PDA

View Full Version : My first full dress and outing!

Deanna77
10-25-2011, 09:10 PM
On Monday, I had not only my first ever full dressing with makeup and all, but in the excitement (darn you, pink fog) I found myself actually going out dressed! I don't think I've ever felt such a mix of emotions hit me at the same time: excitement, fear, nervousness, desire, freedom, calm, you name it. It felt so amazing to be Deanna even for just a couple of hours by myself. I took quite a few pictures and will likely post a couple in the pic forum in a couple of days.

As far as my jaunt into the great outdoors, I had gotten everything on and realized that it was a pretty overcast day and starting to sprinkle a bit. I glanced outside my apartment building window to make sure it wasn't very busy outside, and (before I could talk myself out of it) I grabbed one of wifey's Vera Bradley purses, slipped on a plain tan raincoat over my dress, and proceeded straight out the front door to the car! The whole time I think I was smiling and muttering too myself "I'm *really* friggin doing this..." :o

Once in the car, I slid on my shades and found out really quickly just how different it is trying to drive with 2 1/2" heels on! :heehee: I took a moment to get my bearings and drove to a McDonalds about a mile down the road. There was a line of cars and a few pedestrians, none of which really noticed me I think. I pulled up to the speaker and asked shyly for a cone of ice cream. Driving around the corner was when I started to really get nervous. I may have driven by people and waved cars by at an intersection, but now I was about to have some real interaction with someone! :eek:

I drove up to the payment window, and waited while the girl there finished taking someone else's order. She hardly gave me a glance as I gave her exact change and thanked her. She eventually glanced at me and seemed to pay no mind. "Success!!" I thought... until I realized I still had window #2 to go. I pulled-up, and the guy working the window glanced down and did one of those slow-motion double-takes before looking around like there was supposed to be a hidden camera somewhere. I smiled sheepishly and tried to keep "in character" though as I got more nervous, I'm certain my voice got deeper. I could almost hear his thoughts and after what seemed like an eternity, he handed me the ice cream, I thanked him sheepishly and drove off almost shaking.

I finished that ice cream cone in about 15 seconds flat I think - LOL! After that, it had begin raining REALLY hard, so I headed back to our apartment building only to see one of the nosy neighbors sitting outside the building across the street. I know I shouldn't have let that phase me, but being cautious I decided to drive around the other side of the block, parked behind the building, made a mad wet dash for the back door, stepped briskly to my apartment, fumbled with the keys, got in, closed and locked the door, and almost collapsed. My heart was racing a mile a minute from the rush. I felt like a fool and like a million bucks at the same time.

After all the excitement, I sat back relaxed en femme for about another half hour before I had to begin saying farewell to Deanna for the day. All in all, it was an adventurous day that I'm not sure if I'll be repeating again anytime *soon*, butIi'm certain it'll be repeated at some point (though maybe not until next Halloween, hehehe). Just wanted to share my day, and hope that maybe the tale will be an encouragement to others as everyone else's has been for me :)

Cheers, ladies!

PretzelGirl
10-25-2011, 09:16 PM
There you go! It all happens in baby steps sometimes. I do wonder if your way makes it easier. No build up, just decide to do it and go. Now will a shopping trip be next in line for you?

Toni Citara
10-25-2011, 09:17 PM
Welcome to "the club"!!!

AllieSF
10-25-2011, 09:20 PM
Congratulations. You really do not fool around much do you. First time fully dressed and there you go fleeing the coup into the big bad world. I am really impressed. Now to make it easier you may consider partially dressing at home (everything but wig, lipstick and earrings), put on some loose slacks and shirt or jacket, and then finish up on the road in some lightly used parking lot. The benefits of this is that you set a safe process to keep the pink fog at bay, at least regarding going out, and you delay the moment when your neighbors actually see you and recognize you while dressed. Thanks for sharing and enjoy, enjoy and, really enjoy this new found freedom.

sara.s
10-25-2011, 09:22 PM
Wow.. i am glad you enjoyed your outing. It actually gets easier and easier from next time onwards. i am hoping to see your outing pics sometime..

Bobobob00
10-25-2011, 11:05 PM
Congrats! Sounds amazing. Hope to read more from your next adventures out. :)

Cynthia Anne
10-25-2011, 11:21 PM
You will repeat it!! You have already messed up! Tomorow you Will BE PLANNING YOUR NEXT ADVENTURE! So face up and do it! Just remember it gets easier and better each time! Hugs!

RitaRich
10-25-2011, 11:29 PM
I've been thinking about my first outing. After reading your post I think I will try a short walk around the block at dark and skip McDonald's.
Or, I may just walk out my front door in full daylight, in front of all my neighbors and be proud of who I am and enjoy the fact that the married men who should be looking at their wives are now checking me out. Instead of being frightened and intimidated, I may enjoy the fact that I am an object of desire to both men and women. Women want me because I can relate and men want me because I am so HOT!!
Step out of the rain and out of the dark and enjoy being desirable.

ErikaFunGirl
10-26-2011, 06:02 PM
Gosh, my first time was also nerve wrecking. I practically ran home after walking just a few blocks from my apartment. I was so scared.