PDA

View Full Version : I Made It This Far

scottie autumn marie
10-28-2011, 04:24 PM
Ive made it this far in my life, so easy it seems, but it isnt. Ive lived with gender identity disorder my entire life, from childhood until now. My family has given me only little support, mostly from my mother and sisters. It seems so hard to explain things to them because not even i understand this. I have tried so hard to. I have times of extreme sadness and dismal thoughts enter my head. Im hoping to meet others who have been though this, though I am very shy about it.
One of the things I've dealt with is the awful sadness of feeling so isolated and snared. Feeling terrible because I want people to see this woman that I deserve to be and have really always been spiritually. Im hopeful that things will work out for me. Thanks for reading this.

Zenith
10-28-2011, 04:40 PM
I've been through it too and came out the other side. Nice to meet you. :hugs:

Jennifer529
10-28-2011, 04:43 PM
Ive made it this far in my life, so easy it seems, but it isnt. Ive lived with gender identity disorder my entire life, from childhood until now. My family has given me only little support, mostly from my mother and sisters. It seems so hard to explain things to them because not even i understand this. I have tried so hard to. I have times of extreme sadness and dismal thoughts enter my head. Im hoping to meet others who have been though this, though I am very shy about it.
One of the things I've dealt with is the awful sadness of feeling so isolated and snared. Feeling terrible because I want people to see this woman that I deserve to be and have really always been spiritually. Im hopeful that things will work out for me. Thanks for reading this.

You are not alone,we're all here for you.

Longing2be-Trisha
10-28-2011, 04:48 PM
It is a start, and most of us with GID have the same feelings and stories of little to no support. Hold your head up high as you go out into the world as you were meant to be a woman! You are among friends here!

Hugs

AllieSF
10-28-2011, 05:15 PM
Welcome to the forum. There is a lot to read here and learn. People share their stories get a lot of support, sometimes get attacked, but with a thick skin and some curiosity you will be able to find a lot of what you are looking for on this forum.

Kaitlyn Michele
10-28-2011, 06:17 PM
You are so not alone!!

read all the stories and you will see !

anything is possible...be smart , think about your real life day to day goals and how what you are doing can help you achieve your long term goals

RenneB
10-28-2011, 06:22 PM
Welcome to the club girl. We've all been through this and are all making our way through the pink fog. A lot of different ways will be found here, you'll find yours I'm sure of it.

Renne.....

Launa
10-28-2011, 06:53 PM
I'm new here to. I know what all of that is like. I want to get out there to. I'm going out tomorrow for the first time.

Kathryn Martin
10-28-2011, 08:10 PM
Hi there welcome to this place. I have through this and I am almost out the other side. I hope you will find the support and answers that you look for.

Melody Moore
10-28-2011, 09:43 PM
Likewise, the only difference with me I was born intersex, however I can totally relate to what you have been through.
However you are fortunate to have some support from family members because some of us don't even have any at all.

I have come through the coming out stages and are almost out the other side as well - finances
the only thing now delaying my GRS/SRS. So for now its a matter of playing that waiting game
until I have saved enough money to complete my final affirmation step.

My only advice to you is don't let others here dictate to you any sort of right or wrong way with gender transition,
the only right way to successfully transition is by going through a therapist and proper hormone therapy monitored
by doctors. There are a few girls here who chose not to go to a therapist and to self medicate on hormones & now
some of them are starting to pay the price of not having that type of support available to them. There is no rush
with gender transition, the only thing that sounds urgent in your situation is that you find the right help ASAP. Once
you get into therapy and on hormones, then your GID will usually settle right down. You still may experience anxiety
and moods swings relating to gender dysphoria and this is something else that a therapist is a really great help with.
Just take baby steps to negotiate your hurdles and don't ever pressured that you just need to "get over it".

The fear with gender transition is real, but once you have been set free of
it, there really is nothing so liberating than to be the woman you truly are.
Good Luck, we are all here for you, and I hope things work out for you soon :hugs:

Sharon
10-28-2011, 11:46 PM
Hi, Scottie Autumn, welcome to the forum. :)

Almost every one of us who post in this section and everybody who posts in the private TS section, Safe Haven (you need ten posts minimum to join), have been where you are now. In fact, more than a few are still discovering themselves and figuring out where they fit in the world just as you are. Being anonymous on the forum I hope you soon feel comfortable to share your hopes, fears and thoughts -- most of us are caring and supportive of one another. I hope you are able to, with time, consider us a family of sorts and you never know what relationships may result. :hugs: