PDA

View Full Version : got my Halloween pedi today what fun

DeniseNJ
10-24-2011, 05:44 PM
This is getting to easy and I am enjoying it so much. The other day I used the shower off nair and today I slip on my sandles , and girly jeans and head over to the salon.. I used to be nervous but nomore I was having such a relaxing time. The first coat is orange with black crackle. I went everywhere , to Ross to buy a dress, the dollar store, payless shoes, chineese resturant and the corner store to show the girl that works there . I was on the look out for anybody I knew, and was wondering how I would explain the pedi to someone I knew. It is scary when you realy don't care what people think of you. dam pink fog makes you do crazy things yes even had on eye shadow and mascrea and tinted lipgloss, yep I am crazy:thumbsup:

AnitaH
10-24-2011, 06:54 PM
Sounds like a great day for you, I'm so excited for you. And the toenails look great by the way.

AnitaH

isitago
10-24-2011, 06:56 PM
sounds like a nice day,i'm jealous::battingeyelashes:

PretzelGirl
10-24-2011, 08:44 PM
Its great to be crazy! But life is about enjoyment and having a blast. Just keep doing it. I hadn't thought about orange under black crackle for Halloween. Nice!

StacyChambers
10-24-2011, 09:05 PM
Fun look Denise! I'm thinking of doing this:

http://thebeautydepartment.com/2011/10/sweet-mani/

Cynthia Anne
10-24-2011, 09:29 PM
Cute toes! The only thing better then a pedi is getting a mani at the same time! Being crazy sure helps me from going insane! Hugs!

NathalieX66
10-24-2011, 09:41 PM
Hi Denise,
Sounds like you had fun. I love your crackle.
I had a professional pedicure done last month, and I think I need to go again this month.
Nothing makes me feel more like a girl than a professional nail job.

You're right about the pink fog making you do crazy things. I actually went into my local supermarket last saturday wearing my halloween costume, which was a little girls dress & frilly petticoat underneath, and I now have to reckon with the staff that has see me as a guy.....oh well, such is life.

DeniseNJ
10-25-2011, 06:45 AM
Stacy, I was thinking about candy corn and just wanted orange with black tips, the girl talked me into crackle

Sometimes Steffi
10-25-2011, 09:34 PM
Last Wednesday I went to my usual nail salon to get a Halloween pedicure.

After reading some of the post here, I decided to get orange nail polish with "Frenched" black tips. After looking around at a bunch of local stores, I selected an orange nail polish that I liked.

I picked a time in the evening after work to go when I expected the salon to be less crowded. I picked a day when my wife was supposed to be going out with some women friends to minimize the likelihood that I would be interrupted by a phone call while I was there.

But there were challenges right from the beginning. My wife called me right in the middle of the pedicure. I had the ringer on vibrate, so I just ignored the call. Later, when I got home, her car was in the garage; she had decided to cancel her night with the women. I had planned to walk into the empty house in my sandals, but I had to quickly change back from my sandals to my regular shoes in the garage.

The next day (Thursday), I figured out that we had an accupuncture appointment together on Saturday, where my painted toes would surely be visible. I was disappointed to remove my nail polish so soon after having it applied, so I tried to get back out of my accupuncture appointment. My wife convinced me not to cancel.

So my plan was to work out as usual on Saturday, remove my nail polish in secret, and then go to acupuncture. Well, Friday night I found out that our accupuncture appointment was earlier than usual, and I would not have time to work out and then remove the nail polish. So, I concocted a story for the accupuncturist to wear socks during the appointment and avoid disclosure. And it worked.

But, it would be so much easier if she just knew everything.

DeniseNJ
10-25-2011, 10:59 PM
Steffi, I totally feel, Ya , I know the routine . Little story, I get a call from the wife as I am walking into payless after the pedi. She says somebody tore up our front lawn and I had just cut the grass and it was looking nice and groomed. I had to slip into my sneakers in the driveway. Tore up,:thumbsdn::thumbsdn: A tractor and trailer jacknifed and there is a section about 50' that is all ripped up and cratered. The truck took off after and the only eye witness was some old lady across the street. Yea that kinda brought me down from my Hi. The wife asked , where were you when this happened, she was asleep . Can you see me Yea Babe I had a pedicure done at the salon with a cute halloween theme, sorry , I was being pampered like all girls do...:doh: YEP!!! socks around the house cause if she see's my pedi she will say {Take that Sh!t off} Try hiding smooth legs, lately it's been long Pj bottoms, usually I am in my tidy whities around the house. I mean who are we hurting. It felt so good walking around in stores with that pedi even in the gladiator girl samdles, it just feels right,,, BUT I know I can't do that around friends/family and co-wokers MAN am I taking chances:o

Sometimes Steffi
11-06-2011, 11:53 AM
I'm finally getting around to posting a pic of my Halloween Nails

I've gotten brave enough to wear them openly to Yoga classes a few times. No one even mentioned them, which surprised me. It's not like it's some barely noticeable demure color.

I did make sure that the Yoga instructor had seen them.She thought they were cool. I told her this was "our secret". The next week when they were still painted, she gave me a huge knowing smile.

I'm about ready to remove the nail polish, and start planning for Christmas Nails