PDA

View Full Version : Be Careful

Kittyagain
10-21-2011, 05:20 AM
Be careful leaving drag shows. Two separate deaths of males dressed in female clothes are being investigated by Savannah police. So far the only common thread were they traveled through a high crime area late at night. Both shooting were while they were in their car.

I think the key here is to plan your route home carefully.

Kitty

DAVIDA
10-21-2011, 05:28 AM
Kitty, that is very scary!
The last time that I went out anywhere dressed, it was in Savannah.
I spent my time around Bay St. and the river. I went to lunch at the Pirate's House with Charleen, who is a member here and I went to Savannah to meet her.
Where was the shooting? I will have to stay away from that area, but you really cannot know if there are some crazies around no matter where you go.:brolleyes:

LeaP
10-21-2011, 05:33 AM
That is scary. My wife and I were thinking of looking at Savannah at some point as a possible retirement location.

Lea

DAVIDA
10-21-2011, 05:43 AM
Lea, I can tell you that Savannah would be a great place to retire.:)
There will be stories like this just about anywhere you go.
I, personally, wouldn't be afraid to go out dressed in Savannah again.:thumbsup:
Don't forget that Tybee Island is just 20 miles away and is a very nice beach town.

Karren H
10-21-2011, 05:55 AM
More like don't go through high crime areas... Period! Last night we were walking back from the Penguins game to the subway and that thought went through my mind. but then again Pittsburgh is fairly safe. Still you need to use some common sense.

Kittyagain
10-21-2011, 06:24 AM
Please don't discount Savannah as a safe place to go. The point of the post is basically go out of your way if necessary to find a safe drive home. If you are in a new town and don't know the area, ask the local police if necessary.

I know it is scary but sometimes we need a splash of scary to think about the places we go. I have read several post that the OP was taking risk in unknown areas.

Kitty