PDA

View Full Version : Skin tones and cosmetics.

Carmen
10-27-2011, 03:37 PM
After years of frustration and mixing and matching many brands of concealers and complexions, I finally arrived at the ultimate brand...Dermablend.
I had read on the web about their breakthrough line of complexion products and decided to try them out.
I was in Vegas for a few days and learned that Dillards carried their products. I needed to exchange a body briefer anyways. The gal at the counter was intriqued by a male shopping for cosmetics, she barely understood what dressing meant but I talked her through it all.
She matched my facial tones perfectly...there I sat in the cosmetics counter with women of all sorts everywhere, but I remained focused as she continued doing my face.When she was done I was totally amazed at how even and natural that my face looked, and with only one product applicaation! SOLD!!!
Next I asked about the line of arm and leg skin tone corrector tatoo cover and she produced the 'Bronzer' line/ She applied it to my arm where that tan lin ends and my lighter shoulder skin tone begins.
Another miracle as my arms were less darker and matched my bare shoulders which will now match when I wear a tank top.
Needless to say I am 1000% happy with my new skin tones, the rest of the day was spent en femme, I look and feel better as my face arms and shoulders all match!

Toni Citara
10-27-2011, 03:42 PM
I'm still working on the right combo, and thanks to your post I will look up Dermablend.

marlaNYC
10-27-2011, 04:14 PM
i'd used dermablend before, as a tatto cover for a photoshoot. it worked well, but not brilliantly. then i heard they'd updated their line and, finding myself at Macy's, stopped by the counter. using tattoo cover as a pretext, the lady proceeded to obliterate one of my tats with a little dabbing and a creme cover. i was astounded! it became invisible, then i asked her about beard cover and she wiped the shadow out too, with a different hue, but the creme cover. glad you found it too - it's amazing stuff.

here's what i found most interesting though, and honestly, not something i'd really ever thought of. there are people who have serious facial blemishes - burns, scars, birthmarks - and this stuff allows those people to be absolutely beautiful and 'normal', which does wonders for their self esteem at some potentially terrifying social event - a wedding, for example. this cover creme has an invaluable place in life. i, for one, really appreciate the consideration for those less fortunate than those of us who are, after all, merely trying to conceal facial hair! :)

gabimartini
10-27-2011, 04:15 PM
I'm a Dermablend gal myself. When I first started using it the results were a little cakey. With time I got the hang of it. It's the only product which truly conceals that dreadful beard shadow of mine.

Cheryl T
10-28-2011, 12:00 PM
I've tried Dermablend and found it cakey.
I've tried Colortration and found it covers just as well without the cakey feel.
About a month ago I had a makeover at a Mac counter in a local Nordstroms and found that the makeup the SA used worked just as well, looked more natural and felt much lighter.
She began with an orange lipstick brushed over the beard area to offset the bluish color of the beard. Then a bit of concealer, followed by Studio Fix foundation and powder. They don't charge for the makeover, but you are expected to buy $50 in cosmetics. Since I needed more foundation and the Colortration is about $36 it was easy to do. I've posted some pics to show the process and results.
Now I'll stick to MAC and I can always get a color match just by asking. The people there were great and made me feel so welcome.

No more guess work trying to match my skin tone.

The first shot is without any makeup. The rest show the process and results.

http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/images/misc/pencil.png