PDA

View Full Version : My newfound love--Belly Dancing

Leelou
10-18-2011, 09:32 PM
So I've got a new feminine outlet--belly dancing. I was over at a platonic GG's place, who doesn't know I Cd, and she showed me some Youtube videos of her dance troupe. It was great. Well, then she tells me some guys do this form of dance. Not a lot, but some apparently. She showed me some more videos of men doing belly dance and said one of her instructors is male. I of course was intrigued.

She offered to show me some moves but insisted that I wear a hip scarf because it had the dangle coins attached that gave immediate feedback of how you're moving. I was all in. I must say the hip scarf is pretty sweet, never wore one before. But I will again :)

Anyway, we did an instruction video together and I was very happy to oblige. The movements are beautiful and made me feel great doing them. And I wasn't half bad for a first timer she tells me!

Just wanted to share. Like I said, this is new. I researched some of the outfits afterward and will probably get at least one--the girly kind of course. And the dancing was actually tough physically so will be a new super fun workout.

Anyone else done the Belly Dance?

docrobbysherry
10-18-2011, 10:14 PM
I'm not sure! Does DRESSING like a belly dancer count?:brolleyes:
I tried dancing like one. But stopped! I've never seen one move THAT badly!:doh:

*Andrea*
10-18-2011, 10:22 PM
Yeeesss!!! I love it!!! I like the Irina Akulenko instructional videos on youtube. I started like two months ago. Belly dancing helps your feminine movement, it lets go the male stiffness, and hopefully helps feminize the body (especially the waist area i guess).

Leelou
10-18-2011, 10:23 PM
Now that's what I'm talking about. Love the outfit, looking good! That's what I want :)

Cynthia Anne
10-18-2011, 10:34 PM
I have never belly danced! Although it sounds like fun! I get a lot of lap dances though:D! Better shut up before I get off topic! Hugs!

Leelou
10-18-2011, 10:43 PM
Yeeesss!!! I love it!!! I like the Irina Akulenko instructional videos on youtube. I started like two months ago. Belly dancing helps your feminine movement, it lets go the male stiffness, and hopefully helps feminize the body (especially the waist area i guess).

Cool, Raquel, I'll check out Irina's videos. I agree that it helps feminize our movements. I find myself moving my hips more when I walk now. That was one of the exercises--isolating each hip forward. Eventually that's what gives you the shimmy that looks so good. Like I said, get a hip scarf. Nothing like jingling every time you move!

*Andrea*
10-18-2011, 11:08 PM
Do check the videos, they are easy to follow and step by step. I have a scarf but not the dangling coins... I have to find one fast!!! ;)

jarts55
10-19-2011, 02:05 AM
This is something I really want to get into. Thanks for the tip on the youtube videos.

Kathy4ever
10-19-2011, 04:08 AM
It is a great form of exercise. I did it for few times. I just use fit tv network. I forget the name but you get a bigger screen to watch and learn to.

DanaR
10-21-2011, 01:15 AM
Belly dancing is fun. I took lessons for several years and have been thinking about going again. It is a good workout and you do learn some more feminine moves and gestures.