PDA

View Full Version : Encounter with a manicurist

Eryn
10-16-2011, 04:39 PM
I was at a salon en drab. My wife and I go at the same time and the stylist does my male cut while waiting for Mimi's color to finish.

The shop is small with two hair stations and a manicurist. Very friendly atmosphere. The manicurist didn't have a customer so she was walking around the store. She stopped and gave me a rather piercing look. I asked her if anything was wrong and she said "I just noticed your nails. You have a very nice manicure." I said "Thank you!"

I keep my nails filed back to my fingertips and was wearing Orly Tough Cookie clear strengthener that day. It was very nice to get a compliment from a pro even if I happened to be in male mode at the time!

Eryn

jazmine
10-16-2011, 04:41 PM
SWEET! Little things like that make my day too!

AllieSF
10-16-2011, 04:46 PM
That is one of those unexpected compliments that just seem to make that moment so much more special. Speaking of manicurists, I think I need a trip to mine. Thanks for sharing.

Sarah Doepner
10-16-2011, 05:17 PM
It is a great feeling when someone gives you a compliment. On one of my first trips out I had to pick up a wig I'd dropped off at a TG friendly salon while I was drab. I arrived dressed, screwed up my courage and the woman working there didn't recognize me at first. That really helped boost my spirits. Then she told me I should sit in the chair as she wanted to show me a trick with the wig I was wearing at the time. As she showed me how to do a better job of styling it she complimented me on my eyebrows. Not only was it a nice compliment, but it was the kind of specific compliment that was totally unexpected. At that time it never even crossed my mind that anyone would even comment on my eyebrows.

sissystephanie
10-16-2011, 06:05 PM
I get my nails, fingers and toes, done at a salon every 2 weeks. Frequently, when I am out in public in drab I get complimented on my my finger nails!! They are kept about 1/4 inch beyond the ends of my fingers and are always a pale shade of pink. Ladies seem to love them, and even some men have commented on how nice they look!!

Any compliment is great, but when it is related to crossdressing it is even better!!

andrea69j
10-17-2011, 01:32 AM
OK, my first reaction was that the compliment needed to be taken with the piercing stare. I think she might have been miffed that you were getting your nails done somewhere else, as the looked professionally done.

That could just be my paranoia, though.

Eryn
10-17-2011, 01:50 AM
OK, my first reaction was that the compliment needed to be taken with the piercing stare. I think she might have been miffed that you were getting your nails done somewhere else, as the looked professionally done.

That could just be my paranoia, though.

It's possible, but my wife and I are long term customers of the hairstylist, not the manicurist. My nails looked nice to me, but I think that a pro could tell the difference between my efforts and a professional job. That's likely why she was looking so closely and then when asked resulted in the polite complement. In any case, this manicurist isn't hurting for work. This was the first time I recall seeing her without a customer!

Persephone
10-17-2011, 02:03 AM
Very cool, Eryn!

Hugs,
Persephone.