PDA

View Full Version : Guilt about not dressing up as much as you can.

MackenzieMarigold
10-26-2011, 08:11 PM
Does anyone else ever get this? Whenever I go too long without dressing up I feel awful, like I'm not being me. Like some days I have the opportunity to dress up, I'll have hours alone, but I just don't do it for whatever reason.

I end up feeling like an ugly boy when I do that but some days I just don't have the motivation to dress up at all.

Is this some weird thing or do any of you get it too?

Anne2345
10-26-2011, 08:24 PM
Every time I dress, I thoroughly enjoy myself and love the moment. It is my opportunity to be me. The opportunity, however, does not come along nearly as much as I would like. Not even close. So when it does, I try with my all to make the most of it. And really, by "try," I mean just "be," to the exclusion of all else, and just simply allow myself to flow freely into what I perceive to be femininity. Every time the experience is magical, mystical, wonderful, and absolutely necessary.

So when I go "too long" without dressing, it is awful. It is depressing. And it is stressful. But the joy of the moment, and during the time that I am able to be me, makes it all worth it.

MackenzieMarigold
10-26-2011, 08:25 PM
Oh Anne, always a way with words =)

You summed it up perfectly.

Debglam
10-26-2011, 08:26 PM
Hi Mackenzie,

Not guilt but I do feel down. Get up in the morning, put on a suit and tie, and if I'm feeling bold, maybe a bright tie or colored shirt. Look in the mirror and lament the options I could have if I was dressing as Debby. C'est la vie.

Kinda like this (thanks to the wonderful sister Kyra Kelly, artist of Lexy Tranner, Weekend CD - a regular feature on the TGForum.com):

t-girlxsophie
10-26-2011, 09:00 PM
Im lucky that I havent went more than a week without dressing,but even in that short space of time I get itchy feet and start to badly miss Dressing,but I know it wont be long till Sophie returns

Sophie

Susan_Xdress
10-26-2011, 11:52 PM
I have often thought that regardless of the reasons, cross-dressing is like an addiction. In that light, yes, I suffer withdrawal symptoms when I cannot dress for a while.
For all those practical reasons of work etc. I also cannot dress to the max and go out whenever I want. So I do what I can to stay in touch with that other person we carry around with us. I call that my ‘Susan’ time. I can wear a skirt and undies around home which I can quickly cover or remove if someone unexpected shows up on the doorstep. You can’t do that if you are in full make-up, heels, hose and dress.
It can’t ever replace being fully en-femme and walking the streets with my skirt/ dress blowing around my legs … but it helps.

VioletJourney
10-27-2011, 12:14 AM
I suppose I'd feel guilty for being too lazy to dress up when I have the urge and the opportunity. Any missed opportunity to truly enjoy life, really. I have no compulsion though.

docrobbysherry
10-27-2011, 12:31 AM
Guilt from NOT DRESSING!? Ha ha ha ha!

I have plenty of guilt; from dressing AND being online here. Because my house, yard, cars, garages, office, and pretty much EVERYTHING else gets neglected!

But, guilt from NOT Dressing? Ha ha ha! Good one!

christina s
10-27-2011, 12:37 AM
This probably sounds weird but when i didn't have any clothes or makeup i would beat myself up about it but now that i've built up an okay collection i maybe dress once every two weeks or a month .

DanaR
10-27-2011, 12:42 AM
I seem to talk myself out dressing, even though I should dress more. I'll decide that it is going to be a nice day tomorrow and I need to get some work done instead. It seems like I frustrate myself fairly easy. My wife is always wondering why I do that.

I went out yesterday, for the first time in a year. I made an appointment for next week, hopefully I'll follow through.

Kathy4ever
10-27-2011, 02:41 AM
I would not say quilty but depressed. I want the make up and all nine yards but seems for the past 4 months I wear everything fem. This includes, panties,girl shorts, capris , woman tanks evven a few with the built in bra. I now have to build my fem winter wardrobe now. I have two womans jeans, black pants, yoga pants and now i have added a suede lounge set, couple long sleeve woamns shirts.

jillleanne
10-27-2011, 05:39 AM
Not guilty I wouldn't say but maybe frustrated.

Karren H
10-27-2011, 06:09 AM
Then what do you feel after you dress? Anxiety? personally I don't feel much of anything any more. If I get the chance. Fine. If not that's fine too. I've got so much going on that's more important. Now if I don't play ice hockey for a while. I fell really really. FAT!! Lol.

KrystalA
10-27-2011, 06:26 AM
Although I wear panties 24/7, I sometimes just can't fully dress due to circumstances. When those situations occur more than a couple of days in a row I get a bit depressed, but then I start looking forward to the next day, mentally choosing the outfit I'll wear, and that helps perk me up some. But feeling guilty? Nope.

Cheryl T
10-27-2011, 07:57 AM
I used to feel that way...depressed and upset about not having the opportunity to dress or missing an opportunity.
Since I came out to my wife about 8 years ago and after much discussion found that she is very supportive (love you hun) it's been so much different. She has given me the green light to dress whenever I please. At first I told her that that might mean every day and she said that was fine. Now I find that's not so much the case but sometimes I do try to take every chance I have.
We go out together and it's actually flip flopped. There are times we will go out shopping and to dinner and then I'll ask what she wants to do and there's actually nothing that we really do want to do so I'll say then let's just go home. She will be the one to get a little depressed, feeling that she is depriving me of some time dressed. I've told her that doesn't matter as I can dress at home whenever I want so there's no real loss. So it's gone from me "stealing" time for myself to her wanting to give me more time.
She's the best....Love her so.

Jenny Doolittle
10-27-2011, 08:48 AM
Cheryl, What a wonderful wife, I hope I get to that point some day. Karen, Giggles, has traded dressing with hockey?

I think we all miss what makes us feel good and comfortable, Call it depression, call it an addiction, or what ever but it is something that just makes us feel good about ourself.

kimdl93
10-27-2011, 08:57 AM
My day to day is a little differnt from many, since I dress nearly full time at home (and work from home!!). I will admit to feeling a little annoyed when I have to change back into male mode, for work or other situations and get downright grumpy when I have to travel in male mode.

xristy
10-27-2011, 09:10 AM
When I don't get to dress when I want to, which is not as often as I would like, I get to where I can't stop thinking about it until I do. Sometimes it becomes too much and other things in my life suffer. I don't think it is depression, but more anxiety? When I finally do get to dress, it is a great release of the anxiety and everything returns to "normal" at least for the moment.

Xristy

TGMarla
10-27-2011, 09:13 AM
Look, if you don't want to dress, then don't. Be you, whether that's femme or homme. Guilt shouldn't ever enter into it, unless you're dressing at the cost of taking care of obligations. When you don't feel like dressing, it's your soul telling you it needs some down time to just be you. That's not a bad thing. The clothes will wait for you, and be there when you want them.

Jenniferpl
10-27-2011, 09:33 AM
Feeling of guitl have never been an issue but I do think about dressing often, which leads to frustration.

Just Elizabeth
10-27-2011, 10:05 AM
This probably sounds weird but when i didn't have any clothes or makeup i would beat myself up about it but now that i've built up an okay collection i maybe dress once every two weeks or a month .

Christina,

It sounds like you've reached a level of security with your dressing.. You have enough of a "stash" that you don't feel the pressure of thinking you don't have the right tools in your collection to achieve what you want. Now that you have the security, it doesn't have to be such an overwhelming need, and you can enjoy the benefits of pre-planning. It's like having enough food in the larder.. You decide what you want to create that evening, and away you go!! You don't get so frustrated with your larder that you have to call for pizza delivery every night. :) Pizza, while wonderful, is boring night after night.

Just Elizabeth

Loni
10-27-2011, 10:10 AM
no it sounds normal. but then i do not have that problem, as i dress every day, even on my hunting trip last mo, no nobody else knows loni. but every night i slept in a nightie, all undies and most outer clothing was from the lady's dept.

so i say dress every day. you will feel better. it is better than eating a apple a day. but you can do both. :-)