PDA

View Full Version : Journalling

LeahCD2002
10-21-2011, 08:24 PM
Hello,

Well, like many of you all, I have been struggling sometime now with how to get these deep-rooted femme feelings out (without disclosing Leah's existence or seeing a counsellor / therapist...).

I purchased a journal recently and have started writing out my experience since Day 1... since I started dressing in my teens. It has become so therapeutic for me and girl, do I ever have a lot to say!

I guess I am looking to find a way to 'vent' and loosen the feelings associated with this roller-coaster ride (ranging from elation to immense guilt) as I move my way toward sharing my secret with another person.

A simple, yet very satisfying move at this stage of the game for me.

Just wanted to share...

Take care all,

Leah :doll:

MackenzieMarigold
10-21-2011, 09:51 PM
That's always such a great idea. There are so many things you can learn about yourself by reading through all of your ramblings at some point in the future. And it's always fun to see how you've changed over time!

Danni Renee
10-21-2011, 09:55 PM
I finally started keeping a journal in August and it has been very helpful. For the first time I can be true to myself and not have to hide everything.

Danni

eluuzion
10-22-2011, 05:07 AM
Although I certainly agree with the therapeutic rewards that can be reaped from keeping a journal, the potential risk involved with accidental discovery by somebody else outweighs the benefit for me.

Although I am not a fan of third person references to self... this is one time I would make an exception to conceal the actual identity of the author...:)

:love:

*Vanessa*
10-22-2011, 05:52 AM
Yes , even writing here can be a miserable experience. I've tried to participate a number of times with bad results. I have a need to feel part of a community and would like feed back now and then. Sure journals are personal property, but there are journals here. I wish there was a way to completely delete things I wrote, but there isn't, so a person ends up not writing anything. Our pain and feelings are real, not just someone else fodder.

Vent, ya me too.

jillleanne
10-22-2011, 06:14 AM
The journal sounds like it helps you move along the path you are on; that's great girl. We do what works for us as individuals, right? I started a yahoo group about 6 years ago I suppose, to do the same thing basically, albeit it had a primary purpose which was to act as a collector of like girls together in one place.

Tina B.
10-22-2011, 08:18 AM
I think that's a great idea, I just got the latest version of Microsoft Office, and found a template for a manuscript, so I've started writing a book about my life as a cross dresser, no one but me will ever see it, but I think it will be a great way to look back on it all and see just what I can learn about it, and me. It's not something I've ever wanted to share with anyone, not even the wife really, just a way to look at it my self, and since I'm the only one that uses my computer, I am not worried about it being discovered, besides, that's what passwords are for.
Tina B.

PretzelGirl
10-23-2011, 10:46 AM
For those that are concerned about their journal being discovered, you can always move on-line. Then the risk is less than being here (provided your on-line journal is password protected). If you use a web based email account, you will probably get some type of Notepad application with it and can use it for your journal so you don't have to sign up with a separate service.

Badtranny
10-23-2011, 11:01 AM
My blog (badtranny.com) was the best thing for me. I highly recommend it.

It's where I learned to be completely honest with myself and it's the only place I can post without self censorship. I write like no one else will ever read it, so it's an embarrassingly honest account of my journey so far.

Debglam
10-23-2011, 06:47 PM
I'll join the crowd and agree that this is a great idea! I do the same thing. In fact, I have a trans journal and a everything else journal! It is a great way to get things off of your chest and organize your thoughts.

Deb

AnitaH
10-23-2011, 07:43 PM
That's a great idea, one I'm suprised I never thought of. I may have to do a journal myself, could be helpful.

AnitaH

KarenS
10-23-2011, 07:52 PM
Yes , even writing here can be a miserable experience. I've tried to participate a number of times with bad results. I have a need to feel part of a community and would like feed back now and then. Sure journals are personal property, but there are journals here. I wish there was a way to completely delete things I wrote, but there isn't, so a person ends up not writing anything. Vent, ya me too.

I haven't refrained from writing if I felt I had something to say. But, I have thought a couple of times about having my wife come here to learn. Many of you have suggested that several times in the forum. Then I think about how there may have been a few times when I may have said a little too much in the security of the friendship of my sisters here. Then I decide not to suggest that she even explore here.

I like to think that I will tell my wife anything and always the truth. But, there are some things I feel I need to pick the time - not have her discover it written somewhere.

LeaP
10-25-2011, 11:54 AM
I haven't refrained from writing if I felt I had something to say. But, I have thought a couple of times about having my wife come here to learn. Many of you have suggested that several times in the forum. Then I think about how there may have been a few times when I may have said a little too much in the security of the friendship of my sisters here. Then I decide not to suggest that she even explore here.

I like to think that I will tell my wife anything and always the truth. But, there are some things I feel I need to pick the time - not have her discover it written somewhere.

I would like to invite my wife here, but have seen some recent threads (again) that make me wonder. I would have no issue with her reading anything I wrote or any of the threads in which I've contributed, however.

On journals, I've kept several in the past. After reading them long afterwards, I've always destroyed them. Badtranny's "embarrassingly honest" rings quite true!

Lea