PDA

View Full Version : Woo hoo! Dress-Fest is back!

TGMarla
10-22-2011, 09:42 AM
As many of you know, my wife is not real thrilled with my crossdressing. She could well do without it. I love her dearly, so I do my best to keep it away from her. It's not the most ideal situation for me, but her feelings are important, too. So we live with an acceptable accord that works well for both of us.

She just left for a week's vacation with her sisters. She certainly deserves it, too. She works hard, probably too hard, and the opportunity to get away for a week is something she has richly coming to her. But not lost on me is the opportunity to crossdress to my absolute heart's content! And while I do have several other important commitments to honor, I will be indulging in what I refer to as "Dress-Fest" this coming week. This means being able to dress every day, and also having the opportunity to go out and have a good time with it as well.

For instance, I will be attending the weekly meeting of the New Mexico Transgender Society this coming Friday. The last time I was able to do this was several years ago, and I had a wonderful time with them. So I am very much looking forward to that, along with everything else this week! Now......what to wear? :D

Now if you ladies will excuse me, I'm going to go have a nice shave and a shower, and find a nice, pretty dress to wear!

Woo Hoo!

Piora
10-22-2011, 09:57 AM
Well, it sounds like you deserve to have a little shot of euphoria! :) (I just love that word!) Your wife's tolerance is commendable...I'm sure it isn't easy for her, but obviously she loves you, and wants you to be happy. You, no doubt also work hard - and also deserve to be able to indulge in something that you love. Are you also on vacation at the same time?

Enjoy 'Dress-fest" !

richelle1
10-22-2011, 10:03 AM
Yes have lots of fun. I'm sure you need vacation also. Xoxo. Richelle

Cynthia Anne
10-22-2011, 10:24 AM
I love hearing about someone putting their wife first and themself secondary! I hope you both have a wonderful vacation! Hugs!

Stephanie47
10-22-2011, 10:36 AM
Hi Marla, have a great time. It's wonderful being able to dress 24/7. I drove my wife to the airport on Wednesday morning and will be picking her up next Wednesday evening. The first thing I did after arriving back home was to hang s selection of dresses and slips on the clothes rack in the walk-in closet. That's after I changed into a pretty white with black floral accents dress and white slip and heels. I've been in a dress since, except for sleeping in a pretty nightgown.

Last night I went out for a stroll in a mid calf length dress. When I returned home I changed into a knee length dress and went back out. Unfortunately, I have not built up the courage to interact with other humans, which is regrettable. One of the ladies on the site invited me to join her and her group of friends last night. I would have loved to have been able to join them, but, alas, although I am entitled to senior discounts I am taking baby steps.

I know my wife knows I'm being Stephanie for a week. Have a great time!

docrobbysherry
10-22-2011, 10:52 AM
How totally cool, Marla! U have all week to experiment with different looks and outfits for Friday and yourself! Maybe pick some new things? And/or some complimentary accessories? I hope u have a BALL!

Coincidentally, this is Halloween week! If it was me, Sherry would DEMAND we wear something HOT and costumy to your Friday meeting! Lol!

One more thing to remember, we'll expect PICTURES!

TGMarla
10-22-2011, 11:10 AM
Well, I just got this one. No pics of me in it yet. And although it fits me very well, it's too tight around the neck. Sigh.....guy neck. So I have to leave the top button undone. But it's in the back, under my hair, and no one can see it anyway. So this is where I'm starting:

But a phone call has interrupted Dress-Fest for a round of golf in the mean time. So girl-time goes full-swing around 5:00 tonight instead. But that's okay with me. I love golf, and I have the whole evening to dress to my heart's delight! There will be piccies, too! :battingeyelashes:

Oh.....and so far, the dress I'm wearing in my avatar is leading the polls as to what to wear this next Friday to the meeting. I love that dress, and I've always wanted to wear it out somewhere.

Kittyagain
10-22-2011, 02:33 PM
I love hearing about someone putting their wife first and themself secondary! I hope you both have a wonderful vacation! Hugs!

Well said. That was my thought too.

Kitty

Kittyagain
10-22-2011, 02:36 PM
Well, I just got this one. No pics of me in it yet. And although it fits me very well, it's too tight around the neck. Sigh.....guy neck. So I have to leave the top button undone. But it's in the back, under my hair, and no one can see it anyway. So this is where I'm starting:

But a phone call has interrupted Dress-Fest for a round of golf in the mean time. So girl-time goes full-swing around 5:00 tonight instead. But that's okay with me. I love golf, and I have the whole evening to dress to my heart's delight! There will be piccies, too! :battingeyelashes:

Oh.....and so far, the dress I'm wearing in my avatar is leading the polls as to what to wear this next Friday to the meeting. I love that dress, and I've always wanted to wear it out somewhere.

The dresses in your avatar really suits you and your hair.

Kitty

JustWendy
10-22-2011, 02:45 PM
Marla, you have so many beautiful dresses. Finding an outfit won't be difficult, but having to finally pick one from so many great choices, might be. Dress-fest - I love it. Enjoy!

Wendy

PretzelGirl
10-23-2011, 10:58 AM
Now......what to wear? :D

Shouldn't the answer be all of it? :daydreaming:

It is always nice to see relationships where each of the couple understand and care for each other's feelings whether they fully accept it or not. They just love each other so much, they find a middle ground. This is how it should be. You and your wife are a great example Marla. And your reward is this week and weeks like it.

Woo Hoo!

Yes! Have a great week!

TGMarla
10-23-2011, 02:09 PM
I am doing just that so far! Funny thing, you'd think that the moment the car left for the airport, I'd be breaking out the hosiery and breast forms. But instead, I went golfing with a friend (gorgeous day out!), and stopped by to see another friend before I went home. So I didn't dress up until nearly 9 last night. But I'm making up for it today! I'm posting the first of what may be many pics from this week.

Jonianne
10-23-2011, 02:16 PM
Very good Marla. I'm glad you have this special time and that you have been able to work this out with your wife. It's very honorable for both of you.

I really like your style of dresses.

TGMarla
10-23-2011, 03:10 PM
Snicker! Yeah, I'll have to try that!

AnitaH
10-23-2011, 08:09 PM
Great week for you, enjoy. Love your pictures. The dresses you have on seem to fit you very well and look great on you.

AnitaH

Patrice_CD
10-23-2011, 08:13 PM
Have a fun week Marla, I'm sure it's going to be a blast!

KarenS
10-23-2011, 08:26 PM
Marla, my wife seems to have similar feelings to yours. While I love to be around her, she sometimes visits family in Florida by herself for a long weekend or a week. As much as it bothers me to be apart from her, it gives me time to be Karen much more freely - which often makes me feel a bit guilty.

Enjoy your week. I know it will be so enjoyable.

Katrina Black
10-23-2011, 08:33 PM
lOOKING AT YOUR DRESSES FROM "FLICKER" I LOVE THE GREEN SEAFOAM DRESS AND THE PINK CROCHET DRESS

TGMarla
10-23-2011, 09:37 PM
I just might have to pull those out and wear them, Katrina! :D

linda allen
10-24-2011, 06:47 AM
My wife made a couple unexpected trips out of town to care for her family. I was Linda most of the time but since she doesn't know, I had to be really carefull about leaving any evidence behind. I cleaned the house before she came home but still found a couple wig hairs a few days later.

I did get dressed and out of the house several times by leaving before the morning light. I had a great time waliking around the city and the outdoor mall but I wish I had done some more. It was quite a rush.

Don't get me wrong, I love her and I missed her and I'm glad she's back but I miss being Linda also.

TGMarla
10-24-2011, 09:30 AM
Well, so starts the work week. Obviously, I can't go calling on clients wearing my pretties, but I also have to do my monthly taxes today. So I think I'll start out with a little office-wear, and do my taxes in style this month.

Hey, it's a start! I won't be home until late these next three days, because I'm involved in a local show, and I have rehearsals for the next three nights. And again, obviously, I can't go do that en femme, either. But that's okay. I'm having my morning coffe in my pretty blue nightie, and that's a heck of a way to start any day!

*Vanessa*
10-24-2011, 10:54 AM
wow TGMarla aren't we excited!?
I am very envious of 'your' holiday treat. My S/O is talking about her and her sister going in March, can't wait!!

PS: Love the new blue dress

Katrina Black
10-25-2011, 07:01 PM
i think your stalling marla better get in girl mode before its to late

Stephanie47
10-25-2011, 07:39 PM
When you began your post about your femme vacation I was giddy with excitement for you. I hope you can push yourself through all those inconvenient meetings. Uninterpreted 24/7 is the best we part time girls can expect. My 24/7 time began last Wednesday and tomorrow it will end. Fortunately, she is arriving close to 10 PM and the run to the airport is only 45 minutes. So at least day eight will end after dinner.

TGMarla
10-25-2011, 11:42 PM
Well, now it's Tuesday, late, and I've dressed for four days straight now. I have spent a little time in this (http://www.flickr.com/photos/tgmarla/5231726603/in/photostream) dress, this (http://www.flickr.com/photos/tgmarla/4509740532/in/photostream) dress, and this one (http://www.flickr.com/photos/tgmarla/3890579818/in/photostream), too. And right now I'm wearing this one (http://www.flickr.com/photos/tgmarla/6014447381/in/photostream). I also did a little office wear the other day, too.

I don't get out much. My wife and I have this understanding that I'll keep it away from her. Our schedules allow me time to dress at home, but not much time to really go anywhere and do much of anything. I'm not complaining. It's not my be all and end all to go prancing around town en femme anyway, but I do think it's fun once in a while, so I do take my opportunities here and there. But to call me an experienced "out and abouter" would be misleading.

Anyway, I just emailed a lady at the local support group, Transgender New Mexico, and I hope to attend their meeting this Friday. I've been thinking a lot about what to wear, and I'm having a hard time landing on an answer. I have a ton of dresses, but unless you were going to be an extra in a 1970s or 1980s movie, whatever I pick out is ....well......outdated. And that's a crying shame, too. The dresses that women wore in those days were absolutely beautiful! Could you imagine being able to wear dresses like these to work every day? Well, although I have around 50 dresses and outfits to choose from, for one reason or another, nothing is screaming to me that it's the right dress.

Now, you know I don't want to wear pants, even to an informal meeting like this. I want to wear a dress, of course. I always do when I'm en femme. But which one? I don't want to appear outlandishly overdone for the occasion. I have quite a few black dresses, more suitable for a semi-formal occasion. I don't want to do "formal". I have several really cute vintage numbers, but they have things like sheer sleeves, which I wouldn't wear out to a restaurant without looking like I'm wearing a sign that says "YO! CROSSDRESSER HERE!" Now, I know I'm not really fooling anyone, but I can keep my illusions if I'm not too overdressed. Heck, I'm about six feet tall in these heels. But I still want to exercise some taste. If anyone has any suggestions, I'm all ears. Most of what I have to choose from is posted on my Flickr page. Help me out here.

The one dress I'm dying to wear out somewhere is the beige pointell sweater dress I'm wearing in my avatar. It fits me great, it's unspeakably gorgeous, and it's comfortable. It's appropriate for late October when it's a bit chilly out, too. But is it too much? I want to say "Nah...do it!" I'm just worried that it'll make me look fat around the gut. I bought a waist cincher, and I think it makes it look better, but I don't see me as others do, so I'm not sure.

Sigh....decisions decisions. Good night!

CallieH
10-26-2011, 12:53 PM
Hope you're enjoying your dressfest this week!

TGMarla
10-26-2011, 05:14 PM
Thanks, Calvin....I am. Very much. I'm just twisted on what to wear out this Friday (see above post). Tell Hayley I said hi.

PretzelGirl
10-27-2011, 08:06 PM
The one dress I'm dying to wear out somewhere is the beige pointell sweater dress I'm wearing in my avatar. It fits me great, it's unspeakably gorgeous, and it's comfortable. It's appropriate for late October when it's a bit chilly out, too. But is it too much? I want to say "Nah...do it!"

Go with your instincts. First, I think anything goes for most support groups that I have been to or heard of. Second is that you don't do this that often. So I would say to take it to the limit while you can before things settle back down until next time.

cosmolovesph
10-27-2011, 08:51 PM
What about http://www.flickr.com/photos/tgmarla/4509740626/in/photostream or http://www.flickr.com/photos/tgmarla/4486558353/in/photostream or http://www.flickr.com/photos/tgmarla/3889787557/in/photostream

TGMarla
10-27-2011, 09:58 PM
:battingeyelashes: I wore the red one earlier this week. Kind of a warm up for tight knit dresses.....

It was .....a little tight. Not bad. And the other two are a couple of my very favorites....but more suitable for springtime, I think. Geez...you'd really have me wear white shoes in lat October??? (Kidding....kidding....)

I'm wearing this tonight.....felt like doing something fancy......but I feel like I look like a guy in a dress. Maybe I need an attitudinal adjustment. Hey..and my wine glass is empty! A win win situation! :D:wine:

TGMarla
10-27-2011, 10:01 PM
Thanks, Sue. You may be on to something there.

TGMarla
10-28-2011, 09:31 AM
Well, Friday is here, and the pink fog rolls on! For this week, this is the big day for me, the day I actually go out and do something en femme. I'm going to attend the meeting of Transgender New Mexico, and actually get out among people for a change. It's not like walking around the mall for me....I'm only walking past people when I do that. Now I'll be actually mingling with them for a change. Hopefully we'll go to a restaurant or something afterwards, and have a very memorable meeting.

Like I mentioned before, I rarely get the opportunity to go out anywhere. That's just the way it is. My schedule doesn't allow for it much. And there's a tailgate and a football game tomorrow that starts early, so I won't have the opportunity to dress tomorrow, which is my usual "do it up to the nines" day. There's a Halloween party tomorrow night, too. No, I won't go to it en femme. Like I said before elsewhere, this is no Halloween costume to me...it's just me. I'll do something ghoulish instead, which to me is more fitting for the occasion. I'm thinking of making my face up like Gus Fring from Breaking Bad....right after he got blown up. Perhaps many of you saw that episode. If you didn't...you are missing out. Best show on television!

In any case, I'm still on the fence about what to wear. Thanks Cosmo and Sue for the suggestions. But I'm very excited about today, and kinda giddy about finally getting to go out somewhere. I'll be sure to bring a camera!