PDA

View Full Version : Long or short hair?

Jennifer529
10-28-2011, 04:46 PM
Who has their hair naturally long?

StarrOfDelite
10-28-2011, 04:50 PM
How long is long? By Male standards or Female standards?

I've been growing mine for almost a year, started with a businessman's side part, and it is barely collar length now. Sigh! My daughters have grown their hair from buzz cuts to shoulder length in the same time, so I think gender girl's have an unfair advantage.

Jennifer529
10-28-2011, 04:59 PM
How long is long? By Male standards or Female standards?

I've been growing mine for almost a year, started with a businessman's side part, and it is barely collar length now. Sigh! My daughters have grown their hair from buzz cuts to shoulder length in the same time, so I think gender girl's have an unfair advantage.

My hair is quite long,down to the small of my back.
I like it this way for a few reasons,one of which is that it can be styled diferent ways.
And I save a fortune not buying wigs...:)

Laura-uk
10-28-2011, 05:02 PM
Long hair, half way down my back, I can rock a pony tail too cuz I'm an IT techie :)

Christie ann
10-28-2011, 06:19 PM
Or the question might be who has hair. Back when I had hair it would only get a certain length and the seem to stop. I was always envious of the girls with real long hair.

Karren H
10-28-2011, 06:31 PM
Or the question might be who has hair. Back when I had hair it would only get a certain length and the seem to stop. I was always envious of the girls with real long hair.

Yeah!! I'd be happy if I had enough hair for a short female hair style! Sigh.

PaulaAnn
10-28-2011, 06:38 PM
Once upon a time I had long blond curly hair....then my 10th birthday and ....poof ! Joined the military ,had short hair for the next 38 years.Retired,never,ever got another hair cut ,hair is streaky grey blond,and shoulder length but WAAAA !! ,I'm bald on top . Paula coils up her real hair and wears a wig .....Oh the humanity !!!
Paula.

Launa
10-28-2011, 06:48 PM
Unfortunatley for me its short cause I'm bald. I used to have long hair when I had a full head of it but I'm not going to be bald with a pony. So its the wig store for me.

SabrinaDubh
10-28-2011, 06:49 PM
Long hair down to the middle of my back. I used to rock the Betty Page bangs, but now it's all the same length. (give or take, it needs a trim)

Dixie
10-28-2011, 06:50 PM
I used to have hair to the middle of my back but alas it has started falling out and growing on my back eeeewwww lol

Belinda Gail
10-28-2011, 07:04 PM
Close to mid back...been growing for 3 yrs. now

KellyJameson
10-28-2011, 07:13 PM
Middle of the back and it is a pain to take care of, everything gets stuck in, birds seem to like to use it for target practice and it is very uncomfortable when it is hot outside plus the additional danger of some guy that gets angry when he discovers the girl that he just made a cat call to is a guy. Surely a wig is the way to go, much more versatile and you can own more than one. I would never keep long hair if I did'nt have this gender war going on inside my head.

Suzette Muguet de Mai
10-28-2011, 07:13 PM
Waist length with side bangs. Love my ponytails and updos too much.

RiverdanceGirl
10-28-2011, 07:36 PM
I've always had a bit of a MacGyver (later years, longish and full) but last week I cut it really short and I don't like it. My neck is so cold all the time. I'd love to grow it really long - bra length, but my hair is very fine and dense and it tends to grow outward rather than downwards when I try to grow it out more.

herwannabe
10-28-2011, 10:22 PM
2.5 years without a hair cut, Blonde is the color and Length is past shoulder. Wear in a ponytail at werk and down at home :battingeyelashes: Hair Cut? maybe never again.

NatalieGirl
10-29-2011, 05:58 AM
Past shoulder length when wet. But since mine is very curly it coils up when it dries.

I want to grow it down to my waist.

Cynthia Anne
10-29-2011, 06:05 AM
My hair was to middle of my back until in July I had it shaved in a benefit to help a needy family! No regrets 'cept the back of my neck gets cold at night! Hugs!

Starr
10-29-2011, 09:03 AM
I havent cut my hair in about 3 years, it feels like it is half way down my back but really is only about half way down my shoulder blades. I have a high forehead and a small spot in the back of my head is getting pretty thin but all in all I like it. I do wear a pony tail, did wear a high one but I think the tight pulling of that made some of it come out. I started wearing a low ponytail lately and don't seem to be loosing as much. I need to get it trimed up and styled into some I can deal with in both modes and hope to do that soon.

starr

suzy1
10-29-2011, 09:14 AM
I am another one with a lot less hair on my head than I used to have.

But I always look on the bright side. I don’t overheat when I have my wig on anymore! :jumping:

SUZY

CO_Bobbie
10-29-2011, 09:20 AM
Short, I'm afraid. I was cutting it really short for years and have recently decided to let it grow out again... We'll see how long it lasts before getting too annoying and I cut it again. :)

Tina B.
10-29-2011, 09:54 AM
Down between my shoulder blades, I use to have a lot on top too, but not anymore, now I look like Ben Franklin, at least his hair style. But I have a few wigs to compensate.
Tina B.

Heather1129
10-29-2011, 12:28 PM
Its been a year or so since my last hair cut, so its getting there, another 6 months or so and it ought to be looking pretty good. I do have a small balding spot on top but its not too big, thank goodness.

Heather

marlaNYC
10-29-2011, 01:09 PM
it's one thing i've always been lucky to have - naturally good hair and still, at 50, in plentiful supply. and now i'm working with a hairdresser for it to be a more feminine style. shoulder length that can be tied or pinned back and up.

PretzelGirl
10-29-2011, 10:52 PM
A little thin, a little gray (okay, more than a little :sad:), and between the shoulder blades. It is all how you style it sometimes.

jennCD
10-30-2011, 02:16 AM
Mine's normally well down past my shoulders. Every few years I may get tired of it and do a sudden 'hair-purge' but always end up letting it grow out for a few years again.

:)
jenn

Mindy More
10-30-2011, 03:33 AM
I used to have my hair to the middle of my back a long time ago. I noticed some thinning and for another reason I ended up chopping it all off to a buzz. I wasn't dressing then. Kinda wish I kept it sometimes, but not sure if it would look bad now, it's been 4 years.

jenisis
10-30-2011, 01:36 PM
have it cut into a just below jaw length stacked bob.:heehee:

Sara Jessica
10-30-2011, 02:02 PM
I haven't worn a wig since May of 2010. The length is well into "between the shoulder-blades" territory. Flat-iron straight often, love the result, even if I pony it which is how I wear my hair most of the time in guy mode. I can now flat iron at home with a feminine curve at the ends and walk out my door without a care. However, I do have to be more careful when doing the full hot roller thing.

While I'm going on two years since having a "guy" haircut, you still have to get the ends trimmed regularly. Last weekend I had a trim and some layering. Although in guy mode at the time, my stylist knows of my TG being and she also knew I was heading home to a quiet house so she proceeded to do some serious magic with a curling iron. Needless to say it was an adventure walking to my car!

I have zero desire to ever wear a wig again.

bridget thronton
10-30-2011, 02:04 PM
Chin length - long enough for a pony tail