PDA

View Full Version : It's been too long, I miss dressing.

tinak415
10-17-2011, 04:29 PM
Hi,

Well first off I'm just venting since I really don't have anywhere else to share this. Also I know what my solution is, so I'm not expecting responses. It's just that this has been on my mind for a LONG time and just need to get it off my chest.

It's been almost 2 years since I last dressed. Had a few times where I semi-dressed for a short period of time. But head to toe Tina has been awhile and I'm really starting to miss it. Opportunity's to dress over the past year were infrequent. The few times I did have, I just kind of lost interest. The big factor was getting all dressed up with nowhere to go.

Now I'm starting to feel I NEED to let Tina out and play for awhile. It's been far too long. Opportunity's are still infrequent. I really need to practice my makeup skills too. Makeup is now too old for me to feel safe wearing it. Would love to go to MAC or someplace similar and get some real makeup, but that will never happen while in boy mode. I so want to go clothes shopping and get some new/updated stuff.

I'm in the SF Bay Area. Been to Carlas a few times, but it too far for me to be a regular. I'm in the North Bay, a little over an hours drive to Carla's. So wish there was someplace similar closer to SF. Even if it was just a clean, safe place to change and store my clothes. I heard about a place called Tucked in the Sunset, but my understanding is it's now closed.

Anyway, sorry for venting, but thanks for listening. I know I just need to make some time and just go for it. Maybe just set a day aside. Go to Carla's, dress, and go out for awhile.

Tina

LolaDD
10-17-2011, 08:11 PM
Hey Tina,

I couldn't have said it any better myself. I wish I could be Lola a little more often. I mean the complete Lola. I also need help with my makeup. Hoping to do it sometime soon.

Lola

SusanLCD
10-17-2011, 08:19 PM
No question that 2 years is a long time to be "dormant."

Perhaps you may know some CDs who are near to you and can meet you for lunch or happy hour. Even in drab, you could at least share your feelings with someone who understands and is there to talk/listen.

Cynthia Anne
10-17-2011, 08:35 PM
Young lady, it's time to get Tina out and show her what she's been missing for the past two years! I don't think I could handle that for two days much less two years! Hugs!

Danni Renee
10-17-2011, 08:47 PM
If you are like most of us, the urge will not go away so the real option is figuring out when you can do it and just do it. I know, easy to say, hard to do. But you have to be true to yourself. If you want to shop more disreetly for makeup, try Walmart or another retailer like that. They are usually busy enough that nobody notices what you are buying.

Danni

HottyHeather
10-17-2011, 08:49 PM
I havent dressed up in about a year. I would get such a rush of excitement , because I guess I was tired of the same old me.I got rid of a lot of my girlie things and really miss my feminine side at times.Oh well what to do ?

jillleanne
10-19-2011, 12:32 PM
Yep, you have it all together and know what to do. Just take your time, think it all out, and do it. You will thank yourself for it later. I'm sure there are lots of people in your are that would go out with you, etc., or give you a place to change and or store your things. Have you tried: www.LadiesKnightOut.com? They may know of a group close to you.
Hugs, Jill

Tina B.
10-20-2011, 08:23 AM
Girl you haven't been out dressed for two years, an hour drive to San Jose, is not so far, and after Carla's there are malls on almost every corner it seems, so go shopping.
Tina B.