PDA

View Full Version : For fans of leotards... What got you started??

LeotardMan
10-20-2011, 05:38 PM
For fans of leotards... What got you started??

I was just wondering since we have a good amount of leotard fans on the forum. What got you started dressing in leotards? Did you see something on tv, or see a family member, or take a class and decided to dress in leotards?

When I was about 11 or 12 I used to exercise with my mom and she always had on a leotard and the women on the videos that we did had leotards on and I wanted to emulate them. I had a few chances but never took advantage of it. We were taking a karate class I was in a kids / youth class and she was in a mom's class. One day we finished early and she was on the mat sparring and losing and I saw she had a white leotard on under and that was it, I had to try one on. One day I saw one of her leotards and tried it on and it was heaven!! I would go into my room take out my mat and pretend to be her or Jane Fonda. Anyway, she stopped with the video workouts and started going to the gym and took, up wrestling. Whats cool is she still wrestles in leotards!!

Geoff

jillleanne
10-21-2011, 07:33 AM
It was either the empty spot in one of my drawers I noticed one day,
or
it was a 5'8" long blonde waivy haired well endowed woman wearing a very tight short black skirt and 4" black patent pumps with leopard print tights hugging her toned curvacious hips and legs walking towards me with two martini's in her hands displaying a very seductive smile near closing time at a nightclub in Las Vegas just down from..... Oh, right, I almost forgot, what goes on in Vegas stays in Vegas, sorry.

Wendy W
10-21-2011, 09:30 AM
Watching my older sister during her ballet lessons many years ago in the 70's. Then came the aerobics craze of the 80's and that became my launching pad. Leotards will probably be one of the last pieces of clothing I will ever throw out IF I had to purge.

Wendy

susancheerleader
10-21-2011, 11:18 AM
When I was about 12, my sisters took up gymnastics. Of course, that means leotards! I couldn't resist it any longer and tried one of my sisters leotards. That was it, I loved it. I kept it and wore it to bed. But inevedibly I got caught by my mom. I kept taking it, and kept getting caught by either my mom or sisters. Eventually I stopped. I never wore ANYTHING feminine again until a few years ago when out of the blue I bought a leotard on eBay. I live alone, and no one is here to stop me so I often wear one of the couple dozen leotards I now have. And a few cheerleading uniforms, plent of pants, skirts, shorts, and dresses..............

monalisa
10-21-2011, 07:17 PM
I think it was seeing girls dressed in them and how it just clung to their every curve. Once you buy a leotard and put it on you know that you need to get more colors and you are hooked. They just feel so nice. Plus you can add tights, a skirt,or a tutu to make you feel even sexier.
They are truly wonderful.

RiverdanceGirl
10-21-2011, 07:26 PM
I always loved ballerinas (still do and want to be one) but they mostly wear leotards for practice. The 80's aerobics thing though was all about leotards and tights. Very tight leotards on their firm bodies. Those two things got me into it.

pinto
10-21-2011, 09:51 PM
Watching well built women in leotards made me also want to wear them. I like them very much and i also wear them once in a while but just imagine a guy like me with a little beer belly dancing in a leotard - probably not very sexy. That's why i am happy to hide the leotard under jeans and t-shirts although i also would like to present myself in it.

Rachel Morley
10-21-2011, 10:00 PM
I have always had way more women friends than guy friends. In the late 1980s and early 1990s many of my GG friends went to aerobics classes and of course they wanted me to attend with them. I did so and I saw so many cute women wearing leotards, and cycle shorts or tights underneath. So, over the course of about 6 months I started to progressively dress more like the girls when we all went to class. I first wore a leotard and guys athletic shorter shorts on top, then an all-in one weight-lifters unitard and then finally a women's leotard and cycle shorts underneath just like the other women (I chickened-out with the tights). Btw ... I was the only guy in the class! :)

NancyTO
10-21-2011, 10:02 PM
The 20-Minute Workout gals and all the cover models on SHAPE magazine made me fall in love with leotards. I also love skating dresses. Don't even ask me how many leotards, skating dresses, tutus and dance costumes I own.

BrookCD
10-22-2011, 05:43 PM
My older sister would dress me up in a shiny green leotard that we had in the costume bin. I loved it and would swipe my sisters dance leotards when I could. Though I don't have any leotards right now I do have a skating dress that an ex-girlfriend of mine gave me.

Randee
10-24-2011, 09:05 AM
Even though my sister had taken ballet and tap classes since I was 7, my curiosity was not peaked until a girl in my 4th grade class did a dance for show-and-tell (you all remember that) in a black leotard. It was then I wondered what it was like to wear them. So when every one was away and I was home alone at age 10, I tried my sister's leotards and tights on with some silky panties underneath and wore them around the house to see how they felt to wear. I was hooked! From then, my routine one afternoon a week as a latchkey kid was to ride home from school in my carpool tingling with anticipation of retrieving my sister's dance bag and slipping into her tights and leotard and zipping up the back zipper. I tried to work on my homework dressed like that but must admit too much time was spent mincing about the house, enjoying the all over skintight feel and looking at myself in the mirror dressed in girls leotards and tights.

Adelina
10-24-2011, 09:29 AM
I have always had way more women friends than guy friends. In the late 1980s and early 1990s many of my GG friends went to aerobics classes and of course they wanted me to attend with them. I did so and I saw so many cute women wearing leotards, and cycle shorts or tights underneath. So, over the course of about 6 months I started to progressively dress more like the girls when we all went to class. I first wore a leotard and guys athletic shorter shorts on top, then an all-in one weight-lifters unitard and then finally a women's leotard and cycle shorts underneath just like the other women (I chickened-out with the tights). Btw ... I was the only guy in the class! :)

I think aerobics or dance class were for me too. I saw the workout wear, shorts, and tights and was hooked immediately. Some of my favourite clothes. Did any of the girls pay attention to your changes Rachel? Any comments?

Nicola
10-24-2011, 12:17 PM
In the middle of the 80's aerobics craze I loved to see women wearing leotards and I finally plucked up the courage to buy myself a leotard and a pair of footless tights - I thought they were great.

I think women look incredibly sexy when they wear them, but they hardly seem to wear them much nowadays.
I still wear leotards (over my tights to hold them up), but they are out of sight under my skirt or jeans.
Nicola

SmileS12
10-24-2011, 01:45 PM
It was a requirement in my days of band for the Madrigal Dinner. I very much enjoyed Madrigal Dinner, and since I was first chair of the instrument that I played, it was a requirement to be at all shows in leotards. I never could wait, and seldom wondered, though some of the others complained about it, if they really enjoyed it also. We had to wear leotards, and these Medieaval one piece dress of some sort, I'm sure you've seen them on TV, in some of the movies, like Robinhood in Tights, etc. It could've lasted forever, I wouldn't have minded.

Toodles,

Eve

Elle1946
10-24-2011, 02:24 PM
Just like the looks and feel. But, it has been a long time since I have had one on. I like the shiny nylon spandex, but they are hard to find.

Katie145
10-24-2011, 06:50 PM
Leotards are by far my favorite item of clothing, just ahead of cheerleader uniforms. Unfortunately, neither have much of a practical use when dressing out (except for bodysuits, of course). I can't really pinpoint the moment that I got into them; I really enjoyed the femininity of them - the "intimacy" of them (if you catch my drift...). In my subconscious mind, they seemed like a pair of panties that you couldn't take off easily, which was (and still is) really sexy to me. I own 7 straight-up leotards, 3 one-piece cheerleader uniforms with built in leotards, about a half dozen bodysuits, and about 20 or so one-piece swimsuits, which are so closely related to leotards, I fell in love with them. I also own 3 "traditional" cheerleader uniforms which I wear matching leotards under.

Tasha_Yar
10-24-2011, 08:18 PM
Well then, you simply must visit this site. I bought my first leotard here, and many bodysuits thereafter.

http://www.bodysuit.com/

CW

Sarah V
10-30-2011, 11:13 AM
For me, my first attraction and love of leotards came with me watching Kathy Rigby perform in one of the traveling Peter Pan shows that played in my hometown in the early 70's. My sister then took dance class for awhile, and of course as it has already been mentioned, the aerobic's craze of the 80's then came along. After college when I went to work and got out on my own in the early 90's, I discovered ballet and I have been into ballet ever since as an adult taking recreational ballet class.

Like RiverDanceGirl I particularly love ballerina's and I also still love to watch competitive ladies gymnastics. As someone already mentioned also, my leotards would certianly be one of the last things I would get rid of out of my female wardrobe.

Looking back on my life now, to be quite honest, I now believe I probably really started enjoyeing my CD/TVing with my sisters leo's and tights, they turned out to lead me to try even more female clothing options, and I guess you could say they were the catalyst behind what got Sarah to where she is today with her much fuller private femme life.

PantyhoseTV
10-30-2011, 01:48 PM
I am a leotard lover! Nothing sexier than some aerobics and yoga in a sexy leotard, tights, and some stilettos! :battingeyelashes:

xoxo,
Breanna

heel_addict
10-30-2011, 05:53 PM
It must have been those ice-skating contests I really loved to watch since I was a kid. Every girl wore one of these sexy ice skating dresses, which was a skirted gymnastics leotard of some sort. What got me excited and craving to get one myself was the fact that the sexy shiny pantyhose they always wore underneath it, was in fact "locked on" and secured by the leotard in a way that they couldn't remove the pantyhose without going through the trouble of taking the leotard off first. :) It might me a bit of a problem if you want to use the toilet, but the pros definitely outweigh the cons! I am a leotard addict!

karanne
11-07-2011, 07:32 AM
For me it was the gymnastics programs and the ice skating. <sigh> I always wanted to be one of those tiny little girls ... My sisters and aerobics outfits ...

For now, I tend to wear them under my business suits, with a cami top to show just a hint of cleavage under my suit jacket. It's such a snuggly feeling over my hose or tights, I can look down and think 'YES! I'm a girl!' and then I have to get back to work ... <sigh>

Darla
11-07-2011, 11:35 AM
Love this thread!

For me it was a pair of red girls tights in my moms dressing drawer. I remember putting them on and wondering how amazing my legs looked - they were flawlessly red and so pretty! After that I regularly raided my sisters ballet attire and when I got older, my mothers lingerie drawer that had the most wonderful pink spandex leotard. It helped that my sister took ballet classes and I was able to squeeze into her things. But after when I could no longer fit, then I had a chance to pick out my own stuff at dance stores. I remember my first leotard - a Body Wrappers boatneck tank with really sexy high cut legs.

Like all of you - my first and favorite clothes - Leo's and tights!

claudia1
11-07-2011, 02:58 PM
i wear leotards most of the times with a pair of ultra shine dark tan pantyhose under them i love the ultra shine leotards they look sexy looking with knee high boots and the feeling wearing them its just so out of control.

SmileS12
11-07-2011, 03:21 PM
So True Claudia...So True..

Toodles,
Trudy Evonne

claudia1
11-11-2011, 09:49 AM
i also love having sex while wearing ultra shine pantyhose with leotards the feeling is so wonderful.

joaniek
11-11-2011, 02:12 PM
I always liked the idea of ballet. As a small kid, I thought the leotards and tights were great. As I got older and into dressing, I took ballet lessons off and on for a few years. Always as a guy, but I did find a few retailers with the right sizes and looks - so I've been discreetly wearing leos/tights for exercise and sports for years. Too bad the look didn't catch on for the mainstream guys. I never did try to make it with the traditional leo over tights look in the open.