PDA

View Full Version : Baby Steps

Evana
10-19-2011, 02:47 PM
I took the morning off yesterday and i was determined to go to a department store to buy nail polish. I was scared and nervous when I entered the store. I walked near the cosmetics area and finally I got enough courage and approached the area with nail polish. I stood there for a minute and finally I picked two different bottles and then I heard a female voice asking me if I needed help. Somehow I got the courage and said to her that I was shopping for myself and I couldn't decide which I should buy. WOW!!!! I DID IT!!!! I SAID IT!!!! She said without any hesitation "why don't you but both of them." My face must had been red and she had to have noticed because she then told me that I would need a removed and cotton balls. Both of us went to the next aisle and had a very pleasant conversation about the various products.

She could have been talking about Hitler because I was not listening and I was in heaven. I finally thanked her and left. As I approached the only cashier in the store two men followed me in line and then a few others. I just stood there, handed the money and left.

What a relief!

Angela

kimdl93
10-19-2011, 03:04 PM
See, its not really all that difficult once you get past the fear factor. What's next?

Karren H
10-19-2011, 03:05 PM
Yea!! She was a good sales woman!! That's the way most of the SA's I know are. Get you to buy more than you had originally wanted to! Which in your case is a good thing!!

Cynthia Anne
10-19-2011, 03:08 PM
Hey girl! YOU GOTTA' START SOMEWHERE! And I think you are off to a great start! It gets better each time! Hugs!

phone_gal
10-19-2011, 03:10 PM
good for you. i do the same thing every single day i walk into a store and go into the women's underwear section. i feel like people are looking at me as a creep. but the way i look at it, women go into the guys sections no problem, so why can't i go into a woman's section and shop for ME? i'm not going to lie, every time i go into a section, my heart starts beating fast, and i get nervous, but i do it, and then never look back. if people want to stare, let them. i know me, they don't. i think it's the worst when i go into the pantyliner section, i get so many stares, but it helps even out the bulge from taping and tucking.

so congratulations!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

DivaB
10-19-2011, 06:08 PM
Wow I feel the same way heart starts beating faster hands get clammy. I often rush my decision on my purchase and end up with something that doesn't fit.