PDA

View Full Version : dresses whats best

lost alice
10-22-2011, 04:04 AM
generally i love a good victorian dress with some bettie page type heels but what do you all enjoy

Kate Simmons
10-22-2011, 04:12 AM
I prefer long dresses and skirts but usually anyhting I can dance pretty freely in is good for me.:)

Clueless
10-22-2011, 05:04 AM
generally i love a good victorian dress with some bettie page type heels but what do you all enjoy

http://img40.imageshack.us/img40/6913/clueless3w.jpg

THIS THREAD NEEDS PICS! :)

Imeni
10-22-2011, 05:20 AM
Oh my, what a question. Types, materials, needs, accessories, colors, events... all play a crucial role in deciding that.

I only have like, six dresses and a handful of tops to my name. All are very long, one actually has a train to it. Just recently, I picked up two different styles of bridesmaid dresses, and a friend actually gave me her spare wedding dress for free. On top of that, I have a crazy pink cosplay dress i got off ebay that reaches my knees, and a black cotton one that i wear with a tanktop when im in bed.
But then, going to bed is a big thing. Do I wear anything at all? If so, what? My black dress? A teal chemise with a pair of panties? My silver silk gown that just barely doesnt fit? Does my girlfriend want to give me something of hers to wear for the night? :o

So many endless possibilities if you shop for them.

thechic
10-22-2011, 06:18 AM
I just love the 1940s era clothing,love ball gowns and wedding gowns. but i might get noticed if i started wearing these up town,so i tend just to wear normal everyday clothing,with a mix of the latest fashions.

Cynthia Anne
10-22-2011, 04:10 PM
I'm with Clueless on this one! I love the miniskirt! But then I love anything that fits and feels right! Hugs!

Cally
10-22-2011, 04:18 PM
Just love minis (specially this spangly one I have - see profile pic), but sometimes a girl must show some decorum when out, so generally latest fashion works better specially at restaurants.

Vanessa Winters
10-22-2011, 04:20 PM
I only have dresses where the hem is above the knee, but I am willing to give long dresses a try.

Karren H
10-22-2011, 04:25 PM
I love just about every kind of dress!!! Especially if its on sale or clearance...

pinto
10-22-2011, 04:32 PM
Victorian dresses, corsetts, 50's polka dott dresses, petticoats - all this is a part of my heaven.

Stephanie47
10-22-2011, 04:39 PM
I love dresses that hit just above the knee to mid calf. Since it is difficult to find a dress with a defined waist for my six foot tall frame, I choose sheaths or empire waist dresses. I will never wear feminine pants! The greatest part of wearing a beautiful dress is choosing a pretty slip to wear underneath it. If I were younger, like err... four decades, I'd go for minis. But, you have to act your age. As to colors, I generally go with prints. However, there is nothing sexier than the LBD and black heels, no matter what the style.

eluuzion
10-23-2011, 12:42 AM
When I was in military school during high school, each morning started with this obnoxious bugle blaring over the PA system to wake everybody up. It was followed by a verbal announcement informing all of the cadets of the "uniform of the day". (full dress or fatigues, big choice, eh?)

Now I get to wake up to rock-n-roll and choose my own "uniform of the day". Although I have many choices, I seem to always end up with the same selection...

"The uniform of the Day is... black LBD w/ 5" black pumps" :D

:love:

SmileS12
10-23-2011, 12:50 AM
Very Feminine is best for me! I've not really seen anything ugly yet.

Eve

Shelly67
10-23-2011, 01:07 AM
Bodycon . Bold colours or print .........

KellyJameson
10-23-2011, 01:12 AM
Mini Skirts with turtleneck sweaters is hands down my favorite outfit and I own over two hundred skirts in every color, texture and pattern (Its a sickness). Still trying to find a dress that I like but I'm highly critical of my appearance and as yet no luck, but I do own to power suits by Ann Taylor with skirts to the knee that I'm pleased with. Almost everything bought in perfect condition for pennys on the dollar at second hand shops. Bought a sewing machine and that has opened up endless possibilities.

Kathryn_Cox
10-23-2011, 02:09 AM
Any dress for me as long as it fits,looks femm and girly :o:battingeyelashes:

TGMarla
10-27-2011, 09:19 AM
I'm a sucker for the late 70s and early 80s style dresses. I have around 50 of them, give or take. I especially love secretary style shirt dresses, and sweater dresses.

Christina Horton
10-27-2011, 10:16 AM
Christina only wears dresses or skirts with a matching top. I used to collect evening gowns. Had over 40 of them. I have since got rid of the ones that did not fit or I did not like anymore.
I like long dresses , I love short , and mini skirts or dresses. YA YA YA I k ow what your all going to say. Dress my age. Well I don't care if people think it looks like I dress too young I like it. After all I'm a 14 year old girl at heart. And when I ( grow ) up I'll change my way of dressing unless I find a way to live 24/7 dresses with a grow up job.

docrobbysherry
10-27-2011, 10:41 AM
1880's to jeggings and boots! I LOVE 'EM ALL! As long as I think it makes Sherry look HOT!

Hmm, I wonder if ANY fem clothing doesn't?

PS: YES! I know the Victorian dress in my avatar is TOO SHORT! The zipper broke on my longer one!

suzy1
10-27-2011, 10:49 AM
Party dresses for a party girl.
But the way the film stars of the 1950s dressed were beautiful and sexy.

SUZY

Debutante
10-27-2011, 04:38 PM
Oh! me too Alice....... Victorian style is woonnnndeeerrrfulll!

Jennifer529
10-29-2011, 08:57 PM
I like that look as well but I also love a LBD,black tights and a pair of Mary Jane's simple and cute.