PDA

View Full Version : And Then My Uncle Says......

Sarah L
10-16-2011, 11:45 AM
I went out as Sarah last night. I was headed to a town about 25 miles from my house. Suddenly, I decided it was time for my aunt and uncle to see me dressed up. I figured it was close enough to Halloween to use that as an excuse. I know that isn't honest, but they are in their 80s and don't really need to know at this point. My aunt isn't in the best of health, either, and I wouldn't want to upset her.

I get there and knock on the door. My uncle answers and has no idea who it is. I didn't realize this, I thought he was just really surprised. My aunt doesn't recognize me either.

"I'm your nephew!" I said.
"Which one?"

I tell them who I am. Of course, they want to know why I am dressed the way I am. I made up a story for the reasons I said earlier in this post.
My aunt told me my makeup looked good. I thought so too, but acted surprised she thought so. It's probably the first time I did a good job with makeup and it was a rush job!
My uncle said when he opened the door, he thought I was a gay woman. :)

We talked awhile and my aunt said I had pretty shoes and asked where I got them.
She told me to be careful (walking and otherwise).

Then my uncle says: "He makes a pretty woman.":battingeyelashes:

That's about the best compliment I have had in a long time.

After I left, I went to town, unfortunately, the town was in a different time zone than I thought, so things were closing up. I did do some shopping at walmart and I got some gas. I love looking down at my legs and feet while pumping gas in a dress!

It was a great night and I told this aunt I would surprise my other aunt on Halloween (she wasn't home or I would have seen her last night).

What a great night!

Vanessa Winters
10-16-2011, 11:58 AM
Sounds like you had a fun time.

bredalee25
10-16-2011, 12:19 PM
Sarah there's nothing like getting a compliment like the one your uncle gave you. It's real confidinse builder and ego boost.

docrobbysherry
10-16-2011, 01:08 PM
I'm glad your aunt didn't say, "Uncle"!

Chickhe
10-16-2011, 03:57 PM
I did something similar with my parents and they responded in a similar way... told me I looked like my cousin. Anyhow, no one ever said much after that...one of those things relatives either wisper to each other in the background or they choose to forget it. I like the 'which nephew?' response! Perfect!

Cynthia Anne
10-16-2011, 06:41 PM
I think the complement from your uncle would bring me to happy tears! Hugs!