PDA

View Full Version : Halloween a few years back

laurajade
10-20-2011, 03:57 PM
For some reason, a Halloween a few years back just popped into my head.

If I recall correctly, I had just told my wife about my dressing the previous month, and things did not go well at all. But, in spite of that, she seems willing to let me go out dressed on Halloween. Only she didn't want to see it, so she would be at her mother's for the night.

Got dressed in a BBD (big black dress, which is basically a size 22 LBD), black hose, and 4" spike black patent pumps. Oddly enough, I felt OK walking around in those heels. Sometimes, it's OK; sometimes, I need something shorter.

Anyway, first stop was karaoke. The DJ knew me, so I just played it off like a gag. Called myself "Ugly Sally" and sang "Man, I Feel Like A Woman" (badly, I might add). All part of playing it off as a joke, you know.

Next, my sister-in-law, who also knows, called me and said she was right down the street at another bar. So I went over there. When she saw me, it didn't register who I was. She said she thought I was just another pretty girl until she really looked and saw it was me. We had a nice time sitting and talking.

After a stop as another place, which kind of gave me a bad vibe, I decided to go home. Stopped at a Wawa on the way to get a soda and a couple 18-or-so girls asked me if my shoes were comfortable, teasing me. I told them at the time they weren't half bad.

(Finally, the main event of my story...)

After that, I decided to check out things at a local bar I had been to a couple times. Went in, wandered around a bit, nothing really exciting going on. But then, one guy, obviously trying to re-emphasize his manliness in front of his buddies, asked me what I thought I was trying to do. I simply said that it is Halloween after all, trying to get my point across. He replies by saying that I look like a jackass. Oh, the things I could have said, like "Well I have looked up jackass in the dictionary and they had your picture next to it." But I certainly did not want to cause a problem. I just politely walked away, got the hell out of there, and went home.

That is when I learned not to tempt fate by going places where problems may occur. Now, I stay in places where I feel relatively safe, preferably with other CD friends. Strength in numbers, they always say.

Lesson learned

Cynthia Anne
10-20-2011, 05:48 PM
Sounds as though you had a little fun! I guess the real jacka$$es don't even change on halloween! I hope you have more fun this time around! Hugs!

Lori B
10-20-2011, 05:57 PM
I woulda` told him "let`s take it outside buddy!" lol :heehee:

Jessica86
10-21-2011, 01:03 AM
Yeah, I've ran across lots of scenarios on here where something like that has happened. I would seriously tell him to come outside so his friends could watch him get his stuff handed to him by a girl.....lol.

Chickhe
10-25-2011, 12:56 AM
Best policy is to be friends with the bouncer... pretty quick way out the door on your ear for threatening a customer. usually.