PDA

View Full Version : Facebook Follies - Part 2

Kathi Lake
10-20-2011, 01:36 PM
I thought I'd make my 3,000th post a good one, under the direction of Anne, so here it is:

I just had to post this as it definitely made me laugh out loud. It's amazing what a tiny, blurry picture of someone that looks somewhat like a woman (and some guys don't even discriminate there) can do. Case in point. I commented on a friend's post on Facebook. She is a regional manager for my favorite store, and friended me on Facebook during the Great Contest Debacle (http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/showthread.php?139070) of 2010.

Anyway, a friend of hers posted as well, confusion ran amok, hilarity (mostly mine) ensued, and, . . . well, here's the post:

Anne2345
10-20-2011, 02:00 PM
OMG!!!! LOLOLOLOLOL!!!! Brilliant!!! And btw, congrats on your 3,000th post, and offering this post for it! :)

Kittyagain
10-20-2011, 03:47 PM
Kathi, well Played. And 3000 post to boot. You are at the top of your game.

Kitty

VeronicaMoonlit
10-20-2011, 05:32 PM
You are mixing your sci-fi metaphors! Assimilated is Star Trek, The Force and droids is Star Wars! Stop it! It is against the Nerd Rules and you will be punished, I will take away your nerd card and you will not get any quatloos. Always remember the Keeper's quote from "The Cage" (the original Star Trek pilot with Jeffrey Hunter): "Wrong thinking is punishable. Right thinking will be as quickly rewarded. You will find it an effective combination. "

But you will be assimilated. Resistance is Futile. You will become One of Us.

Veronica

TGMarla
10-20-2011, 06:30 PM
Veronica is right....I saw this happen. Dude lost all his quatloos. It's true.

However, it's a very appropriate quote. But you could have quoted Spock from the episode at the OK Corral with the Melkotians: "They are not real. They are spectres."

docrobbysherry
10-20-2011, 06:53 PM
Veronica is right....I saw this happen. Dude lost all his quatloos. It's true.

However, it's a very appropriate quote. But you could have quoted Spock from the episode at the OK Corral with the Melkotians: "They are not real. They are spectres."

Funny, Marla! I mean, discussing "reality" here! Talk about folks living in a parallel universe!? I think we're as close as u can get, other than in a sci fi flick!

And, Veronica, unless I've missed something: Haven't we ALL already been "assimilated"?

Jonianne
10-20-2011, 07:01 PM
You are mixing your sci-fi metaphors!.....

That's alright, I saw a spoof back in the 70's that included the "Lost in Space" ship Jupiter alongside the USS Enterprise.

SuzanneBender
10-20-2011, 07:14 PM
"Trust me these are not the droids you are looking for" that is totally brilliant. It made me giggle outloud.

Kathi Lake
10-20-2011, 09:03 PM
You are mixing your sci-fi metaphors!Yes, dear. I know, but it seemed apt at the time. So, you don't approve of mixing metaphors? I'll bet you were the child that made sure their peas never touched their potatoes, right? :)

It made me giggle out loud.It was the first thing that came to mind. The poor thing hasn't posted back. I hope he didn't have a cow when he read my Facebook info, which clearly states that I am male. Sure, the picture and name may be a bit ambiguous, . . .

:)

Kathi

VeronicaMoonlit
10-21-2011, 11:36 AM
I'll bet you were the child that made sure their peas never touched their potatoes, right? :)

You're darn right, I don't want watery pea juice in my potatoes.

Sure, the picture and name may be a bit ambiguous, . . .

What are we going to do with you, Kathi. :-)

Veronica

lexygirl
10-21-2011, 10:14 PM
Mixing Sci-fi show created one of the best of all !!!!!! SPACE BALLS And it kind of fits with the thread!!!

Tina B.
10-22-2011, 08:29 AM
If Kathi can mix that picture and name, with a male profile, what's a couple of mixed metaphors?
Tina B.

StarrOfDelite
10-22-2011, 11:26 AM
The penalty for mixing metaphors is revocation of one's "Big Bang Theory" watching privileges for the period of either one new show or five reruns.

AlannahNorth
10-22-2011, 12:49 PM
Kathi - that was a good one for #3,000.

celeste26
10-22-2011, 01:02 PM
Facebook what is Facebook? OK,OK I really do know what Facebook is but I have yet to figure out how to work it. Does that disqualify me from nerdhood?