PDA

View Full Version : Business

Maria Ann
10-16-2011, 12:30 PM
Does anyone know if there are any transgender/ crossdresser friendly businesses in Idaho? I have been looking, but I don't think that I am looking in the correct places.

PretzelGirl
10-16-2011, 12:49 PM
You might have to be more specific. Are you looking for places that are geared for TG/CD like Glamour Boutique or Studio Lites that are in Vegas or just places you can go to? If it is places you can go to, that is most anywhere.

So are you just looking for a standard business that you can go to and they also serve the general public? Or are you just looking for a place that has forms, wigs, etc?

Maria Ann
10-16-2011, 12:51 PM
Right now I am looking for anything, I am more or less just seriously starting and do not really have anything.

Kittyagain
10-16-2011, 03:07 PM
Right now I am looking for anything, I am more or less just seriously starting and do not really have anything.

Anna, if you are just getting started it can hit the wallet or purse real hard. Watch for sales in all the major stores. Girl things can get expensive. Another thought too is it takes time to find your style.

Kitty

Maria Ann
10-16-2011, 03:10 PM
Thank you Kitty, I have quite abit of clothes already thanks to a very small thrift store. What I really need are the items and training to help me to be more of the woman that I want to be.

jillleanne
10-16-2011, 05:10 PM
Check the local Tri-Ess chapter nearest you. They often post such things.

Maria Ann
10-16-2011, 05:17 PM
There does not seem to be a chapter in the Idaho area, do you have any other suggestions or ideas Jilleanne?

ChacTzul
10-16-2011, 08:59 PM
Pocatello being a college town, you might find a group there that could help you.

PretzelGirl
10-16-2011, 09:53 PM
If you don't mind a bit of a drive, we have a chapter in Salt Lake City (I did say a bit). But you wouldn't be alone as we do have a southern Idahoan as one of our members. So I guess it depends on what you are calling southern.

Maria Ann
10-16-2011, 10:34 PM
Thank you Sue and Chactzul for that information, and I will definitely look into it.

DanaR
10-16-2011, 11:02 PM
When I was starting out, I just picked up a phone book and started calling. You would be amazed at how many businesses do not have a problem with us. They will tell you if they do. Usually we are the one's with the problem, it's called fear. I remember on one of my first couple of times out, I was at a shop that sold breast forms. It took a lot of courage to walk into the store initially, then I was scared to leave. The lady that owned the store told me to do what her mom told her to do when she was scared to do something. She told me to stick my chest out, hold my head up and just walk. Great advice!

arbon
10-16-2011, 11:42 PM
Hi Anna

I don't know of any groups that meet in the Southern part but there is a TG support group in Boise, mix of CD's and transsexuals usually attend, I can pm you information if you like? It might be a good place to try an connect with others to get some info more specific info on what you are looking for.

Specifically trans friendly businesses in Southern Idaho, I don't know, though I can say that I have not been treated poorly by any business when I get over to Twin (where I shop a lot), Burly or even Idaho Falls. But I am usually just shopping or eating.

Maria Ann
10-17-2011, 11:15 AM
I would greatly appreciate the information Arbon.

Stephanie47
10-17-2011, 11:30 AM
As to the issue of training if you are looking for instructional material for developing a female personna, I'd check into many of the videos on YOuTube and other sites. I've watched them to identify some of the more obvious nuances of being a woman such as walking in heels and sitting with legs crossed or uncrossed. I've watched some of the videos posted on YouTube by cross dressers, who are sometimes prime examples of how to not act. Sitting with knees apart is a No-No. Crossing legs at the ankles is a No-No. Walking in heels and throwing your legs out in front of your body is a No-No. Smoothing your dress at the rear while sitting down so it does not bunch up is the proper way to sit down. Getting in a vehicle by sitting down on the seat and swinging the entire body and legs into the vehicle is proper rather than sticking your right foot in. Using your hand to move those strands of hair from your check. You get the picture.

DanaR
10-17-2011, 12:32 PM
This lady used to attend Esprit and is TG friendly. She might be able to help refer you to some other resources.

Kathy's Wig Boutique.
21 N Orchard Street
Boise, ID 83706-1620
(208) 376-2995

Maria Ann
10-17-2011, 02:12 PM
Thank you Danar and Stephanie for that information.