PDA

View Full Version : Shopping with the wife

Maxi
10-17-2011, 11:38 AM
We went shopping at Penny's last weekend. While wandering through ladies wear, I saw a very sharp looking dress, that I would love to have. I asked my wife what she thought of it? She said she liked it, and it would fit her too & She could borrow it to wear to work. I asked her if I should get it? She said she had a coupon we could use to save $20 on it. It is an $80 dress that was on the 1/2 off sale for $40, plus the coupon brought it $20, plus the 5% off for using the Penny' card. What a deal.
I guess you could call it our dress. At least we both have about the same taste in clothing.

While I was still wandering around the ladies wear carrying our dress, my wife went across the midway to children's shoes. A sales associate came over and asked if I was finding everything ok? I told her I was just looking. She was very nice, and said if I needed any help, just ask. She did make me feel comfortable wandering around the department. Keep in mind I was unshaven, and dressed in beat up work jeans, and a sweatshirt. Just a rough looking guy at the time.

Stephanie47
10-17-2011, 11:51 AM
A sale is a sale is a sale. I've found the young women at JCP are helpful and more opened minded than older women. Back in the day one of the older sales clerks made a snide remark when I was buying myself a Vanity Fair pull on girdle. I had a picture of the item in my hand with the proper size written down. She knew it was for me and let me know she knew it was for me. Maybe the purchase was too intimate for a guy to buy, but, damn the girdle was sexy. I ended up with one is black and another in white.

BevAndrews
10-17-2011, 12:32 PM
We have an agreement that we don't share clothes or have matching outfits.
The problem is we have the same tastes, and I'm enough of a gentleman (even when in my skirt and bra) to let her have first refusal.
Oh well - at least she accepts the fact that I do dress!

Cynthia Anne
10-17-2011, 09:18 PM
It's nice that you have your wife to shop with! And haveing someone to share with is better yet! Hugs!

linda allen
10-18-2011, 07:05 AM
It's nice that you have your wife to shop with! And haveing someone to share with is better yet! Hugs!

Yes, that sounds nice. Wish I was in your shoes.

kristinacd55
10-18-2011, 07:08 AM
That's great that you wear the same size! Also, it's fun to go shopping together.....well sometimes lol.

Tina B.
10-18-2011, 09:13 AM
I always did like JCP, wish we still had one in our town. I love shopping with my wife, we don't have the same style, but she knows mine, and will spot things on a hanger that I don't notice, but on, they look great. The only time I ever got so much as a strange look from an SA, was at a JCP, years ago, and older gal, that didn't seem to like selling me a waist Chincher, I just smiled at her, so she said nothing, and rang me up, but her look said it all, now days I don't care male of female, young or old, they all seem to understand these days, it's all about the money, and not letting you have a reason to take it with you when you leave their shop.
Tina B.

kimdl93
10-18-2011, 09:34 AM
sales are sales. I haven't shopped at JCP, but in defense of older women, I have great experiences with mature SAs at Dillards and Coldwater Creek to name a couple.

shybi
10-20-2011, 03:44 PM
if im shopping for new clothes the wife comes with me to help me choose. i'm ok with underware but skirts and tops i need help

Kittyagain
10-20-2011, 03:58 PM
Maxi it is always good to read of a couple going shopping together no matter how you are dressed.

Kitty