PDA

View Full Version : Is it all in Suzy’s mind or are women loosing the art of dressing?

suzy1
10-18-2011, 01:27 PM
Are you like me when you walk along the street and look at all the women passing by and criticising there dress sense.
I am always seeing how some of them could look so much better.
There hair style is wrong or that dress looks awful, it’s all wrong.
And don’t get me started on the bulging flesh between the top of the skirt and the bottom of the top!

And then a women walks by that looks perfect. It’s all I can do not to stare at her.

The one that walked past me today had full, shoulder length auburn hair, make up just perfect. A fitted plain black dress on her slim tall body, flesh colour hose, and 3” heels. And the way she walked made my head spin!

But women like that seem to be getting a rarity these days.

Or is it just me?

SUZY

[And when it comes to dress sense a lot of you girls here have got it nailed!]

Madilyn A.
10-18-2011, 01:37 PM
Suzy, I agree with you. Rare is the woman we see out and about that dresses as nicely as "we" girls do. Is it they're lack of fashion sense or our desire to see woman dress a bit more glamorously. I suspect just a little of both. In the states, a few new television shows have recently been aired showing the fashion of the 50's and 60's. Hopefully more women will take note and dress more appropriate to our tastes. I know I'm dreaming again. LOL !!

Sara Jessica
10-18-2011, 01:41 PM
It might be just me but I have the feeling this thread is going to go "poof" before too long. This typically happens when there is general criticism of women, their fashion sense or lack thereof, perceived femininity, etc.

Women are not out there running around worrying about whether they meet the arbitrary standards set by some members os the CD community.

jennCD
10-18-2011, 01:50 PM
I didn't think there were rules on how "perfect" all men and women are supposed to be dressing. In either mode, I guess I'd fail each and every time. I mean I doubt I'm turning any heads in my sneakers and jeans but I doubt more that any women are looking at me wondering why I'm not wearing a suit like they do on Mad Men.
We all dress the way we like and the way we choose to have the world view us.... I suppose being a part the trans community builds that kinda acceptance into us, I dunno.

:)
jenn

suzy1
10-18-2011, 01:53 PM
It might be just me but I have the feeling this thread is going to go "poof" before too long. This typically happens when there is general criticism of women, their fashion sense or lack thereof, perceived femininity, etc.

Women are not out there running around worrying about whether they meet the arbitrary standards set by some members os the CD community.

I am very sorry you took it that way Sara.
I post the most harmless thread and this happens.
Am I the only one left that does not take life too seriously?

[Apart from you Madilyn, bless you]

Stephanie47
10-18-2011, 01:58 PM
I am going to agree. However, the comment is also applicable to men. When I was still working in a very professional office my female supervisor never wore a dress or skirt and blouse. It was always jeans. In warmer weather it was capri pants. Now this woman represented a high ranking director. The women under her wore jeans. There were professional women interacting with CPA's and wealthy people who wore sweat suits. It was a total embarrassment. Thirty years ago the women wore business attire and the guy suits or sport jackets and ties. Go to the mall today and there is an assortment of attire. My pre-teen granddaughter is very fashion oriented and dresses very youthful and tasteful- nothing tacky. There are kids looking great. But, the adults- yikes! They look like crap. There is a difference between looking casual and looking like crap. Of course, the obesity epidemic does not help the people who look like crap-male or female. They are a lot of very tastefully dressed larger size women. There are a lot of tasteful dresses for a size 18. I should know because I own 79 of them.

I know Suzy will get jumped on. However, please dress with an air of confidence and self respect whether you are male or female. And, if you are going to dress en femme- don't look like a slob.

Momarie
10-18-2011, 02:10 PM

Thank you for understanding Sara.

Suzy, you are a very sweet gal and I realize that what you wrote seems harmless to you...but in fact, it comes across as critical and insulting to real women.
There is so much more to being a woman than your version of the typical cd fantasy.

Asche
10-18-2011, 02:18 PM
Maybe because it wasn't as harmless as you thought it was?

I haven't been here all that long, and I've already seen a number of threads here along these lines, and seen where they go. I'm surprised that you haven't.

suzy1
10-18-2011, 02:31 PM
I’m going to join a monastery.
See you in about 5 years…………………bye, bye.

Sophie86
10-18-2011, 02:38 PM
I am very sorry you took it that way Sara.
Am I the only one left that does not take life too seriously?

[Apart from you Madilyn, bless you]

If I were you, Suzy, I would just go ahead and have it taken down, because what's about to happen is not going to be pretty, and you don't deserve it.

Nigella
10-18-2011, 02:41 PM
I would suggest that before anyone else starts a thread of this nature they read the rules (http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/faq.php?faq=main_rules#faq_content)

and just to clarify

Posts or threads ridiculing other members or the manner in which they express themselves, unless they post of something immoral or illegal. This includes any complaint about the way females, males, transgendered, or any other cross-section of the membership dress, the way they express themselves (such as spelling and language skills, and any mention of religious beliefs, political preferences and affiliations, sexual preference, etc.)

This thread is now finished