PDA

View Full Version : Focus on the positive

Amanda22
10-18-2011, 11:27 AM
It just occurred to me that the way I handle the challenge of passing in public is the same as in the rest of my life. Few situations, CD-related or not, are entirely positive. I've earnestly tried to live more positively and optimistically for the past year and I've seen this attitude spill over into my crossdressing.

I have relatives and neighbors who complain constantly. They see only the negative aspects of any situation. What a waste of the precious gift of life. They're always miserable.

When I go out, I'm treated with respect and successfully pass most of the time, probably because people just don't bother to notice. I focus on the positive experiences. This gives me control of my life. Caring about the negative reactions of others who may stare or giggle at me hands control over to others. I can't separate how I approach life in general from how I handle public exposure when dressed. Can anyone?

Stephanie47
10-18-2011, 11:40 AM
If I were not married and did not have extensive extended family in my neighborhood, I'd toss all caution to the wind. I do not pass. I wish I did, but, I do not. Therefore, I limit my outside activities to evening strolls or drives. For too many years I had to even limit my strolling and driving because I was employed. I had to protect my income, which was derived from extensive interaction with the public. The consequences of being 'outed' may have affected my ability to support my family.

Although the casual interaction with the public may or may not produce conflicts, ridicule or worse, there is always the negative effects it may have had on my wife and children. I have always approached life with consideration of how my actions may affect others. If my actions may cause harm to those I love, I will subjugate those desires for the benefit of my loved ones.

Cynthia Anne
10-18-2011, 03:28 PM
Very well said Amanda! People who know me and those who see me wonder how I could ever be happy! Yet you can find me always happy and with a smile!When you focus on the positive the negative seems to fade into the back ground! Hugs!

Karren H
10-18-2011, 03:53 PM
I'm generally happy and upbeat tempered by reality... No mater what clothes I wear. i have a hard time not finding humor in damn near everything which tends to get me in trouble. Lol.

*Vanessa*
10-18-2011, 04:25 PM
So well said !

Wish there was a way to make this a stick so it wouldn't vanish.

kimdl93
10-19-2011, 06:45 AM
I think that's the best way to approach life, Amanda. I've tried it both ways - abject pessimism and cynicism vs pragmattic optimisim. The life of an optimist is certainly more enjoyable even if the outcomes are the same.

Tina B.
10-19-2011, 08:35 AM
They say it's not the good or the bad things in life that matter, it's how you deal with them, sounds like you have found the way to deal with them.
Tina B.

eluuzion
10-19-2011, 04:39 PM
I keep this card that I typed a couple of quotes on and laminated a long time ago.

This is one of the quotes on it...

Attitude “There is little difference in people, but that little difference makes a big difference. The little difference is attitude. The big difference is whether it is positive or negative.”
-W. Clement Stone

:love:

SarahLynn
10-19-2011, 10:18 PM
O.M.G. >>>>>> Karren where did you get that wig. Purple hair sweetie. whoowheee.

SarahLynn