PDA

View Full Version : About that COGIATI test.....

TGMarla
10-18-2005, 05:36 PM
Hi again, ladies!

As we are all probably aware, there is a rather popular and current posting here about the COGIATI test. If you don't know what I'm talking about, it's listed as "What's your T Score? Chocolateboygirl had just found it, but I think that most of us have been aware of it for years. Most of us have probably taken it more than once. I took it again this morning, because it has been a few years since I bothered with it. I got a 120, which didn't surprise me at all.

I've been away from home for over a month. It was nice in a way, because I got to dress every day if I felt like it. Now that I am home, I'll have to cool it a bit. But my back yard looked like it hadn't been mowed the entire time I was away. The grass was so tall, you could have played Jumanji in it. (Ha, ha, Marla, that's a good one! Jumanji....) While I was out there mowing it, I got to thinking about that test, and I got a little exasperated. See, I think there's a real fundimental flaw with the test and the way the transgender community reacts to it

I've visited a lot of personal websites, and I'll bet most of you have, too. A lot of girls mention their COGIATI score, and they act like, "See? That proves what a girl I am!" But let's face it. It's not a very scientific study. First of all, it only has 65 questions, hardly enough to make an in-depth analysis of someone's psyche. Furthermore, it is presented with a pretty pink background, so we can all feel more feminine when we take it. Whereas the questions, themselves, are for the most part pertinent, meaning they are what you would expect from such a study, the multiple choice answers are easy to manipulate. It's obvious which of the answers is the more "female" answer and which is gravitating towards the "male".

I have read a lot of bio's that suggest that the person featured in the website is trying hard to convince themselves that they are transexual, like that's the ultimate prize for the transgendered individual. They take the COGIATI test, click on all the more female answers, score something like a 290 or 300, and proclaim that their search for answers is over. "See? I'm a transexual! I just knew it!!!!!" The only way to get any kind of straight answer from that test is to be brutally honest with it. Did you really play house as a little boy? Or did you actually like your Tonka trucks and build tree forts. Be honest. Did you play baseball and football, or did you have tea and jump rope with your Barbies looking on?

I'd like to see how a few (or a few dozen) genetic girls score on that test. Since they aren't out to prove how feminine they are, I'm willing to bet that a large number of them would score squarely in the androgynous zone, too. And that's not in any way a knock on their womanhood. I just think that most people have both female and male personas somewhere inside of them, and that a certain level of androgeny inhabits us all.

Okay, I'm through spouting. I hope I didn't offend anyone, because that is absolutely not my intention. But I'm looking forward to the feedback.

Toodles,
Marla

Kimberly
10-18-2005, 06:01 PM
Did you really play house as a little boy? Or did you actually like your Tonka trucks and build tree forts.
... Play house. :(

Did you play baseball and football, or did you have tea and jump rope with your Barbies looking on?
Erm... played football, then played with other people's barbies.

Be honest.
I am!!!! ... no word of a lie. But I don't really care, I noticed these things about myself without a stupid test. PLUS - Don't trust anything you read on the internet; not 100% anyway.

christine55
10-18-2005, 06:04 PM
There were also many questions that were ambiguous such as do you carry things in your pockets. If we are not already transsexuals of course we do.
I would not think much of any professional who used the results from that test to determine a persons suitability for srs.
Hugs, Christine
Sorry , I was mistaken about that particular question, that was on another test.
I still feel that there were alot of questions that you would answer differently when dressed than when not drressed. Also, it is very easy to tell which answers are the feminine answers making it very easy to get the score you want
Hugs, Christine

Deborah
10-18-2005, 06:06 PM
I know a lot of "society's definition of normal" males that wouldn't attempt to back their car into a tight spot too. Don't want to get the doors dinged. Common sense to me not a male female issue.

TGMarla
10-18-2005, 06:45 PM
Right on the money, AmyT. Dead center. Nice avatar, btw.

Deborah
10-18-2005, 07:24 PM
Right on the money, AmyT. Dead center. Nice avatar, btw.

TY very much. You look very pretty in yours also. Pink and black go very well together. :D

JulieNY
10-18-2005, 09:12 PM
Marla,

I have some of your concerns with the test, too. You can take the test and get the answer you're looking for. Even worse, you can use the results in lieu of introspection, and fail to take responsibility for your own gender identity. tsroadmap has a satire of the test here: http://www.tsroadmap.com/wisdom/dianati.html :)

I scored as a probable transsexual, as did my GG. I don't recall the actual numbers.

Stephanie Kay
10-19-2005, 05:39 PM
Hi again, ladies!
I'd like to see how a few (or a few dozen) genetic girls score on that test. Since they aren't out to prove how feminine they are, I'm willing to bet that a large number of them would score squarely in the androgynous zone, too. And that's not in any way a knock on their womanhood. I just think that most people have both female and male personas somewhere inside of them, and that a certain level of androgeny inhabits us all.
Toodles,
Marla

My wife took the COGIATI with me and we were both in the androgynous zone. She's not into the frilly, girly look, but wears very comfortable, soft flowing clothes!! So I think you are right on, Marla.

So why the difference in what we want to wear? I think in my case I dress more like my Mom would have dressed at 58 and Suzanne is comfortable in her own skin and clothes! BTW, she wouldn't dress the way I dress but at least she thinks I look appropriate for my age and accepts that I am not making a fool of myself!! I love her for that!

Sarahgurl371
10-19-2005, 06:28 PM
My wife took it as well while we were in on of those "try it periods". She scored androgenous and so did I. Anybody else find the questions kind of demeaning towards the more obvious female answers?

Robertacd
10-19-2005, 07:31 PM
Yeah, thease test are so phony. There must be a better way than tests that have such obvious male and female responces. It's kind of like one of the "how much does your man love you" tests you always hear about in womens magazines.

BTW: I always end up somwhere in the androgynous area when I answer honestly.