PDA

View Full Version : A very tall woman

Jessica86
10-25-2011, 01:13 AM
I was reading through a thread and was reminded of my height. My wife and I went to wal mart. While going through the store, I was in guy mode. I am 6'06" and have always had a time finding female clothes. I found a good seller on ebay that has some cd sizes, and a few other places. It is just hard. I saw a woman I was almost eye level with in the store. She looked beautiful, and not once did it dawn on me it could have been a guy. It just made me feel better about passing. My wife and I have not gone out together yet....because every time we plan it...stuff comes up. I have to work on Halloween, and the day after.

Also, I looked online to try to get some women's jeans. I actually won a pair on ebay that is supposed to be a long size. I hope they work. I have very long legs. If not, maybe they could double as capris? LOL. I don't know. Just trying to find a size that works. I have never worn women's jeans because I just don't know my size. I also can not go out in femme. My wife tells me to, but I want to share the experience with her, which she thinks is nice of me. She really wants to be a part of the first time out. It's just hard when she works days and I work nights. Anyone know of any place that sells tall women's clothing? I even have a hard time with male shirts not being long enough when I shop for them.

Eryn
10-25-2011, 01:34 AM
Also, I looked online to try to get some women's jeans. I actually won a pair on ebay that is supposed to be a long size. I hope they work. I have very long legs. If not, maybe they could double as capris? LOL. I don't know. Just trying to find a size that works. I have never worn women's jeans because I just don't know my size.

Just as a data point, I have a 31" waist and a 34" inseam and I find a women's size 8 long fits me perfectly in Levi's 505s.

LongTallSally has women's pants with up to a 38" inseam:

http://us.longtallsally.com/pants/38inch

Chari
10-25-2011, 03:13 AM
Consider measuring your inseam and waist on guy jeans that you are confortable wearing. Then take those measurements to a "Big Gals' store where they carry jeans/pants for the taller woman. If you'd rather not try them on in the store, keep your receipt and leave the tags on when you try the jeans on at home in case of the wrong fit, and return them. You may have to pay a bit more, but the fit & style will be worth it! Also maybe you could wear a long skirt when you go out the first time with your wife. Have fun on you first time out!

ReineD
10-25-2011, 03:27 AM
Silver Jeans has inseams up to 37".

I buy the 34" to wear with 4" heels and they trail to the ground. I'm 6' 1" in my heels.

http://www.silverjeans.com/sjdev/wghome.pgm

Stevann
10-25-2011, 08:57 PM
Visit tallwomen.org. They list stores with tall sizes. I am 6'5" and have a 37" inseam, and have found quite a few choices.