PDA

View Full Version : How old is everyone?

britney1
10-18-2005, 11:42 AM
I was just curious. I have seen a vast variety of ages amongst everyone I was just curious what the age spread actually was. So if everyone would oblige me in voting, I would appreciate it. OH, how old were you when you admitted to yourself you were a crossdresser and what led you to that conclusion?

Amelia Moxon
10-18-2005, 12:18 PM
...21, 22 this November.

Hugs
Amelia

Shelly Preston
10-18-2005, 12:19 PM
Hi
I think I always knew that somewhere someday, I would find the correct title. What it was going to be, I was not sure, but finally I knew

Crossdresser ( and happy with the title ).

JoAnnDallas
10-18-2005, 12:21 PM
Now this is a interesting poll. Looks like a lot of us are either baby boomers or post baby boomers. I hope that is not the only two generations of CD's LOL

JennyBeth
10-18-2005, 12:25 PM
'Lo Britney,
I real human (blokey) years I'm 57 (ssshhh) but in my just emerging from the closet girlie years I'm 5??? going on 25. I missed all my girly growing up time from my late teens on so although I may dress conservatively (horrid word!) in my head I'm ready for fun and determined to have some (eventually).
Hugs 'n stuff,
Jenny xxxx

Stephanie Kay
10-18-2005, 12:32 PM
Now this is a interesting poll. Looks like a lot of us are either baby boomers or post baby boomers. I hope that is not the only two generations of CD's LOL

Yes, Joann, at this early stage I'm surprised that CDs are older. Or maybe we're just around the house more during the day.:rolleyes: Let's see what the totals are after a full day or two!:)

cdcheryl
10-18-2005, 12:40 PM
my drab self is 43 i started cdinng at about 12-13 so Cheryl is only 30

Natalie x
10-18-2005, 01:04 PM
:( Just had my 61st birthday :(

But, in my life as a crossdresser, I'm still in the pooping nappies stage, less than one year old.

Brenda Elizabeth
10-18-2005, 01:39 PM
When I started 'crossdressing' I had never heard of the word. All I remember is wishing I could be a girl and wear all those lovely frilly undies, dresses, lipstick and mascara, like I still do, and that was 60 years ago.

love
Brenda XXX

Marlena Dahlstrom
10-18-2005, 01:40 PM
I've been celebrating the anniversary of my 39th birthday for two years now -- and plan to keep doing so until I'm ready to start celebrating the anniversary of my 49th. :D

Deborah
10-18-2005, 02:00 PM
Amy is only 24...My male body is just a little older. ;)

Tamara Croft
10-18-2005, 02:11 PM
Does 'everyone' include us GG's ?

Deborah
10-18-2005, 02:17 PM

Why not? The banner says for Crossdressers and their admirers right?

Tamara Croft
10-18-2005, 02:20 PM
Well yeah, but I don't want to vote on a poll that's specifically for the CD's ;) I know it says 'everyone' but.... well.... u know :D

MarinaTwelve200
10-18-2005, 02:30 PM
Yes, Joann, at this early stage I'm surprised that CDs are older. Or maybe we're just around the house more during the day.:rolleyes: Let's see what the totals are after a full day or two!:)

Im 56 myself. It seems that CDing is more popular in people who were in puberty in times of relatively greater degrees of sexual dimorphisim---in clothing, etc.

James Mictchner the author, makes this observation in reguards to afganistan---where the differences between the sexes in clothing and manner are extreme.---An entire class of CDs take the place of women in social situations.----This holds true in many countries with high sexual dimorphisim, according to him.

There appear to be "Peaks" in CD age numbers in the US--- for those who grew up in the 50's and early 60's--where the dimorphisim was more extreme than more recent times. Looking at the later peaks, the late 70's and early 80's also suggest a CD influence on kids.

Dragster
10-18-2005, 02:39 PM
Perhaps we should have a separate poll for GGs. I suspect there will be very few older GGs (around my own age of 60+) who frequent this site. Most of those who grew up in the 40s, 50s and 60s may not even be aware that CDs exist, let alone be interested (or computer literate) enough to log onto this site. The younger GGs (that does include you Tamara!) may be more tolerant and interested in new experiences to embrace the subject and accept or even encourage a CDing SO. There's only one way to find out, but I'll put my money on a CDers poll being skewed towards the higher ages, and a GG's poll skewed to the younger ages.
If so, I'll need to think about swapping my wife for a younger model, if I want a CD supporter! Only kidding! I wouldn't swap her for the world; just wish I could get her to accept one part of me that she's been unwilling to consider fior a long time now, but I'm still working on that!

Tony

britney1
10-18-2005, 03:08 PM
Of course it does. I just wanted to see what the average age of our users was.

Stormgirl
10-18-2005, 03:09 PM
old,give me my walker and oxygen mask sonny

Joanne08
10-18-2005, 03:22 PM
I'm 53 and I acknowledged my CDing about 30 years ago. No matter which way you look at it, I'm middle-aged.:( Oh Gawd, Oh Gawd!!

Cassandra Marie
10-18-2005, 04:17 PM
I'm 41 until next month and I remember being attracted to women's clothing from a very early age. 7, maybe 8 years old I would guess it was. I finally admitted to being a crossdresser at the ripe old age of 17. I assume that like most of us I did have a few mental battles with myself along the way and thought that maybe it was just a phase. Well here I am all those years later and I dress now more than ever and I love it. I can honestly say that I will not stop dressing until I'm dead and gone. I have however found a way to continue to dress even after my passing. In my Last Will and Testament, I have requested that I be buried in my favorite wedding gown which I have all boxed up and preserved for when that day finally comes.

Kisses,

Cassandra

Marla
10-18-2005, 04:26 PM
Since I started 50 years ago, I guess it doesn't matter.

freshfrankie
10-18-2005, 04:32 PM
I'm 55 years old and just came iut to my wife of 25 years. I've never felt better. But my wife Mini? Well, lets just say her response was less than supportive. Big hugs to all of you ladies!

Love
Jeannie

PS- Lyle Lovett song"If I were the man that she wanted, I would not be the man that I am."

Jodi
10-18-2005, 08:42 PM
I am 60 years old. Told by gg's that I look 40 when dressed. My good friend Laura, with whom I go out often, just turned 70 in November. She is told by gg's that she looks 50'ish when dressed.

Jodi

Sazzle
10-18-2005, 08:44 PM
I'm 21. been dressing on and off for as long as I can remember, but only really realised about a year ago

kyra
10-18-2005, 08:47 PM
I used to be a "thirty something" gal, but I now say with pride, Oh lordy, Kyra's 40! :D

Holly
10-18-2005, 09:26 PM
59 next month... and not looking too bad, if I do say so mysef!

Anima-87-388
10-18-2005, 10:11 PM
I'm 18 years old and no one takes what I say seriously :( :mad: :(

gennee
10-18-2005, 10:21 PM
I am 57 and I admitted I am a crossdresser this past July.

Gennee:rose2:

Stacie Stockman
10-18-2005, 10:30 PM
31, and I first dressed fully on my birthday back in March...

robyn1114
10-18-2005, 10:58 PM
I'm still debating if I'm a CD or TS

VickyTan_81
10-18-2005, 11:09 PM
I'm 24 and only recently started expressing my feminine side a few months ago :)

michellejean
10-18-2005, 11:17 PM
i am 63yrs young. i feel like i am 53 yrs young.i can still dance in 5 inch highheels. i still run 3 miles each day.and do 10 sit ups each day and 10 push ups each day and 10 chin ups each day and sex at least 3 to 4 times a week.michelle jean.(mrs highheels)

Rachel Morley
10-18-2005, 11:23 PM
I'm 42. I first knew I was "different" from other boys at 9. It wasn't until I was 16 that I started to realize that it might be "sexually connected" (whatever that means) and really it wasn't until I was 25 that I had a name for it...crossdresser.

Acceptance of myself only came 4 years ago.

uknowhoo
10-19-2005, 12:04 AM
41 yrs young, dressing since 12.

Fionax
10-19-2005, 01:39 AM
Well somebody has to break the sound barrier..... this old girl was 73 on Sunday, same engine but bodywork looking a bit crazed.

Hugs to all you kids,

Granny Fiona

Toni
10-19-2005, 02:45 AM
i am 63yrs young. i feel like i am 53 yrs young.i can still dance in 5 inch highheels. i still run 3 miles each day.and do 10 sit ups each day and 10 push ups each day and 10 chin ups each day and sex at least 3 to 4 times a week.michelle jean.(mrs highheels)
Oh My God! Now I really feel old, run three miles a day, I can just about run my bath, chin ups? push ups? they'd bloody kill me. Oh by the way I'm 63 also and I just came out in January this year.

RachelDenise
10-19-2005, 05:03 AM
48 but feel younger!

jessbcuzz
10-19-2005, 05:18 AM
I'm 30. I've known all my life that I had the urge to crossdress. Throughout that time, it's been mostly odds and ends, sneaking stuff on for about an hour. The last 5 years, I started to do it more and more when I realized it was a part of me. About the last year, I've realized there is nothing to be ashamed about and have been open for the most part.

britney1
10-19-2005, 09:05 AM
I am 26. The first thing I can remember doing thast I would consider girly is when I was about 5, I shaved my legs. I wanted to be like "mommy". I guess you could say that maybe it was a hint of edipal complex. Or the begining of crossdressing. I guess on occasion throughout adolesence i would sneak some of my moms clothes and makeup. But my big obcession was with lipstick (still is). I just love sexy full colored lips. I have only recently admitted to myself that I am a crossdresser. I can't stand the word Transvestite though. I guess it would be like calling a gay guy a homo or fag or calling a lesbian a dyke my mind.

arula
10-19-2005, 09:15 AM
I'm 18 years old and no one takes what I say seriously :( :mad: :(

I'm just so jealous your 18, If I knew then what I...... well you know

arula
10-19-2005, 09:22 AM
Five Zero. 1 regret I have. Not realizing my potential in music and my femininity. but, It was, "Up to me" ( Jethro Tull) Where was this Damn website when I was 18 HUH?:eek: :rolleyes: :D Kisses, Arula. (love you girls)

BonnieJG
10-19-2005, 09:38 AM
Hello all
I'm 52 and I just love dressing up around the house. I've been dress now for about 5 years fulley whem I young about 19 I would try on a bra or too Now I get dress all the way

I see most of the people are in there 49 to 55 ?

Fallen Angel
10-19-2005, 12:34 PM
well I hate to even tell you how old i am but im 46 and ive been doing this so long now i forget xx

ambermicd
10-19-2005, 02:20 PM
I'm 23... been dressing fully for like 5yrs since i got to college... i gotta get my butt out of the house soon!

Katie Lynn
10-19-2005, 02:27 PM
I'm 21. been dressing on and off for as long as I can remember, but only really realised about a year ago

:thumbsup: exact same here...

TGMarla
10-19-2005, 02:29 PM
I'm 45. That makes me only 33 as a woman, I guess, since I started when I was 12. Or something like that. My age really doesn't bother me at all. We can't do anything about aging, really, so why let it bother you?

melissacd
10-19-2005, 02:57 PM
I am 6.71 in dog years which makes me feel young - but in human years I am 47 :eek: which makes me feel freakin old. I have been dabbling at dressing since I was 10 and some day I hope that I will finally get serious about it :rolleyes:

kristine239
10-19-2005, 02:59 PM
Maybe I'm the Grandma on this board. Just turned 74 last Monday and still dress everyday and go out at least once a week.

Age has nothing to do with what we like. I have many CD friends that are older than I and one is 93.

Love to all

Kristine

Stephanie Kay
10-19-2005, 05:19 PM
Well somebody has to break the sound barrier..... this old girl was 73 on Sunday, same engine but bodywork looking a bit crazed.
Hugs to all you kids,Granny Fiona

Granny Fiona, Wow! :eek: I hope I look that good when I am your age. Only 15 years to go!! Nicely done, sweetheart!:thumbsup:

Stephanie Kay
10-19-2005, 05:28 PM
Ah, It does my heart proud to see my age group (56-60) with the greatest percentage of CDs and overall almost half are over 45. At first I was surprised, but now I think we must just mellow out and become much more comfortable in our skin AND clothes as we get older! Don't fret young ones! You get better as you get older!!

Vivian Best
10-19-2005, 05:34 PM
If age makes you wise, then I must be a genius. Let's just say that I'm on Medicare and you automatically go on it at 65. Sooo, I'm older that that. I did check the 60> box.

Vivian:rose2:

Elaine Taylor
10-19-2005, 05:43 PM
I'm 58 and most of my life I have wanted to wear girls clothes but tried to cure myself, now I just love to be dressed and accept that it is me, does that make sense.

LOL Elaine

Marlena Dahlstrom
10-19-2005, 05:51 PM
Actually Stephanie, late transitioning TS tend to be in their late 30s/early 40s, and on other CD forums I've noticed a lot people in that age range. Probably a couple causes:

If you've got kids, they're old enough where you've got some time to yourself again and can pay more attention to your CD/TG feelings.

You realize those feelings aren't going to go away.

Men in general tend to "soften" around that age, partly in reaction to the impending mid-life crisis. So if you're already predisposed to feeling "femme" those feelings are probably reinforced.

Speaking of mid-life crisis, SOs should see CDing as a blessing, since instead of going out and getting ourselves a young bimbo, we just get her clothes. ;)

Michelle108
10-19-2005, 06:08 PM
I'm 55. First started dressing when I was 12.
Didn't dress fully (clothes, wig, makeup) until I was 18.By that time I'd realised I was not unique, and was able to accept myself.
I love being a CD!

Michelle

Stephanie Kay
10-20-2005, 05:45 PM
Actually Stephanie, late transitioning TS tend to be in their late 30s/early 40s, and on other CD forums I've noticed a lot people in that age range. Probably a couple causes:

If you've got kids, they're old enough where you've got some time to yourself again and can pay more attention to your CD/TG feelings.

You realize those feelings aren't going to go away.

Men in general tend to "soften" around that age, partly in reaction to the impending mid-life crisis. So if you're already predisposed to feeling "femme" those feelings are probably reinforced.

;)

Thanks, Darla. I think another reason may be that CDing all the way is a fairly expensive proposition (keeping two wardrobes and all!). So older CDs probably have more disposable income also. What do you think?

Marlena Dahlstrom
10-20-2005, 08:04 PM
Makes sense Stephanie given my wardrobe. Darla has expensive tastes. ;)

jessiemillard
10-20-2005, 10:28 PM
19 so i guess im one of the younger ones, been crossdressing on and off all my life

lee james
10-21-2005, 03:33 AM
I,m 46 and remember wearing my first pair of frilly white nylon panties-actually they belonged to a friend of my parents daughter who '' loaned them to me,although she wasnt aware she did,-when I was about six years old.
So I guess I,m about 40.
Still love wearing panties!
My wife tells me Lee looks early 30s dressed.:)

Georgina
10-21-2005, 03:54 AM
I'm 53. Started dressing at 7-8yrs old and decided late 20s early 30s that I would never stop. Have been happy with it since. Georgina

Falcor
10-21-2005, 09:10 AM
Alright a girl has to be honest,56. When did i start?,about 12,why?,weare born thatway,my much older sisters'pink lace panties played a part as well. h'mmmmm wonder what happened to them.

britney1
10-22-2005, 06:53 PM
I was just curious what is behind these number. I mean, I find it very interesting that the around 55% of people in the forum are 45 and older. Why aren't there younger people in the forum? Only 16% of people are under the age of 30. Why are the majority of CD'ers older? Is it a socialogical factor such as there are just more people of that age? (i.e. the babyboom) I was just curious about your opinions.

Sharon
10-22-2005, 07:02 PM
I was just curious what is behind these number. I mean, I find it very interesting that the around 55% of people in the forum are 45 and older. Why aren't there younger people in the forum? Only 16% of people are under the age of 30. Why are the majority of CD'ers older? Is it a socialogical factor such as there are just more people of that age? (i.e. the babyboom) I was just curious about your opinions.

Maybe for the same reason young people don't vote in general elections?:rolleyes:

KathrynW
10-22-2005, 07:06 PM
I'm 53 and I acknowledged my CDing about 30 years ago. No matter which way you look at it, I'm middle-aged.:( Oh Gawd, Oh Gawd!!
wow...you're gonna live to be 106? :rolleyes:

geegee2
10-22-2005, 07:56 PM
Ive been dressing as far back as I can remember, got 5 sisters,and have never had boys underwear on. Im very happy as I am and I go out in public all the time cause I am just being me love kisses hugs GeeGee2

ladyfydiana
10-22-2005, 07:58 PM
I was just curious. I have seen a vast variety of ages amongst everyone I was just curious what the age spread actually was. So if everyone would oblige me in voting, I would appreciate it. OH, how old were you when you admitted to yourself you were a crossdresser and what led you to that conclusion?Britney lets just say I am older than 40.:rolleyes: I did use my real age when I did your poll.:D

Good thread.:)

Diana

margaret
10-26-2005, 03:07 PM
I'm 59 and spending more and more time dressed. Working toward retirement as a little old lady !!

Margaret

Gale R
10-26-2005, 06:37 PM
I'm a young 47 IMO :D , played dress up when i was a little kid and haven't been able to get out of the habit (thank god).
It does seem a little odd that the majority of us are children of the 50's & 60's, could it come from the fact that when you were really young (babies) boys and girls were both wearing dresses, could that have stayed in your subconcious since then.
I'm no Sigmund Freud, but it does seem odd to me.:D

Luv ya, Gale.:p

cathy b
10-27-2005, 06:08 AM
58 in drab 35 as cathy

hug s

Sam-antha
11-05-2005, 02:46 PM
I've been around in this shape for 75 years. Weight unchanged, tastes changing all the time. Except for this dressing thing.
Mind, when I was of that age when youth could look female, without makeup etc, I did not know that CD existed ! (My photo is without makeup, just a quickie that was)
Besides at that age it was all that my career and freedom were worth not to be out in any sense. I think that is the answer to Gale's pondering.
Later I realised that I was probably not the only guy with such feelings. Thanks to the net there are others to chat with. I found this corner only last month, love it and you.
Do not need to go searching for another place.

Lilith Moon
11-05-2005, 06:07 PM
I shall be 60 in a few weeks. First hazy memories of CDing..must have been around five years old but I have spent long periods in denial, interspersed with CD "active" periods.

Still physically fit, my weight is the same as in my 30's and I regularly do off-road runs, sit-ups, press-ups etc. Did a five miler today :) Pity about the balding and wrinkles, though :(

Mental agility is still good...part of my income is from developing Windows software.

Emotional state ? Crap, but that is for another thread.

MandyTS
11-05-2005, 06:29 PM
23 years old, been wearing female clothing since my earliest memories, 5 or 6 years old, wanted to be changed for a boy to girl as early as maybe 8 or 9 years old and finally I knew what a transexual was at about 10 year old and about 11 knew I would be a girl someday.

BTW I look like I am about 17 - 18 years old MAX... long story

Eileen
11-05-2005, 06:42 PM
Sam-antha

Girl do you have some secret to looking so young or is it the sea breeze that makes the women of Scotland look so young and pretty? Being a girl seems to have a positive effect on all of us. I would not be near as cheerful, if I were an old man.

Eileen

Kimberly
11-05-2005, 08:27 PM
In my Last Will and Testament, I have requested that I be buried in my favorite wedding gown which I have all boxed up and preserved for when that day finally comes.
I hope you'll tell those that bury you, first ;)

xx

Faye Emmette
11-05-2005, 08:53 PM
I am 55.
Stages in life.
Beginning at about 12 but recently my bruvver and sister were joking about when we were kids and they'd dress me up in girlie stuff but I was too young to remember.
When I joined up I was so much ina rush I stuuttered on the '5' key and left it as I didn'y think I'd be so seriously involved with this life-changing site.

Deidra Cowen
11-06-2005, 08:19 AM
43 :eek:

Jasmine Ellis
11-06-2005, 09:17 AM
I was just curious. I have seen a vast variety of ages amongst everyone I was just curious what the age spread actually was. So if everyone would oblige me in voting, I would appreciate it. OH, how old were you when you admitted to yourself you were a crossdresser and what led you to that conclusion?
:hello: I'm Jassmin, I'm 44 going on 45 been dressing since 14. Notice my sisters clohtes in her bed room floor and tryed them on. In myself wearing them felt wonderful. Bra, thong, high heels, a mini skirt, and a white top made me feel good inside. As time went by I was dressing up more and more when I was alone. And going to school in my sisters underwear each day made me get up happy and not to think, God, a school day.

Sam-antha
11-06-2005, 03:09 PM
Hi Eileen,
Thank you with a bundle for quite the nicest thing I have seen for some time...
I would also be an unhappy man, but I have two selfs and both are happy together.
I doubt the sea breeze, I left that 15 years ago and I still look the same, but I still clutch the driftwood. Probably that clutching has made me a trifle thinner, but if does not show, or does it ?

Big hug for the thought.