PDA

View Full Version : Provoking question of a GG

pinto
10-22-2011, 03:44 PM
Few days ago on radio there was a debate about transgender people. Nice and all the old stereotypes but one very interesting statement. One female psychologist stated the theory that the increasing number of CD/TG is connected to one fact: the female gender is on its way to become the strong, successful gender in society (feminisation of society etc.). CD/TG are recognising the decline of the male gender and they want to change over to the succesful gender in order not be on the "loser side".
I never heared that before.

Katrina Black
10-22-2011, 03:49 PM
I think that the incressing # 's if so would simply be greater exposer because of the internet...

ElusiveGirl
10-22-2011, 03:50 PM
At least half of the psychologists I've met were loony. She could be one of them.

Whether women win or not, guys who prefer to be guys are going to stay that way.

Carol A
10-22-2011, 03:52 PM
No let's fact it ladies, more and more CD'ers are coming out and we just want to be who we are.

cassandra54
10-22-2011, 04:16 PM
ummmmmmmmmm let's see. it's true women are playing a bigger role in shaping our world. nothing wrong with that. but let's compare here. if you are a woman, born as a woman, there you are. you can do anything you want. look at hillary clinton, look at condeleeza rice. awesome achievement.

on the other hand, what if bill gates was a crossdresser and started a company under his enfemme identity. there you have it. we can be both men and women, although as a woman we may not make a perfect match in terms of how you were born, mental and emotional makeup.

but one of the things i love about being tg is that i can steal a woman's thunder by walking in her shoes.........literally.

Julogden
10-22-2011, 04:25 PM
I wouldn't argue that there is some feminization of society occurring, at least in some countries, but her conclusion is ludicrous.

Carol

pinto
10-22-2011, 04:31 PM
Increasing numbers because of globalisation and internet may be true. I for myself would never have the courage to discuss this subject with friends. I came out on the internet on this site and i am happy that i have found this community.

ReineD
10-22-2011, 04:31 PM
It's as good a theory as any other I guess, although I tend to think of women's progress in the last century as finally claiming our human rights. We simply don't want to be chattel anymore. We're still women though, we still marry men and have babies, so I don't see a decline in the male gender. :)

Also, is there in fact an increase of transgenders, or are we as a society finally beginning to recognize the existence of TGs, especially with increased research and also the advent of the internet? And if there is an increase, might it not be caused by physical factors such as the use of Diethylstilbestrol that was given to pregnant women during the 40s/50s (http://www.antijen.org/transadvocate/id33.html). Or our changing environment, such as the widespread estrogenic compounds released in our waters by the manufacturing process, as is evidenced by the plethora of fish studies (http://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2010/07/100729122332.htm) (also see here (http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/8597136) or just google it to see all the results) that show the feminization of male fish. Is there any correlation between this and human consumption of water?

Certainly there is room for many other theories.

Cynthia Anne
10-22-2011, 04:42 PM
Some balonna is good! But I do think hers is spoiled!

pinto
10-22-2011, 04:46 PM
The rising numbers of TG may also be connected to the awareness of this phenomenom. I see parallels to dark figures in crime. Awareness and brightening up the field makes numbers increase.

Stephanie47
10-22-2011, 04:50 PM
Sounds like a bunch of bull$@#&! Yes, there are more females going up the ladder of success than before. Why? Because of anti discrimination laws? How about too many jerk guys are spending too much time playing video games and text messaging and goofing off. Check the stats on how much time is spent reading a book.

I watched on YouTune this morning a Whitney show with cross dressers. There was one young teenage boy on the panel who represents the vast majority of cross dressers. We cross dress because we are driven to it. The psychologist said the kids did not have enough interaction with peer groups, engage in activities, yadda, yadda, yadda. I tried applying her psychology BS to myself and could not relate. I did everything. I played unorganized sports every day. I played with cap guns, cars and trucks. I read comic books. I got in fights. I did well in school. I got drafted and did all the manly things to keep alive in the Nam. Bunch of BS. Each person is an individual.

And, if there is a feminizing of society, and, the women are taking over, then the guys better get enrolled in a weight loss program. You'd look a lot cuter in that French Maid outfit, if you are not obese.

chloe23
10-22-2011, 04:50 PM
Internet, better Education, access to more information, Women are accepted today in the job market then they where years ago. Females are catching up to their Male counterparts today.

Sara Jessica
10-22-2011, 05:11 PM
One female psychologist stated the theory that the increasing number of CD/TG is connected to one fact: the female gender is on its way to become the strong, successful gender in society (feminisation of society etc.). CD/TG are recognising the decline of the male gender and they want to change over to the succesful gender in order not be on the "loser side".

Right on, that is EXACTLY what I was thinking when I became self-aware of my gender issues at the tender age of 4 or 5.

Jeez.

Kate Simmons
10-22-2011, 05:20 PM
Basically the main reason men end up being "losers" is because they are in the "doghouse" for one reason or another.:heehee:

Aprilrain
10-22-2011, 06:05 PM
what a bunch of BS! Personally I wanted nothing more than for this whole TS thing to go away so I could be "normal" and transition for me so far has done nothing to elevate my social status or income level!

Cheryl T
10-22-2011, 06:12 PM
I have to disagree with this assessment that we are leaving the losing side.
We were always here, we just were not visible to the general public as we had many more closet doors closed in past years. Now things are turning and allowing us to be who we are and express it as well in public. We are just more in the public eye, not switching sides because women are becoming more empowered.

Jonianne
10-22-2011, 06:35 PM
Well how does that explain the increasing number of FtM's as well?

She obviously does not know men very well. Guys just don't operate that way when they start being stressed. Maybe she was watching "Tootsie" too much, where Dustan Hoffman dresses as a woman because he can't get a job as a male. Most guys, when they feel threatened start to go to the extreme masculine end of the scale and start acting like jerks.

pinto
10-22-2011, 07:15 PM
Well how does that explain the increasing number of FtM's as well?

Well Jonianne, this aspect is true. This number also seems to increase. Do FTM's want to be on the loosers side? I don't think so. Maybe our society has come to a point where gender is not fixed anymore. Hopefully it will affect more and more people so that it will become normal.

VioletJourney
10-22-2011, 07:18 PM
That's like a reversed version of Freud's "penis envy" concept that pissed off lots of people.

DebbieL
10-22-2011, 07:50 PM
It's a very interesting perspective, and probably has some merit, however, there are probably a number of other significant factors. In the 1950s and 1960s, there were only 3 major networks. Most of our stereotypes of women were fed by these networks who showed hours of June Cleaver, Harriet Nelson, and Laura Petrie. In general, women, many of whom had been "Rosie the Riveter" only a decade earlier, were now expected to give their jobs to the men returning home from WW-II and Korea. The divorce laws were designed to keep women from getting remarried, since most of the payment was tax deductible Alimony rather than taxable child support. Often, women struggled with depression and psychiatric disorders as a result of attempting to live up to these unrealistic ideals, possibly the side-effects of diet pills containing methamphetamine, tranquilizers containing phenobarbital, and alcohol.

In the 1970s and 1980s, the birth control pill, better contraception, and better feminine hygiene products gave women much more control of their bodies. They were able to enjoy sex without fear of unwanted conception, the common STDs, syphilis and gonorrhea could be cured with common antibiotics. As a result, there was more willingness to be attractive, to dress sexually attractive, and women weren't expected to preserve their virginity into their 20s in order to be acceptable for marriage.

Since women didn't have to have children right away, many women went to college, established impressive professional credentials, and then had their children within the framework of their careers, including support for day-care and other substitutes for the extended families women had given up in the 1950s and 1960s as part of what Ivan Toffler referred to as "Future Shock".

There had also been new options available for men as well. In the 1950s and 1960s, men were being drafted into wars, and it was their patriotic duty to answer that call of duty. By the end of the 1960s however, the Vietnam war had become very unpopular, men were burning their draft-cards, and many were looking for ways to delay or avoid the draft. In the 1950s and 1960s, gay men were considered traitors and draft evaders, and could be arrested. Lenny Bruce would say "I love what they do to gays in this state, put them in prison with a lot of MEN, that's real punishment". By the mid 1970's, even gays in high school were experiencing far less persecution and were allowed to participate in theater, dance, choir, and other non-military activities. By the late 1970s, gay characters such as Billy Christal's character in Mary Hartman, Mary Hartman had created a far more compassionate view of gay men. Harvey Milk had encouraged gay men to come out to their families, friends, and communities, so that people would realize that it was their children, grandchildren, brothers, and cousins who were loved and admired, who were gay. Not some nameless faceless person committing rapes against innocent boys in bathroom stalls.

By the late 1970s and early 1980s, cable television had spread across the country bringing a dozen or more working channels to choose from. This resulted in a wider selection of entertainment and a wider range of choices. We had MTV with people like Madonna, Billy Idol, and Pat Benetar, bending gender roles, playing them up, and slowly tearing down many of the traditional gender roles. Business Casual went from one Friday a month in the early 1980s, to standard business attire for IT workers.

It wasn't until the late 1990s however that Rue Paul crossed out of New York and ventured into New Jersey. Soon he had gone across the country, and eventually new movies like Pricilla Queen of the Desert, and "To Wong Fu, thanks for everthing Julie Newmar", had transformed the image of crossdresser from Psycho's Norman Bates, Dress To Kill's serial killer, Freebie & the Bean's assasin, and Silence of the Lambs "Buffalo Bill" to the compassionate drag queen bringing love, joy, honor, and compassion to men and women everywhere. Or that was the hope at least. We also had "The Crying Game" in which a transgendered M2F becomes a love interest for whom we have already developed affection and compassion before discovering that she has a little "something extra".

But more important than ANY of these things was simply the AVAILABILITY of information. In the 1950s and 1960s, it was almost impossible to find ANY reliable information on gender identity issues. Christine Jorgensen had tried to have herself castrated in the United States but doctors feared that they would be prosecuted for criminal assault. She eventually went to Stockholm Sweden where doctors were willing to perform the requested operation which was mostly just castration. She was essentially mutilated and when they did the final SRS, she was unable to have any kind of orgasm. It wouldn't be until the mid 1980s that the medical profession would be able to refine the procedures to the point where they could produce something similar to a functional clitoris.

In the late 1970s, Penthouse published penthouse letters and variations, which were almost entirely prose stories, targeted toward women. Initially, transvestite and crossdressing fantasies were put into variations, along with stories about bondage, humiliation, and lesbian sex. It wasn't until the late 1990s that these stories became more popular in Penthouse Letters and was associated with more conventional fantasies such as oral sex, swinging, and 3-ways.

There were publications related to crossdressing, but they were sold exclusively in adult bookstores, and you had to be 18 years old to even get into the store, then you had to locate the materials, which were often located next to fetish and bondage oriented publications. I remember my first trips to such stores and being lured into buying the magazines with these women in corsets, stockings, and heels, only to find out that they were into female domination. Many of these magazines also had stories of women who wanted to feminize men as a way to dominate them.

This forced feminization, also known as "petticoat discipline" was both appealing and terrifying at the same time. It was clear that these women wanted to abuse or punish the men they feminized. In many ways, it was more like describing a rape. There were a few magazines with men wearing women's clothing, but in the 1970s, there weren't any publications featuring she-males. The men in the pictures were obviously male, and often the men were not attractive at all.

By the early 1980s, there were more adult videos, and magazines of she-males. Sulka and Shannon became famous for being the first to have their transitions recorded on video, including adult movie scenes both before and after the procedures. I don't know their real names, but they did make quite an impression on me. By then I was married, but I began to see that it might be possible to become a beautiful woman if I wanted to.

In the mid 1980s, a number of Unix administrators had created a network of unix to unix networks that featured e-mail and newsgroups. These "usenet" newsgroups allowed Unix users to discuss a variety of things in seemingly anonymous way. Often, the IDs and hosts were hard to identify, so it felt like you could say anything. There were two newsgroups, net.women and net.motss which stood for Members Of the Same Sex where many transgendered men and women were able to discuss their frustration with gender roles.

Even in the 1990s, transgendered men had no protection from sexual harassment. A man couldn't even complement a woman, but a man could me harassed and even fired for things as simple as wearing a pink shirt to work, wearing his hair too long, wearing an earring on the wrong side, wearing two earrings, or wearing pants that were too tight. He could be harassed and fired for being PERCEIVED as being gay, even if he was just transgendered.

And even as late as 2005, some states would give men who killed transgendered or homosexual men minimal charges such as 3rd degree manslaughter, while a homosexual or transgendered man who killed a gay-basher in self defense often got the death penalty.

The Matthew Shepard law - named after a boy who was bound in barbed wire, tortured, and murdered. His murderers claimed a "gay panic defense" hoping to get a reduction in charges to manslaughter. One turned witness for the state, and the other got life without parole.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gay_panic_defense

Even as recently as this summer, a transgendered man was beaten severely by two women in a Burger King because he was dressed and used the ladies bathroom. Even though the assault was captured on a video phone, the women were arrested and the charges were dismissed.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Violence_against_transgendered_people

In some countries, transgendered and cross-dressers are given the choice of being raped daily in prison for a year or more, being executed, or being castrated. In many churches in the United States, violence against gays and transgendered is still openly advocated.

I have often found it ironic that gays and transgendered boys/men are targets for violence while pedophiles are given jobs as youth pastors.

Eryn
10-22-2011, 08:00 PM
Internet, better Education, access to more information, Women are accepted today in the job market then they where years ago. Females are catching up to their Male counterparts today.

Actually, in many ways they have blown past them and are definitely in the lead. In the US, 42% of college-age females are enrolled in college, but only 35% of college-age males. Women achieved parity in 1991 but nobody noticed. The gap continues to widen but few care about that since it's males coming out as the losers.

Better preparation means greater opportunities and access to positions of power. If you think that Hillary and Condoleeza are remarkable you ain't seen nothin' yet. The floodgates are still opening. Do a Google Image search on "Student Body President" and gaze upon the faces of tomorrow's leaders.

It's certainly not a good time to be a guy in the US. We're becoming obsolete except in areas that require manual labor to be done.

What does this have to do with crossdressing? Not a thing. Correlation does not imply causation.

Even as recently as this summer, a transgendered man was beaten severely by two women in a Burger King because he was dressed and used the ladies bathroom. Even though the assault was captured on a video phone, the women were arrested and the charges were dismissed.

Are you referring to the beating of Chrissy Lee Polis, a trangendered woman, in a Baltimore McDonalds? If so, the charges were not dismissed. Her adult attacker, Teonna Monae Brown, was sentenced to five years in prison.

Kate T
10-22-2011, 08:51 PM
I have a real concern and question whether this "psychologist" seriously is abreast of gender issues.

First concern. There is little or no evidence that CD/TG is either on the rise,in decline or stable over any timeframe in any society. The studies just aren't there to show it (as has already been alluded to by Reine).

Secondly it is not hard to find a multiplicity of hard data to clearly demonstrate that whilst the social plight of women has improved it is still far from being "superior" to male. Studies by the UN demonstrate lower average income for females (app. 15% lower than males), increased risk of violence, increased risk of sexual violence, women still occupy less than 20% of the seats in DEMOCRATIC governments. Sorry, exactly what are they winning?

It's fine to spout off an opinion in a debate or discussion or throw something out there as a point of discussion but I truly hope this person does not genuinely hold these views if they are professionally trained. They are going to need one hell of an argument to back it up.

DebbieL
10-22-2011, 09:32 PM
That's like a reversed version of Freud's "penis envy" concept that pissed off lots of people.

Frued's "penis envy" had very little to do with the genialia, but referred more to the desire of many women to have the same kind of political and economic power that men, especially wealthy men who frequented the prostitutes Freud interviewed for his research, held.

I think there is also a form of "Breast Envy" among men that is probably for more widespread than most would like to admit. Men, especially younger boys, often look at all of the choices and options that seem to be available for women, and the regimentation and violence involved in being a man, and wish that they could have some of that freedom and love that they seem to think women enjoy.

The reality is that if a woman had to grow up male, she would probably hate the violence and brutality as much a many men do, but she would engage to survive. Conversely, if a man had to deal with periods, PMS, the itching and discomfort of having to wear a particular type of uniform, even stockings, heels, and skirt, every day, and the perception that he had to always act lady-like, would year for the power they would perceive men as having.

donnatracey
10-22-2011, 09:33 PM
Few days ago on radio there was a debate about transgender people. Nice and all the old stereotypes but one very interesting statement. One female psychologist stated the theory that the increasing number of CD/TG is connected to one fact: the female gender is on its way to become the strong, successful gender in society (feminisation of society etc.). CD/TG are recognising the decline of the male gender and they want to change over to the succesful gender in order not be on the "loser side".
I never heared that before.

Me neither. And to her argument I have 1 word: hogwash.......................:thumbsdn:

sissystephanie
10-22-2011, 09:53 PM
The GG was a psychologist and therefore entitled to her opinion, as is everyone! The major question is what proof does he have for her theory? Alomst anyone can state a theory, but for it to mean anythig there must be some proof!!

As Pinto said, "I never heard that before," and probably will never hear it again!! Because as DonnaTracey said, "Hogwash!!"

Loveday
10-22-2011, 10:23 PM
The female psychologist may of been trying to piggyback the cd/tg community to the idea that some human resource departments feel that females are better at leadership and organizing skills, thus being more successful and making more money. There is a name for the movement but it escapes me at this time. This was breifly discussed one day on some bussiness show I had watched on TV. After working for both genders for many years I personaly do not think gender makes a difference. There is good and bad, smart and dum in both genders. They even had about the same longevity 3 to 7 years as manager before they had to move on.

NathalieX66
10-22-2011, 10:39 PM
The media is already saying that women are surpassing men in college degrees in science & engineering.

I hope it's not true, but I feel like there's this epidemic of the stereotype of the college frat guy with the beer belly & baseball cap on backwards. There just seems to be so many. What's with that?
Anyone who wants to prove me wrong and criticize me is fine with me. I made an effort not to be that shlub a long time ago.
If I sound judgemental, so be it....something's changed these days.

docrobbysherry
10-23-2011, 12:53 AM
C'mon! let's call a spade a, "Spade". Why r there so many NASCAR fans around now compared to 25 years ago? Because all the races r televised!

Why r so many CD/TG's coming out now? Duh! The media and INTERNET! Because of sites like THIS, we now know we're not alone and that other dressers AREN'T all pervs as was previously thot! There aren't MORE now, just MORE OUT!

Steph.TS
10-23-2011, 02:09 AM
my reasons for wanting to transition include social differences, physical differences, the freedom to allow me to express myself (crying and not being belittled, clothes choices that are availalbe to women, makeup etc...) I just want to be one of the girls I have no point as a man. The more I look into this topic the more depressed I get thinking of myself as a man, even on things so basic as chromosomes...

I researched chromosomes and men are far more likely to be colourblind, have hemophilia, and various assortments of chromosomal diseases... Men get breast cancer even though they don't have breasts, but women don't have to worry about getting any male specific cancers. does feminism play it's part in my desire to transition? possibly but it's not going to be what causes me to say that does it I want to be a woman.

Kate T
10-23-2011, 04:38 AM
my reasons for wanting to transition include social differences, physical differences, the freedom to allow me to express myself (crying and not being belittled, clothes choices that are availalbe to women, makeup etc...) I just want to be one of the girls I have no point as a man. The more I look into this topic the more depressed I get thinking of myself as a man, even on things so basic as chromosomes...

I researched chromosomes and men are far more likely to be colourblind, have hemophilia, and various assortments of chromosomal diseases... Men get breast cancer even though they don't have breasts, but women don't have to worry about getting any male specific cancers. does feminism play it's part in my desire to transition? possibly but it's not going to be what causes me to say that does it I want to be a woman.

Men don't have to worry about getting cervical cancer, unterine cancer, ovarian cancer. Oh and dying in childbirth!

Kittyagain
10-23-2011, 06:17 AM
One huge factor in all of this is when women went to work, they left their children to be raised by strangers in daycare. We now how several generations raised by daycare. Don't forget in the seventies, the women's group promoted the idea that being a housewife was bad. Housewives got so it was embarrassing to say that is what they did. The common term was when asked what you do, "I am just a housewife."

In the US as Eryn noted is a very bad time to be a white male. So many jobs are either government jobs or related to government contracts which require specified numbers by race and gender. Add to that the promotion of women when they are not qualified to make the numbers look good has really damaged our business structure.

Kitty

kittypw GG
10-23-2011, 06:29 AM
we can be both men and women, although as a woman we may not make a perfect match in terms of how you were born, mental and emotional makeup.

but one of the things i love about being tg is that i can steal a woman's thunder by walking in her shoes.........literally.

You may think you can be both but statements like this prove you can't ever loose that male ego. Hunny I'll bet you money you ain't stealing nobody's thunder.:thumbsdn:

Kate T
10-23-2011, 06:48 AM
One huge factor in all of this is when women went to work, they left their children to be raised by strangers in daycare. We now how several generations raised by daycare. Don't forget in the seventies, the women's group promoted the idea that being a housewife was bad. Housewives got so it was embarrassing to say that is what they did. The common term was when asked what you do, "I am just a housewife."

In the US as Eryn noted is a very bad time to be a white male. So many jobs are either government jobs or related to government contracts which require specified numbers by race and gender. Add to that the promotion of women when they are not qualified to make the numbers look good has really damaged our business structure.

Kitty

Comes across a bit prejudiced. Racially and Gender. Really I think broad sweeping statements like that are questionable. One could just as easily say that the Banking boardrooms dominated by white males haven't exactly done a bang up job of getting things right have they?(i.e. Global Financial Crisis).

Steph.TS
10-23-2011, 07:26 AM
Men don't have to worry about getting cervical cancer, unterine cancer, ovarian cancer. Oh and dying in childbirth!
I know but my point is that men can get cancer for something they don't even have (breasts) but the same cannot be said for women if they don't have something they won't get cancer for it. Correct me if I'm wrong but I think the reason men can get breast cancer is the body developed sufficiently prior to the testosterone wash that breast tissue exists there but left unmatured as esotrogen wasn't the dominate hormone. The breast tissue in men sits there doing practically nothing execpt for the occational cancer (or breast development if a person goes on hormones to transition).

Beth Wilde
10-23-2011, 07:36 AM
Just wanted to add another bizarre theory I heard.... Apparently it's all in the water! I forget where I read it, but apparently, the number of women using the pill means there is a larger amount of female hormones being deposited into the water supply which is not removed by water treatment works. Therefore, people drinking water are taking small amounts of hormones whenever they drink water from the tap!

There are so many theories out there, but personally I'm inclined to believe it is just more open due to the internet. Before such wonderful forums as this one existed, very few people knew more than a couple of others who felt the same way, now with such availability, we all know (or know of) many such people. Newspapers, universities and other research institutes also research online and will obviously see greater prevalence as more sites show up and member numbers continue to increase.

Right, that's my two pence worth, I'm off for a couple of pints of tap water!!

gabimartini
10-23-2011, 08:10 AM
Amazing what some people will say to get that coveted spotlight and enjoy their 140 characters of fame. I don't agree with this psychologist. I was born the way I am, it has nothing to do with being on the winning or losing side.

kittypw GG
10-23-2011, 08:35 AM
Just wanted to add another bizarre theory I heard.... Apparently it's all in the water! I forget where I read it, but apparently, the number of women using the pill means there is a larger amount of female hormones being deposited into the water supply which is not removed by water treatment works. Therefore, people drinking water are taking small amounts of hormones whenever they drink water from the tap!

!!

Actually this theory is not so bizzare. We get hormones from many sources like the food we eat along with lots of chemicals that we don't need to digest. There are people who are reseaching a certain kind of frog because the males are showing up with female organs at an increasingly alarming rate.

Sometimes Steffi
10-23-2011, 08:55 AM
I think that most CDs started when they were very young, say 6 to 12 y.o. This is well before they would had a good understanding of the power structure anywhere except possibly in their home. A bunch of hooey, IMHO.

adrienner99
10-23-2011, 09:49 AM
BS!!! I am not sure the number or the percentage is increasing. It's just easier now to be open about it than it was in 1960..Not that it still isn't hard. But as a male reaction to females gaining more power...that is absurd.

Dena
10-23-2011, 10:38 AM
I'd say it's less of a "secret" than it used to be. There are also more people on the planet than there used to be!

Badtranny
10-23-2011, 11:07 AM
what a bunch of BS! Personally I wanted nothing more than for this whole TS thing to go away so I could be "normal" and transition for me so far has done nothing to elevate my social status or income level!

Yeah but what about your new super cute friends?

Aprilrain
10-23-2011, 11:32 AM
Yeah but what about your new super cute friends?

super cute don't pay the bills be-atch! but you are cute! : P

suit
10-23-2011, 11:55 AM
>"Right, that's my two pence worth, I'm off for a couple of pints of tap water!! "<

go read about the effects of
BPH one of those nice plastic products and what that does to mice!

Brenda Freeman
10-23-2011, 12:59 PM
I guess with her comment/opinion you could argue women have shifted to more masculine to join the masculine crowd, wearing pants, jeans, suits! I think we who love to dress have done so since we figured it out at a young age, with women abandoning all things feminine it will be up to us to keep the feminine fashion alive and kicking for the sake of man or woman or human kind! I agree with everyone who said her comment is looney! What are we to do if women go totally maculine on us will we follow there clothing trend, not a chance, with the help of the internet we are discovering we are far from alone That is empowering!

Eryn
10-23-2011, 02:06 PM
Comes across a bit prejudiced. Racially and Gender.

It seems only to be prejudice when it is pointed out that one group is getting the short end of the stick. Any other group and it would be fine.

Stitch
10-23-2011, 03:19 PM
Lol, that is a hilarious load of twaddle if I ever did hear it.

A thought occurs to me.. If you think about it from a sexual point of view, which I believe is a reason a fair few Crossdressers dress. Then if being a woman was considered the stronger role, then why are so many CDers into being dominated? :s

Being a woman isn't all that, and I don't think there is a winning or losing side. Otherwise it implies we are working against each other. Sounds a bit misanthropic to me!

Kittyagain
10-23-2011, 03:30 PM
For most of us, I am convinced, it is something that happened to us in our very early childhood that didn't happen to all men. A coincidence in life you might say. It could be a warm interaction with a woman that was exactly at that moment that we began our formative thought maybe somewhere around 4-5 years old. Could be our first formative thought. I don't think it is something we are born with for the majority.

Kitty

Vickie_CDTV
10-23-2011, 05:18 PM
It isn't a new theory, and perhaps for some there is some truth to it. In fact, Virginia Prince wrote quite a bit about this back in the 60s or 70s, as to what would happen when women hit and surpass parity with men. I am sure there are men who envy the power women have today (as some women envied male power 50+ years ago.) Whether it would manifest itself as transvestism per se, I don't know, but I can see the appeal of wanting to somehow have or feel what they cannot have; either a traditional 50s-esque woman that virtually possible to find today, or to be a modern woman with the societal advantages that come with it.

For what it is worth, as a child I grew up with authority figures that were all women (other than an abusive father), and I am absolutely sure it had an effect on my sexuality later on in life.

vetobob9
10-23-2011, 05:53 PM
Genetically speaking, they have found that the male sex hormone is literally disappearing. This means that the male sex is disappearing. However, the process won't be complete for another million years or so. So we have a long time before we end up in a one sex society. What we are seeing today is only the start of that evolutionary process.

pinto
10-23-2011, 06:16 PM
Does this really mean after some time the world will only be female. All men will disappear? :)

Suzette Muguet de Mai
10-23-2011, 06:27 PM
I think it is an interesting thought and maybe true in some ways. I do like the wider choice in women's fashion but I never thought of going into bat for a winning team. For me that would be ridiculous and I never would have even thought about that when I was a child dressing.
I personally think the internet, forums, and online shopping has provided many with a knowledge that they are no longer alone. To promote that idea as a contributing factor may be correct for a few but I fear that the more way out and ridiculous ideas that are promoted as a minority query may have consequences that support some underlying view concerning some other issues. Just another knock for us who dress and behave femininely and seek acceptance.
Maybe the person had a few too many wines or came up with an idea that has not been validated the evening before the radio program. I would have thought that on radio she would have first questioned the idea amongst her colleagues as part of research material in order to air it in the public domain.
She maybe inexperienced too and has opened herself up to criticism to promote herself within her area of expertise. Controversial and alerting to again put a rift between the sexes and those who bridge the two.

ReineD
10-23-2011, 06:30 PM
Does this really mean after some time the world will only be female. All men will disappear? :)

Hmmm .... let's see. I'm looking into the future ... :thinking:

If this should happen, I foresee a limited future for the human race on Earth. One generation, tops! :D

sara.s
10-23-2011, 06:56 PM
One female psychologist stated the theory that the increasing number of CD/TG is connected to one fact: the female gender is on its way to become the strong, successful gender in society (feminisation of society etc.). CD/TG are recognising the decline of the male gender and they want to change over to the succesful gender in order not be on the "loser side".

Gosh i am scared. :nailbiting: There have been some reports of gangsta GG's rounding up non-cd men at night. Don't roam in the dark alone, unless you have long hair and skirt on, or at least get a short, cute GG to go along with you.

pinto
10-23-2011, 06:58 PM
Hmmm, i think we should be enabled to get pregnant...

This gives me an idea. I will start a new thread.

Pythos
10-23-2011, 06:59 PM
We do roam the night. We are known as Androgynous Goths. LOL. We eat Normies for breakfast....or more like midnight snack...with lots of coffee or red bull. :P

pinto
10-23-2011, 07:09 PM
Now all of us have a reason to crossdress. Going out in maled mode is far to dangerous. I will tell my wife and hopefully all the closeting will be over.

suchacutie
10-23-2011, 07:10 PM
Let's step back from this and discuss the fundamentals of research. I am a research scientist. I know the difference between correlation vs. experimenatation designed to prove or disprove a given theory or thesis.

What you have here is the worst of correlation and sensationalism. Let me give an example: In the 60's it was noticed that people who drive with their lights on had fewer accidents. When some idiot then decided that everyone should drive with their lights on, it was quickly realized that the reason for lower accident rates of those who drove with their lights on unbid was because they were better drivers to begin with. That group ALEADY had a lower accident rate!

This situation of increasingly identifiable TV/TGs has not been investigated at all based upon epidemiological concepts, but that doesn't mean that anyone who has an axe to grind won't try to use it for their ends.

I would enjoy reading about a solid statistical study of the increasing number of TV/TGs (if it's true) and the reasons for it. Maybe the first study should be to determine if there really are more of us, or if the increase in communication has made it possible for us to finally know each other, and to have those who were not aware of their transgendered nature to find sites like this and have an epiphany.

Until there are careful statistical studies, these people who try to use correlation of unrelated assumptions should be completely ignored. Their need for supporting their egos is the real reason they propose any of this balogna!

tina!

Suzette Muguet de Mai
10-23-2011, 07:15 PM
Giggles, wonder if there will be a decrease in male species throughout all living things. No more male Lions with great manes, no more food for female spiders, no more male monkeys exposing themselves yikes. Maybe in a few thousand years we will see females evolving as males and some not. That means another era of male/female creatures.
Maybe toilets could be redesigned and bras used as slingshots. Wow, imagining what could be as I go for my nightly stroll to the toilet. Maybe Lionesses will see the light and avoid killing for a dominant male lion . Maybe the male will be an alpha female?
Maybe we have seen the light and join a female army as subservient ambassadors for the feminists. Wow, maybe we are secretly wanting to be feminists? Drifting off to sleep with luck I will wake with a female body, I may have better chance of that than secretly wanting to be on a winning side.

ReineD
10-23-2011, 07:45 PM
Until there are careful statistical studies, these people who try to use correlation of unrelated assumptions should be completely ignored. Their need for supporting their egos is the real reason they propose any of this balogna!

Tina, I appreciate what you're saying, but I don't think there are many of us who prefer to draw conclusions from statistical studies than personal opinion and hearsay. Also, I think lots of people come here, not for answers so much as fun and entertainment, and amicable banter, not unlike the discourse at any neighborhood pub. :)

Steph.TS
10-23-2011, 08:53 PM

If this should happen, I foresee a limited future for the human race on Earth. One generation, tops! :D
http://docinthemachine.com/2007/04/13/allfemalebaby-2/

also I should point out that it looks like the male gender is dying off (from an evolutionary point of view)
The human Y chromosome has lost 1,393 of its 1,438 original genes over the course of its existence. With a rate of genetic loss of 4.6 genes per million years, the Y chromosome may potentially lose complete function within the next 10 million years.[/URL] [url]http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Y_chromosome#Shrinking (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Y_chromosome#cite_note-9)

Aprilrain
10-23-2011, 08:55 PM
Genetically speaking, they have found that the male sex hormone is literally disappearing. This means that the male sex is disappearing. However, the process won't be complete for another million years or so. So we have a long time before we end up in a one sex society. What we are seeing today is only the start of that evolutionary process.

well we never have to worry about a sexless humanity then since we will surly NOT survive another million years!

pinto
10-23-2011, 08:58 PM
Time is running so hurry girls. How can I steal some more of my Y chromosomes? :)

ashleyflats
10-23-2011, 09:23 PM

I agree with this. My guess is that it has to do with people finding other like-minded individuals over the internet and coming to the conclusion, "hey, I'm not alone after all," and with that support system are able to come out about who they truly are. Also, it seems like people are in general more accepting of alternative lifestyles these days to a certain extent. Still, this is just my opinion and not based on evidence or research... but I think it's way more simple and sensible than the winning/losing side hypothesis!

Eryn
10-23-2011, 09:37 PM

Ever been on a cattle ranch? Hundreds or thousands of cows and steers, and only a dozen bulls. One bull can service quite a few heifers and cows!

With artificial insemination, how many men does the human race really need?

Of course, this would be an extreme case, but stranger things have happened!

ReineD
10-24-2011, 12:04 AM
^ I only know that it would be a sad world indeed for most women on this planet, should men disappear. Thank goodness it won't happen for another 10 million years! :)

Who wants to mate with a syringe in a lab? :p

Aprilrain
10-24-2011, 12:05 AM
Ever been on a cattle ranch? Hundreds or thousands of cows and steers, and only a dozen bulls. One bull can service quite a few heifers and cows!

With artificial insemination, how many men does the human race really need?

Of course, this would be an extreme case, but stranger things have happened!

Id like my own THANK YOU! not in to sharing my toys!

sometimes_miss
10-24-2011, 01:38 AM
At least half of the psychologists I've met were loony. She could be one of them.

Whether women win or not, guys who prefer to be guys are going to stay that way.

+1. Sure, if you're bisexual, you might decide to switch sides. But sexual identity isn't really something you can swing around. Contrary to her opinion, females are gaining more power in society because they're taking on traditionally male behavior. Sounds like that psychologist needs to do some more studying.

linda allen
10-24-2011, 06:38 AM
I think that the incressing # 's if so would simply be greater exposer because of the internet...

I think that's probably the reason.

Kittyagain
10-24-2011, 06:52 AM
Well posted Tina.

Kitty

5150 Girl
10-24-2011, 02:39 PM
Well, I agree with the exposure thery, like I've sais 100 times, the more common place we make ourselves the more common place we become.
Back in the day, the GBLT community hid in fear, often feeling alone in the world. But now, thatnks to the WWW, we know we are not alone. And now we have an atmosphre in today's society that is much more tolllarent and acepting of otherrs and their ideals...

kimdl93
10-24-2011, 02:57 PM
Its rather fun to speculate on how the post-industrial world will affect traditional gender roles. I doubt that most males are really thinking about that, however. Way too many young men have wasted their adolescence and teens on video games...so today the majority of college students are women, the majority of college graduates are women, the majority of med school students are women and the majority of law school students are women. It seems that men are defaulting from the opportunity to play an equal role in society's future. Women are actually having a difficult time finding men worth reproducing with!

Suzette Muguet de Mai
10-24-2011, 06:05 PM
I guess all would be good but hate to think of females digging up cemeteries to find male DNA to re start the male species in a few hundred years or so. See men would still not get the last word in.

Eryn
10-24-2011, 06:38 PM
...Women are actually having a difficult time finding men worth reproducing with!

Don't worry, with our global economy there will be opportunities with highly-motivated, -educated, and successful men from overly-male India and China. There does seem to be a sort of symmetry to this...

pinto
10-25-2011, 07:57 AM
Women are actually having a difficult time finding men worth reproducing with!

I think this is quite true and causing many problems in relations nowadays.

Loni
10-25-2011, 11:35 AM
that psychologist needs to get her head out of her..em..a..you know.

i dress like a woman cause i like to. i tend to want to live and be a woman. not cause i believe (or even think) that i want to be on the "wining" side.

and i always thought that women control society anyhow. show me any man that can not be controlled by a good woman.

Kittyagain
10-25-2011, 02:22 PM
Its rather fun to speculate on how the post-industrial world will affect traditional gender roles. I doubt that most males are really thinking about that, however. Way too many young men have wasted their adolescence and teens on video games...so today the majority of college students are women, the majority of college graduates are women, the majority of med school students are women and the majority of law school students are women. It seems that men are defaulting from the opportunity to play an equal role in society's future. Women are actually having a difficult time finding men worth reproducing with!

Kim, so much of this goes back to young girls and their mothers being driven by the fem movement to avoid marriage and become a career woman. I have seen it happen and it is not pretty. How so cold and lonely some have become. Their mothers had driven them to college and a career. Kids and family almost dirty words until their mothers want grandchildren, then it is often too late.

That is how I have seen this play out.

Kitty

Steph.TS
10-25-2011, 08:50 PM
that psychologist needs to get her head out of her..em..a..you know.

i dress like a woman cause i like to. i tend to want to live and be a woman. not cause i believe (or even think) that i want to be on the "wining" side.

and i always thought that women control society anyhow. show me any man that can not be controlled by a good woman.

you contradict yourself I believe. You say you don't believe or even think women are on the winning side but the next line says any good woman can control her man...

I'm not disagreeing with you, society is designed for women to be desired and men to do the desiring (not saying women don't desire though) that why women can wear bright vibrant colors on thier nails, do wild things with thier hair, wear makeup, and wear clothes no man would want to be caught in public. I can't wait to be a woman, I want to freedom to express myself. Life as a man (atleast for me) is like a prison telling me what I can't do.

Aprilrain
10-25-2011, 09:14 PM
Kim, so much of this goes back to young girls and their mothers being driven by the fem movement to avoid marriage and become a career woman. I have seen it happen and it is not pretty. How so cold and lonely some have become. Their mothers had driven them to college and a career. Kids and family almost dirty words until their mothers want grandchildren, then it is often too late.

That is how I have seen this play out.

Kitty

GOD this is worse than the tripe the psychologist was saying!
so woman should stay home and not meet their full potential because boys are to lasy to get off their asses and go to school??????? UGH!
woman must hold them selves back so that men may prosper BARF!