PDA

View Full Version : Societies with a lack of females

pinto
10-23-2011, 09:18 PM
I have heared about such societies, especially on some islands in the pacific regions, where men switched in the role of women in order to marry men. Is this still happening today? This would be a paradise for many of us, wouldn't it?

eluuzion
10-24-2011, 12:16 AM
It was not quite as you described it, but close…
The ancient Moche civilization on the northern coast of Peru were the most interesting. Raising selected boys as “girls” to pleasure the priests and power players.

Here is a thread discussion on the forum...
http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/showthread.php?137163-When-did-man-first-crossdress

The Spaniards were a piece of work too…
http://www.h-net.org/reviews/showrev.php?id=452

:love:

Oops, just realized I did not answer the "paradise question"...

For me...
paradise? NO
paradox? Maybe :heehee:
If there was a significant shortage of women, I would end up making my own woman out of platinum cure silicone before ever resorting to marrying a man.:heehee:

Ok, I'll be honest here...I would probably make two women...:D

giuseppina
10-24-2011, 12:26 AM
It's still going on in India and other Asian countries. Girls are often aborted or neglected after birth. :sad:

sometimes_miss
10-24-2011, 01:15 AM
No thanks. Despite what you may think, there are some of us who don't want any contact with men; we don't want to have sex with men, don't want to marry men, nothing. I can tolerate being here only because I don't have any physical contact. Even the scent of males makes me ill. No thanks. For those of you who crave sex with males, well, more power to you, enjoy yourselves, but it's not for everyone.

ReineD
10-24-2011, 02:54 AM
For those of you who crave sex with males, well, more power to you, enjoy yourselves, but it's not for everyone.

It is for the majority of females! :D

Kate Simmons
10-24-2011, 05:23 AM
It would depend on the particular society. In many women are treated like chattel or property. Not too many on here would be interested in that.:)

Aprilrain
10-24-2011, 07:00 AM
I have to admit I don't get it????????
I am TS but I fought it for a long time I also fought my true attraction to men. I just wanted to be "normal". I can't tell you how many times i prayed and begged God to take these thoughts and feelings away so I could just be like a normal guy. So I don't get all the fantasizing about silly scenarios like "if you could get pregnant" or "If you could have a female body for $50,000" (sounds like transition to me) or YET ANOTHER twist on forced feminization "societies with out females". The complete lack of satisfaction with fantasy was one of the many factors that drove me to transition. I was tired of living a lie and part of that lie was living out fantasies in my head and thinking I was completely missing out on life. SO if dating men as a female is your "paradise" stop dreaming and start living its not as hard as you think.

jillleanne
10-24-2011, 07:18 AM
Gender enhanced or not I might add.

It is for the majority of females! :D

BRANDYJ
10-24-2011, 07:34 AM
This would not be a paradise for many of us. Last time I checked it's only about 10% of men that are gay. That includes the much smaller proportion of those that happen to be gay and a crossdresser. So it may be a paradise for a very small number of us here...not MANY of us. I love, lust and enjoy women, not men.

ElusiveGirl
10-24-2011, 07:45 AM
I have to admit I don't get it????????

Me neither. Is pinto saying it would be paradise having to become a woman for the pleasure of other men? Or that having a man turn into a woman for him would be the thrill?

Badtranny
10-24-2011, 08:54 AM
SO if dating men as a female is your "paradise" stop dreaming and start living its not as hard as you think.

This is the CD forum silly. The average CD is closeted, hetero, and generally in denial about who they are, or might be. Fantasies are their domain, and forced feminization is an enduring favorite.

ElusiveGirl
10-24-2011, 09:18 AM
This is the CD forum silly. The average CD is closeted, hetero, and generally in denial about who they are, or might be. Fantasies are their domain, and forced feminization is an enduring favorite.

*grins and bites tongue*

http://farm5.static.flickr.com/4130/5003913468_9dee985179_z.jpg

Aprilrain
10-24-2011, 09:40 AM

sorry i lost my head! I thought there might be a modicum of reason around here.

*Vanessa*
10-24-2011, 09:58 AM
sorry i lost my head! I thought there might be a modicum of reason around here.

Surely there is!? Even a CDer living in there heads must have the odd thought about transitioning, forced or otherwise. The acceptance of one doesn't exclude the other as Aprilrain pointed out. Or does it Badtranny?

agreement = #7

Alberta_Pat
10-24-2011, 12:13 PM
Of course, every CD persons thinks about transition.

I though about it, and came to the conclusion that I would not consider going through with it.

When En Homme, I am straight arrow. When En Femme, I am 100% homosexual.

This does not preclude the possibility of some interaction with a man in a sexual situation, but that interaction would have to include at least one woman.

Badtranny
10-24-2011, 12:35 PM
Surely there is!? Even a CDer living in there heads must have the odd thought about transitioning, forced or otherwise. The acceptance of one doesn't exclude the other as Aprilrain pointed out. Or does it Badtranny?

I don't agree that there is no "reason" around here. I was simply pointing out that the "reason" April didn't understand the OP (who calls herself a cross dreamer) is because her head is not in the same space. CD's and TS's really have very little in common (except for the pickle) and in regard to fantasies, we couldn't be more different. Let me stress that one is not better than the other, just different. To be honest, my life would be sooooo much easier if I could just be a gay CD, but I am what I am.

Vickie_CDTV
10-24-2011, 02:00 PM
Having boys has been seen as more desirable than having girls in many, if not most, societies throughout time to some extent or another (China is a good example.) One reason why males who emulate women are looked down upon (they are diminishing their "value"), and why women have had more leeway (generally) in terms of adopting traditionally male dress, occupations, etc. (they want to increase their "value".) I have never heard of a society decimating its female population to the point where a significant number of men would actually have to live as women to substitute for GGs though (since you need GGs to bear boys doing that would seem to be counterproductive in the long run.)

KellyJameson
10-24-2011, 02:21 PM
Perhaps not, extreme masculine behavior or extreme feminine behavior is destructive and the two sexes balance the weaknesses of each other and for the men and women who learn to incorporate both within by escaping their cultures influence it has been my personal experience that they have great emotional deepth and inner peace.

Always be on guard for personal dislike of individuals because they belong to groups. The male group, The female group, the straight group, the gay group ect.. This comes out of our past and is inherited from others. Rejected it and you will discover yourself.

JasmineD
10-24-2011, 02:40 PM
I have heared about such societies, especially on some islands in the pacific regions, where men switched in the role of women in order to marry men.

This is actually a misconception about tribal traditions. In those societyies, role and status of individual was determined by work they did for community and ot by gender. Meaning there were roles for women i. e. caring for young, caring for home, cooking cleaning foraging, caring for livestock etc. where as roles for men like hunting and fighting. I tribes living in more isolated areas, need for warriors was ess and some men took work traditionally assigned to women. Tis did not mean they changed gender or married or in any way became sexually attached to "men" of those society

Aprilrain
10-24-2011, 04:10 PM
To be honest, my life would be sooooo much easier if I could just be a gay CD,

being gay and CDing are real world activities not things people generally fantasize about. Anyway i see that ALL of the respondents said NO they would not like that scenario at all which seems reasonable to me ; )

Im wondering, Pinto, what is it about said fantasy that is so appealing to you? being a chick or being some guys B@#$%!

HannahF6
10-24-2011, 05:49 PM
The excess of male births is a major issue in India and China where there is a high value set on male births. There are many girls in India who are given a Hindi first name that literally translates as "unwanted". The ratio in some Indian states is as unbalanced as 87 female live births for every 100 male. But in rural areas it is vastly skewed the other way. Indeed, there are males in China who adopt feminine roles, including dressing as a female in order to have a mate.

I don't think anyone concerned would consider this to be a paradise, indeed it is a rather horrible situation. I suspect nobody is happy with the state of affairs. In China there is a monstrously large number of young men who will NEVER find a soul mate. This is very sad.

Hannah

Suzette Muguet de Mai
10-24-2011, 06:11 PM
Paradise for me? Yes. I do admit I find men attractive and I do not consider myself as gay. The man who I would like to partner would have to be one hell of a guy, understanding and affectionate.
I guess I am a lil different from most here :)

pinto
10-25-2011, 08:09 AM
Im wondering, Pinto, what is it about said fantasy that is so appealing to you? being a chick or being some guys B@#$%!

Not really April. The question was a little provoking. That's why i phrased "wouldn't it?" I am not gay and i don't want to be some guys B@#$%. If i had to choose between both i surely would take the option "chick". My real intention was to know more about these societies and habits although moderate provokations bring a little bit of life into a thread.