PDA

View Full Version : The thrill of shopping in person for the closeted CDr

cdtraveler
10-19-2011, 08:47 PM
OMG! As a closeted CDr I would have never thought of going out and shopping for heels in-person...that is before joining all of you here but I did just that this evening and IT WAS SOOOOOO MUCH FUN. :o I just walked into payless (in drab but under-dressed) and went right to the section I was looking for and even tried on seveal pairs before I found a sexy pair of 4 inch heels. Walked right up to the SA and tried to make confident friendly eye contact. She was as many of you have stated very friendly helpful and professional.

bridgetta
10-19-2011, 08:54 PM
yeah.. exactly. thats all there is to it.

Rachel Morley
10-19-2011, 09:04 PM
Congratulations! You have just done something very important. The fact that you have done something related to CDing that you never thought you could do. Trust me, once you get to this point everything becomes easier ... actually wait, not quite, IMHO the more you push the envelope the more more challenging it becomes BUT the thing you have to remember is that the basic principle is the same. You did it before (did something you thought you could never do) and so you can do it again and again.

Cynthia Anne
10-19-2011, 09:36 PM
Quiet please! I think I just heard your closet door creep open just a little! And that is great! There is nothing I know of that beats shopping! Enjoy it! Hugs!:)

Tasha McIntyre
10-19-2011, 09:45 PM
Well done, the first step is ofter the hardest, and you survived :)

Beware though, once out of he closet you'll probably never want to go back in. Wickedly addictive fun, esp when you reach the point of getting out tp the mall dressed, mixing it up with the other shoppers.

Good luck, stay safe

Tash :)

Eryn
10-19-2011, 10:12 PM
I did exactly the same thing as you. Thrilling, wasn't it? Pretty soon you'll likely be selecting clothes from the racks and heading for the dressing room! :)

HunkyDory
10-19-2011, 10:49 PM
So happy for you! Sounds like the experience really lifted your spirits. Well deserved. :thumbsup: I'm gonna have to follow your example now. Care to model those new heels for us?:battingeyelashes:

ttyl-D

Tina B.
10-20-2011, 07:19 AM
Shopping in drab use to scare me too, but one day I walked into a Sears store, and they had a 50% off all the shoes, I walked out with 5 pair, from heels to wedges, and even a pair of high heel Tennis shoes, they where fun. I even get told I have a very lucky wife, to have a husband that picks out such great gifts, I never Tell them that's what I'm doing, I guess they just give me the benefit of the doubt. Shopping the womens section is fun, no matter how you are dressed!
Tina B.

KARI AN
10-20-2011, 08:03 AM
Yesterday I also walked into a store picked out two bras walked to the checkout and the girls said would you like to try them on. I almost said yes but I knew they where fine but I did chat with the ladies. felt real good in being out buying.

Jenny Doolittle
10-20-2011, 08:52 AM
Giggles, What I have discovered about shopping for the first time is that it is addicting! You will find new things to go shopping for and of course, now that you have all of these new lovely things, you will have to be wearing them when you go shopping next time.

So, as a closeted girl you will find before long there are way too many clothes in the closet to allow room for you and POOF, You are out and loving it!

Jane P
10-20-2011, 10:12 AM
OMG! IT WAS SOOOOOO MUCH FUN. :o I just walked into payless (in drab but undressed)

It's one thing to shop for shoes as a man , but next time you should really wear some clothing. Being undressed while shopping could get you arrested .:heehee:

Just kidding. Good for you.

Cassiecd
10-20-2011, 10:58 AM
Congrats! It is so much fun, and now you gain the confidence its more fun! I especially remember the first time I admitted they were for "me" and not "her". How liberating!

docrobbysherry
10-20-2011, 11:13 AM
I'm jealous, Traveler! U MUST be a size 10 or smaller. While I hate wasting time in malls, Payless Stores r very convenient, but still a waste of my time! It's simple to drive up in front and walk in. Which I've done many times. However, their stock of stylish over size 10, and over 3" heels, is pretty non-existent in our stores!

I actually do BETTER at finding hi heels in size 10 1/2/11 at thrift stores! At a fraction of the Payless prices! And, I don't feel I'm wasting my time in those stores. If I don't find any shoes, I'll nearly always find something else "vitally important" for Sherry's wardrobe! Lol!

Cassie Cas
10-20-2011, 03:29 PM
I found a Payless that carries a lot of size 13s. I was in there last week during lunch and tried on a few pairs. Talk about a racing heart. There were a few other women in there. The SA so me walking in a pair of 4inch pumps. She said they look great on me. Now I want to go everyday and try on and buy more.