!! Please excuse me!

Kelsy

Beth-Lock
10-16-2011, 07:41 AM
The need for medicare systems that include transgenderism around the world. cannot be blamed on the Standards of Care. Medical standards must be kept high. It can be blamed on narrow minded politics however.

I don't think we eant to go back to the bad old days when poor families might have their child's tonsils crudely removed by a local veterinarian because it was affordable!

noeleena
10-16-2011, 08:15 AM
Hi.

As far as the standards of care is concerned as wether now or when i first told Jos & our Dr, then our Psych & endo i am a woman & i will live as one & it had nothing at all to do with trans any thing because im not it made no difference fact is i skirted all the detail .

as far as meds go with in 3 months surgery at my requst with in 3 years, when i was ready. i did not jump through any hoops & there was no need. As to w p a t h , is concerned that will turn out to be a farce like it has before,

why. because it only conerns those who are changeing things to suit them selfs it wont help those that really do need help. .
Before they started thier talks & thats all it is i said then they will not do what they should be doing , stop talking & do the doing whats needed. stop all thier bullshit, & work with us instead of telling us what to do, they dont listen then or now.

Iv got no time for thier they .....know it all...... & thats what its about.. yet other Drs just help well most any way & they just get on with what they ....ARE .... employed to do, big difference.

If you have a heart problem do they say well we should talk about this for a year or two just to make sure you can handle the surgery & we may give you a pill to help , no , they set up to give you what you .....NEED.... now. surgery ,

I could say more . whats the point even when we sent emails to them they dont wont to know .
Oh, any way what do i know , nothing,

...noeleena...

Melody Moore
10-16-2011, 08:34 AM
Kelsy,

First of all the World Professional Association does not have a responsibility to provide health services,
only to provide the Standards of Care for other medical and support organisations to follow. If anything
the So only endorses the believe that gender reassignment surgery should be made available to those
who are transsexual. And if it isn't already provided under your public health system, then the SoC should
gives you or any other activist much ore ammo to challenge this issues. And this is exactly what a few
people and myself are planning to start lobbying the government for GRS to be funded under our public
health system for low income earners. The new SoC have been coming into their pwn lately forcing our
government to change their policies, it was used in a High Court ruling recently to grant two pre-op
trans-men the right to havetheir gender changed on their birth certificate and this case has set a new
precedence where all Birth, Deaths and Marriages offices have to change their policies because if they
don't the High Courts here in Australia and the new SoC and Human Rights 2009 Sex Files Report (http://www.hreoc.gov.au/genderdiversity/sex_files2009.html)will
force them to change the policies real soon because further action is already underway with every
state in Australia with gender rights groups. After this you can bet it is going to be time to shake up
the Australian public health system.

Kathryn Martin
10-16-2011, 09:47 AM
I believe that the Standards of Care exclude Transsexual people of meager means and trap them by diagnosing them with a bio psycho-social disorder but leave them with no viable pathway to resolve the problem unless of course you believe that therapy alone is sufficient to mitigate the morbidity. If this is not the case then they are exposing the patient to a higher risk of emotional dysfunction, social isolation and trauma, and suicide. Would it not be the responsibility of the WPATH to set into motion some sort of support system??

Perhaps I am twisting on my own rope! My transition continues undaunted but the pressures and frustrations need venting at times!!! Please excuse me!

Kelsy

Your words in Gods ear.

Katesback
10-16-2011, 10:06 AM
Personally I could care less what the standards of care say. I knew from the day I could remember that I was a female. When the day came that I said to myself I am done pretending to be someone I am not and that I no longer carred what other people felt was the day I began my transition. I never did go to a therapist because I did not need to pay someone to agree with me, nor did I need someone to control my life. I had let the expectations of people do that all my life prior to transition, why would I continue to do that.