PDA

View Full Version : Corsets

lovemyboobs
10-16-2011, 09:16 PM
Hey Girls,
Well I just ordered a corset on ebay this weekend but don't have any experience with them. I am looking forward to getting it on for the first time but any suggestions on wearing one and what to expect?

Jamie-Lynn
10-16-2011, 09:22 PM
Better posture and learning how to cope with less air. But in return for less air you can get your figure to look amazing. Who needs air anyways? =P

lovemyboobs
10-16-2011, 09:33 PM
Very true. Is the less air thing a long term deal or just while wearing?
And I am looking forward to the better looking figure hope it really makes my breasts look good! I will post pics when i get it in.

Jamie-Lynn
10-16-2011, 09:37 PM
It's mild discomfort while putting it on and then once it's off your fine. But I think I have mine too tightly laced and is mildly crushing.

Rachel Morley
10-16-2011, 09:46 PM
... any suggestions on wearing one and what to expect?
Expect it to be tight! :devil: It will be a little bit harder to breathe and it will be a little bit uncomfortable if you go out to dinner and have a big meal. If you're wearing high heels (say 4" or above) expect your lower back to ache after about 2 hours. Also if you have it pulled in tight when you take it off at the end of the night it might hurt a little on your lower ribs. If it's really tight, then expect a bruise on your lower rib in a day or two. All the things I've just mentioned are based upon what actually happened to me. That said, I love my corset (when I wear it) because as others have said, it gives you and awesome hour glass figure (with boob and hip padding too) Tight corsets are great! :)

Karren H
10-16-2011, 09:57 PM
Yeah!! I love my 6 corsets!! I wear mine 20 hours a day,/6 days a week... Tight lacing. And over the years its changed my body.. Really works. Moving internal organs around and has shrunk my rob cage to 35". My waist can now cinch to 27". There's a lot involved. Just wearing one once in a while is mostly like wearing shape wear. It will pull in your gut. But over the long tern you will get an hour glass figure... Some thing to know. Cinch it tighter before bed since you loose fluids at night and it will loosen.. Alternately don't lace it too tight in the morning since you expand during the day. And it can get really painful if you are in a place where you can't loosen it some! Really hurts!!! What brand did you get? I've found that anything under $100 is made too poorly to be worn 24/7 for long. Before it starts coming apart.. PM me and I'll send you some links to my photos...

lovemyboobs
10-16-2011, 10:00 PM
Well just went for the cheap to start off with to see if I like it probably something cheap from china. If I like it I may save some money and go to a local shop to see what they have available. And will do on the PM

lovemyboobs
10-16-2011, 10:04 PM
Well Never mind on the PM for some reason this thing won't allow me to view other's profiles and PM them yet. Any ideas why?

gender_blender
10-16-2011, 10:12 PM
I have a dozen corsets. It's a nice secure feeling article of clothing that can correct posture and draw attention to your waist. I prefer underbust corsetry/waist cinchers because you can wear a bra or tshirt above. Just make sure the boning is quality and the laces are decent.
I'd also advise waiting until your arrival before tightening the lacing as it's difficult to drive without oxygen.

lovemyboobs
10-16-2011, 10:16 PM
Very true driving without air could prove difficult. However I don't wear out that often primarily just at home for now. I don't have the patients to try and do myself up in a manner that would be passable. I have worn a bra under shirts before in public but try to not be too noticeable.

Diane Smith
10-16-2011, 10:17 PM
Better posture and learning how to cope with less air. But in return for less air you can get your figure to look amazing. Who needs air anyways? =P

Less air, and less food. I ate a way-too-big meal in my corset last night and was in some serious distress until I could get somewhere to loosen it a bit. But it's also a great aid to dieting if you are committed about wearing one every day. The corset gets more comfortable and shapely the skinnier you get, at the same time that it helps remind you not to eat too much.

- Diane

Karren H
10-17-2011, 12:09 AM
Well just went for the cheap to start off with to see if I like it probably something cheap from china. If I like it I may save some money and go to a local shop to see what they have available. And will do on the PM

Cheap ones are fun! I started buying mine locally. At a couple exotic lingerie shops. Trying them on and having an SA lace you up is worth the money! Lol.

Just got through playing hockey. I'll PM you after I get a few hours sleep.

docrobbysherry
10-17-2011, 12:25 AM
Unfortunately, if u like REAL TITE LACING, a cheap corset, (assuming it IS a corset and not a basque or bustier), may come apart after just a few wearings. I suggest u NOT start by lacing it very tite. Try "tite" to begin with. Wear it for awhile and see how u like it. Then, titen it up a little more each wearing. It will be easier on u AND the "corset" that way. And eventually, after a number of tite lacings, a steel boned corset will bend somewhat to your particular shape!

Persephone
10-17-2011, 01:50 AM
Hi!

Everyone has offered great advice! At first you may not want to lace down more than about 4" around your waist. Since you aren't used to the various restrictions that corseting involves, you probably shouldn't lace tighter than that until you are comfortable with what is involved.

Yes, restriction in taking deep (or sometimes even satisfying) breaths is quite normal and yes, it definitely is not wise to eat too much at any one meal or to drink any carbonated beverages (definitely including beer!).

After a short time you may feel like you can't stand another minute of being corseted. That is precisely the moment to decide that yes, you can and will wear it for longer. Challenge yourself to see if you can remain laced for another hour or even 1/2 hour and if you achieve that, challenge yourself to another hour or 1/2 hour.

Why do I suggest this? Because our corset wearing sisters, back when it was in fashion, didn't get the chance to pop out of their corsets whenever they wanted to, so if you really want to experience what they did then you have to remain laced beyond those moments.

If all else fails, head out to a movie or the opera or something.

Have fun and enjoy your new corset!

Hugs,
Persephone.

suzy1
10-17-2011, 02:29 AM
Just my opinion but buying a cheep corset is the best way to waste your money that I know of.
Buy a good quality one and you go straight to heaven without passing go!

SUZY

Tina B.
10-17-2011, 08:03 AM
Caution, in the south, back in the olden days when women all wore corsets as part of there daily dressing, it was not unusual for a women to suffer from the Vapors, a terrible condition that would cause a women to pass out at times, especially in hot weather, and times of stress. Turns out Vapors is nothing more than not being able to breath because the lacing's where to tight. Oh and on a serious note, even a waist cincher that rides up on the rib cage can bruise, if it's to tight, and be sore for days. Have fun with it, I've never heard of a CD, that doesn't own one or want one.
Tina B.

Karren H
10-17-2011, 08:11 AM
Lol. I actually had "vapors" last week... Took a long walk at noon... Wearing my corset... And the sun came out and I got really faint and had to head back to the office.. The longer you wear them the easier it is to breath shorter smaller breaths. As long as you don't over exert yourself.. And you can shift the corset up or down a bit which makes a big difference breathing. During the day I shift it down a little away from my rib cage and at night when I'm sleep I shift it upwards....

Vieja
10-17-2011, 08:29 AM
After reading the responses here I have decided I really don't need a corset.

Vieja

Karren H
10-17-2011, 09:01 AM

Vieja

Wus!! Real men wear corsets!! Lol.

MJ
10-17-2011, 09:13 AM

Vieja

lol every girl needs one in her kit :)

Erica Thorn
10-17-2011, 09:17 AM
I think this is interesting, don't forget to update how it worked out! I'm looking at some from china to on ebay because of the cheap prices!
btw, got any link to it, curious about what model you choose :D

Just my opinion but buying a cheep corset is the best way to waste your money that I know of.
Buy a good quality one and you go straight to heaven without passing go!

SUZY

I'm sure that's true, but I could never afford one of the pro corsets with real whale bone and the bling bling, getting one from ebay for 10-20€ that's more like it... and when it breaks (because I'm sure it will) I can afford to get a new one :D
but anyway... you always get what you pay for, we've bought a couple for my SO earlier and only 1 broke so far! ;)

Cyndy
10-17-2011, 09:38 AM
They are fun and even more fun if you can have somebody help you lace it up!

litlejohn
10-17-2011, 10:25 AM
I went to a local adult store to get mine, spent a little more than i wanted but still under $100. the sa's were awesome. i bet i tried on 6 different ones then when i thought i'd found the right one the sa came in and tied it for me no problem. I came out to pay for it and asked for one more favor, could she put it back on me so i could were it home, again no problem, and she reminded me to not go to tight to fast for comfort and longevity of the corset(cincher). It feels amazing and draws attention to my waist. i look at least 20 lbs lighter.

NicoleScott
10-17-2011, 10:27 AM
If you want to wear a corset because they are pretty/sexy and don't really need it for shape control, a cheap and pretty one will do it you don't intend on lacing it up tight. But if you wear a corset to slim your waist (or create one - I speak from experience) a good one is a must, and you have to shell out the money for a good one.

KandisTX
10-17-2011, 08:57 PM
I make custom fit corsets for men and women all the time. I use only steel boning and busks in my work, and before cutting the GOOD fabric, I always make a fitting pattern to ensure that I have a proper fit. Karren Hutton is right, anything that costs less than $100.00 (US) is NOT WORTH IT, they are most likely made with cheap plastic boning which offer NO support or holding ability, they will buckle at contact points, and will NOT give you the desired effect for longer than the time it takes for you to move your position. Do yourself a favor and invest in a properly made, well fitting corset and follow the rules for "corset training" and you will eventually give yourself the hour-glass figure or wasp-waist you desire. I adore my corset and when I do get to wear it, my wife cinches me down from a 38 inch waist to a 34 inch waist. Although, I have been losing weight so it may be time for me to get a new one. :) YEAH ME! :)

lovemyboobs
10-17-2011, 10:15 PM
Well it is pretty much this one: http://www.ebay.com/itm/Sexy-Blue-Corset-Bustier-G-String-Lingerie-27U-SIZE-L-/190589632087?pt=US_Corsets_Bustiers&hash=item2c6006fe57#ht_3944wt_1085

Yes I know it is cheap made in china crap but like I said I just want to try one one that is economical for me and then if I like it I will invest in a good one. Probably about a month or two down the road.
Thank you for all the advice. I will keep everyone up to date on it I did get an email that it is in the mail so hopefully not too much longer!!

docrobbysherry
10-17-2011, 11:10 PM
Thanks for posting the link, Love. Please be warned, ANYTHING that is advertised as, "lingerie", should NOT be confused with a figure control corset!
This one is "honestly" labeled as a bustier. Even tho their description says it can be used for "waist reduction", and that's nonsense!
Close inspection of the grommets show there is no solid stay to keep them from ripping out!

When I tried to titen my very first bustier "corset" from FOH, I ripped out every grommet the very first wearing! Of course, it was a simple matter to get my money back from them. Good luck getting it back from China!

It's a fair price for STRICTLY DECORATIVE bedroom lingerie to wear for your partner! But, it's NOT a real corset!

TommyII
10-17-2011, 11:27 PM
Wow, i had no idea that so many were wearing corsets. I have been doing them for years and have worn out several. At times i'm totally committed, then I get lazy. Once you get used to them and them to you, they can be worn every where. Have fun, it'such a fun hug.

subwrx
10-18-2011, 12:53 AM
I've got a few new vidette's (the rubber itches after a wile) and a couple of vintage camps. love them to death im looking to step up to a 24 hr corset. What would you recommend???

DivaB
10-23-2011, 10:31 AM
Do most corsets have hooks in the front or do they have to be laced every time. Reason I ask is I need something I can put on by myself. I have been looking at this one http://www.crossdresser.com/product_page_detail_lg.asp?ProductID=1520&ProductCatID=7&Search=

Piora
10-23-2011, 10:45 AM
Do most corsets have hooks in the front or do they have to be laced every time. Reason I ask is I need something I can put on by myself.
The last corset I bought was hooks at the front, lacing at the back. Once you get the lacing tight enough for your form, then you can leave that alone, and simply do up the hooks. If you do a search, there are a number of methods of doing up the lacing even tighter (if that's the look you're going for) such as by using your bedroom or bathroom doorknob, when there's no one around to help you.

DivaB
10-23-2011, 10:54 AM
When they say order 4 to 6 inches less than your waist size where do you measure your waist? Somewhere near your belly button?

Piora
10-23-2011, 11:55 AM
When they say order 4 to 6 inches less than your waist size where do you measure your waist? Somewhere near your belly button?
My thoughts are that would be the area just below your bottom ribs, a few inches above your belly button.

suit
10-23-2011, 12:08 PM
the best place for anything corset related........... see post below

docrobbysherry
10-23-2011, 12:17 PM
Do most corsets have hooks in the front or do they have to be laced every time. Reason I ask is I need something I can put on by myself. I have been looking at this one http://www.crossdresser.com/product_page_detail_lg.asp?ProductID=1520&ProductCatID=7&Search=

Real waist training corsets don't have hooks in front, Diva. The link u showed appears to be a real corset. However, those r busks in front, not hooks. Nearly ALL real corsets have those! U r supposed to fasten them BEFORE u titen the back laces!

Measure your ACTUAL WAIST! Then, I suggest for your FIRST corset, order 4" smaller than that measurement. If u really use it, get a 6" smaller one for your next one. That's what I did and it's worked well!
Remember, real corsets have metal stays. The corset and stays will form to YOUR BODY SHAPE after you've worn it awhile. Before it does, u can place it where ever u like. Within certain limits. Once it bends to your shape, the waist will naturally be where yours is!

DivaB
10-23-2011, 12:43 PM
Ok I'm not real good at this if I wear a 34 in men jeans should I order a 30. I'm not sure where to measure my "waist" don't really have a waist line if ya get my drift hoping the corset will make me a waist line. Really appreciate all your help and patience.

suit
10-23-2011, 02:04 PM
http://www.staylace.com/updatelogs/upd_log.htm
surf this sight .
surf the links too.
in three weeks you'll know way more about corsets

docrobbysherry
10-23-2011, 07:52 PM
Ok I'm not real good at this if I wear a 34 in men jeans should I order a 30. I'm not sure where to measure my "waist" don't really have a waist line if ya get my drift hoping the corset will make me a waist line. Really appreciate all your help and patience.

Yes, I DO understand. However, if u have a 38" waist and order a 30" corset, you're going to be disappointed, Diva! 34 is probably closer to your HIP SIZE? That's where most men where their jeans. WHATEVER your waist measures, I recommend u order a corset 4" to 6" smaller than that. Don't expect to crank MORE than 6" in off your tummy. And, even THAT could hurt u rite off the bat! Before your body's used to a corset! I had one on today for the first time in months. It hurt like heck until I got re-acclimated!

lovemyboobs
10-24-2011, 12:12 AM
WHATEVER your waist measures, I recommend u order a corset 4" to 6" smaller than that.

Yes but where exactly is that measurement to be taken?? At bellybutton? Above? Below? Yes where male jeans would rest would be the hips. As with me, I have never had a reason to measure the waist measurement so where exactly is it??

DivaB
10-24-2011, 07:56 AM
Yes but where exactly is that measurement to be taken?? At bellybutton? Above? Below? Yes where male jeans would rest would be the hips. As with me, I have never had a reason to measure the waist measurement so where exactly is it??

Second that. Not sure either

Karren H
10-24-2011, 08:58 AM
The best way to know for sure is find a lingerie store that sells corset and go try one on... Call ahead and make sure they are friendly. In this economy they'd be stupid to turn away customers... Not buying the wrong thing is so worth the extra money. And having someone help you and lace you up is priceless!! :):):)

Adelina
10-24-2011, 11:41 AM
Do yourself a favor and invest in a properly made, well fitting corset and follow the rules for "corset training" and you will eventually give yourself the hour-glass figure or wasp-waist you desire.

What are the rules of corset training?

docrobbysherry
10-24-2011, 11:53 AM
Everyone's waist is located in the same place. It's the soft area with no bones directly above your hip bones and below your ribs!

The differences r that everyone's waist is NOT smaller than their hips, butt, or band size! Also, some folks have long waists. Giving them am option of where to center their corset. Short waisted folks like me, don't have that option!

The point of a corset is to give u and hourglass figure. Since the corset can't shrink your hips at all and has only a slight effect on your ribs, the middle of the hourglass MUST be your soft waist area! Altho, I've seen some large girls that use a corset to flatten out their big tummies! No hourglass shape, but no big belly hanging out either!

DivaB
10-24-2011, 06:14 PM
The best way to know for sure is find a lingerie store that sells corset and go try one on... Call ahead and make sure they are friendly. In this economy they'd be stupid to turn away customers... Not buying the wrong thing is so worth the extra money. And having someone help you and lace you up is priceless!! :):):)

Karren honey if I looked half as hot as you I would be in every lingerie store in town.

DivaB
10-24-2011, 06:16 PM
Everyone's waist is located in the same place. It's the soft area with no bones directly above your hip bones and below your ribs!

The differences r that everyone's waist is NOT smaller than their hips, butt, or band size! Also, some folks have long waists. Giving them am option of where to center their corset. Short waisted folks like me, don't have that option!

The point of a corset is to give u and hourglass figure. Since the corset can't shrink your hips at all and has only a slight effect on your ribs, the middle of the hourglass MUST be your soft waist area! Altho, I've seen some large girls that use a corset to flatten out their big tummies! No hourglass shape, but no big belly hanging out either!

That's kind of what I looking for less belly... Thank you all for the advise.

HelenR2
10-26-2011, 10:31 AM
If you have are trying on a corset for the first time stand in front of a full length mirror and put it on back to front. That way you can see how the lacing works and there will be less fumbling when you go to put it on the right way round.

DivaB
10-26-2011, 05:28 PM
Good advice I'll try it, might fumble around a bit trying to tie a bow behind my back. Is it possible (I know it's wrong) to fasten the busks last?

Jennifer H
10-26-2011, 07:19 PM
Hey Girls,
Well I just ordered a corset on ebay this weekend but don't have any experience with them. I am looking forward to getting it on for the first time but any suggestions on wearing one and what to expect?

Hi everyone,

After reading the responses here I have decided I realy do need a corset.

xxx Jenny

lovemyboobs
10-30-2011, 11:37 PM
well finally got it and love it! I will have to save up some money and get a really good one now!

Barbara Ella
12-04-2011, 01:35 PM
Came to this thread after reading Karens post about her corset sore. I had a question about the size change expected, and was pleased to see what to expect, or try for with the 4" to start. From 36 to 32 or so would be a great start. My question, which I did not find answered in this thread (will keep looking, but will post here anyway). Does the wearing of a corset, and the tight lacing, training routine have any interaction with tucking.. Do the pressures from the corset exert any undue forces that might cause pain for the tucked testicles that are up in the abdominal cavities. Tucking for 4 days, 24/7 except for bathroom use, and am very comfortable with the act of tucking and the activities when tucked, and have begun to think about corsets (well, not true, how can one not think about them all the time, so maybe just the purchasing of one)

Thanks, Babes

Stiefelchris
12-11-2011, 07:06 PM
I bought two corsets online and had no luck. After some arguing I went into a lingerie store locally and told the lady what I needed and she said they were CD frindly and fully suprted me. Buying everything there now!!

Debglam
12-11-2011, 07:38 PM
Vieja

Wus!! Real men wear corsets!! Lol.

:yrtw:

I got some bruising from where the bottom of the corset rests on my pelvis while sitting, but otherwise it's fine.

Ashley_Marie
12-11-2011, 11:38 PM
This talk of corsets reminds me of the first Pirates of the Caribbean movie. In that movie Elizabeth falls into the water and has to be saved by Jack Sparrow. After she drowns he has to cut off her corset so she can breath again.

Later in the movie she makes a comment to some of the pirates, "You like pain? Try wearing a corset!"

At one time I thought about getting a corset, but I have since changed my mind. Corsets are not for everyone, and I came to the realization that their just not for me.

docrobbysherry
12-12-2011, 01:58 AM
Came to this thread after reading Karens post about her corset sore. I had a question about the size change expected, and was pleased to see what to expect, or try for with the 4" to start. From 36 to 32 or so would be a great start. My question, which I did not find answered in this thread (will keep looking, but will post here anyway). Does the wearing of a corset, and the tight lacing, training routine have any interaction with tucking.. Do the pressures from the corset exert any undue forces that might cause pain for the tucked testicles that are up in the abdominal cavities. Tucking for 4 days, 24/7 except for bathroom use, and am very comfortable with the act of tucking and the activities when tucked, and have begun to think about corsets (well, not true, how can one not think about them all the time, so maybe just the purchasing of one)
Thanks, Babes

None of my corsets, long or short, have any effect on my tucking, or not tucking! However, a very tite laced corset DOES push your insides down. Which can cause or inflame hemroids! I always wear something that prevents that nasty side effect.

CINDYO
12-12-2011, 05:41 AM
I could not tell you cause corsets are something that GG's used to wear,ie like my mothers age, I have never had one on, nor would i. The concept goes completely against nature, just put alittle muscle power into the look you want. That being, eat healthy and do at least one hour of aerobics, i mean hard core, very elevated heart rate and you will get the desire look, without compressing vital organs, which is exactly what a cordet does, not to mention it ruins what core muscles you may have by doing the work for them and making them lax :) A GG look does not come as easy as struggling to get not a huge elastic band, ie corset. Will power and determination are what it takes...

diannecourtney
12-30-2011, 08:25 AM
I had a corset 3 or 4 yrs ago,once on it was a joy to wear, but lacing it up by ones self was not an easy chore. Hey, any suggestions. I'[d love to get another. it was so neat moving the hips. ribs. and boobs.

Anna Lorree
12-31-2011, 01:29 AM
One of the first things I bought after my last (as in final) purge 2 1/2 years ago was a corset. I love it! I love how it looks, and how it feels to be laced up in it. I bought mine from Timeless Trends:

http://www.timeless-trends.com/

They were quick and make a good and robust product. I will buy from them again.

Anna

Longing2be-Trisha
12-31-2011, 01:48 AM
I Just got three in the mail today from Corset-story.com. Two under bust and one over bust and it is so cute white w/black polka dots. Love them!

Hugs

Suzy Parker
12-31-2011, 08:12 AM
Here is a great corset site. If you have never been it is worht the trip.

http://www.staylace.com