PDA

View Full Version : School Bus

Intertwined
10-28-2011, 09:23 AM
Most of you know, or have figured out that I am a school bus driver (you all know now)

Yesterday I was picking up the boys water polo team at one of our high schools, the team always travels wearing a white button down dress shirt that has the school logo embroidered on it, and a tie with the school colors.

I had gotten to the school a bit early for the pick-up, so got out of my bus to visit with the team (sitting 8-10 hours in a bus is murder on the back)

At one point, I over hear a conversation between a couple of the players "yea, He always wears girls pants" You can imagine, time froze for me, Who? What? Where? :eek:

I look around, and sure enough, one of the team is wearing obvious women's Dickies pants. He also was wearing women's sneakers that had sequins on them.

I also hear this same student say "yea it's odd, but he's cool". About that time we start loading the bus, as the student in the Dickies gets on the bus, I wanted to say something, anything, but could only get out "Hi". I was worried anything I might say would embarrass him.

kristinacd55
10-28-2011, 09:25 AM
Cool story......I'm on my way to being a school bus driver as well. Dec. 9th for the big driving test :)

Karren H
10-28-2011, 09:59 AM
See. Everyone knows wearing women's pants is just wrong! Lol

Intertwined
10-28-2011, 10:40 AM
Cool story......I'm on my way to being a school bus driver as well. Dec. 9th for the big driving test :)

I've been driving a school bus for 14 years, the best advice I was ever given by a supervisor who recently retired, "don't ever loose your sense of humor, your going to need it" ie; driving down the highway with 45 kindergarters behind you, all with a attention span of about 15 seconds.

Joan_CD
10-28-2011, 01:46 PM
I drove a school bus on my days off and when I worked the evening shift for about 17 years. The little ones are loud but bearable, high schoolers just want to get home or are sleeping on the way in. But the middle schoolers... They at the ones that can test your patience. Hormones raging... voices cracking... trying so hard to show they are "cool". Yes, you definitely need a good sense of humor!!!

marlaNYC
10-28-2011, 03:08 PM
i think not saying anything was a better idea. the possible woes of you (potentially) being seen as a corrupter of youth...yikes, too scary to think about!

and @Karren, not for everyone :)

kristinacd55
10-28-2011, 03:20 PM
I drove a school bus on my days off and when I worked the evening shift for about 17 years. The little ones are loud but bearable, high schoolers just want to get home or are sleeping on the way in. But the middle schoolers... They at the ones that can test your patience. Hormones raging... voices cracking... trying so hard to show they are "cool". Yes, you definitely need a good sense of humor!!!

That's funny Joan, a woman who I know has been driving 3 years and she said the exact same thing you just did......:)

anonymousinmaryland
10-28-2011, 05:49 PM
Question for the male drivers: Just wondering: Do you dress while driving? Maybe bras n panties, pantyhose, or a girdle, or anything? Seems like an opportunity to wear something, being on your own, but yet, being around people all the time. Ladies, you wear men's clothing all the time. So males, do you dress while driving?

Loni
10-28-2011, 06:09 PM
i would drive a school bus...if only i could have a unlimited supply of duct tape and be allowed to use it.

so i guess i will stick to frozen foods.

Christina Horton
10-28-2011, 09:36 PM

Ya ya Karren we all know you love jeans.

JohnH
10-28-2011, 09:55 PM

I agree! One should wear pants only when dressed en homme! (Of which I do most of the time with the cooler weather!)

Johanna

Cynthia Anne
10-28-2011, 10:59 PM
Love your story! Some times it's best not to say anything! This being one of those times! Hugs!

Josephine
10-28-2011, 11:14 PM
I think you did the absolute best thing. No good would have come from any comment.

Intertwined
10-29-2011, 12:28 AM
Question for the male drivers: Just wondering: Do you dress while driving?

I do not, and my supervisor has asked (very nicely) that I not blur the gender divide while driving, and I agreed with her reasons, I am one of our more popular bus drivers, and I don't want the kids wondering why someone they look up to is dressing the way I am (these kids have enough troubles). Although, several students have seen me dressed when I am not at work, then later see me on the bus and ask "no skirt today?" I just reply "nope, not today". The supervisors do not mind, when I am stuck at the yard doing desk work, if I wear a skirt and heels, and I have done it several times.

Saw something today that just has me Flabbergasted :eek:, NO child should fear for they're own safety, Especially from another child, I saw this banner at one of our other High Schools (we have 6 high schools) today when I was picking up a Football team.

sharli61
10-30-2011, 09:45 PM
Question for the male drivers: Just wondering: Do you dress while driving? Maybe bras n panties, pantyhose, or a girdle, or anything? Seems like an opportunity to wear something, being on your own, but yet, being around people all the time. Ladies, you wear men's clothing all the time. So males, do you dress while driving?

why change the normal dress-- driving for 30 years off and on. very muted, under and maybe jeans and hose, sometimes forms(small)