PDA

View Full Version : sleep walking fears

part-time-amanda
10-28-2011, 11:11 PM
After being caught by my wife and spilling my guts to her I found out she was more than supportive, sharing and shopping for clothes. Since day 1 we have had strict boundaries which include not falling asleep dressed. This is due to my VERY occasional sleep walking. We're talking once a year, but one time I was walking the streets. It concerns her and I understand why. Not trying to discredit her reasons by any means, but who has similar sleep issues? Does it affect you dressing in any way?

AllieSF
10-28-2011, 11:43 PM
Doesn't sound like a problem if you do not let yourself fall asleep dressed. Otherwise, it could get quite embarrassing.

Dixie
10-29-2011, 04:50 AM
I too sleepwalk occasionally. I never know when but I have dressed for bed on occasion just not very often.

Cynthia Anne
10-29-2011, 05:03 AM
Sounds like her reasoning is very sound! Afterall you don't want to be found sitting in a police station in your nightie! That could be embarassing!:eek::heehee: Hugs!

eluuzion
10-29-2011, 06:55 AM
hiya pta,

Sleep walking always seems like a comical event to those who have not experienced it, or observed the behavior in somebody else. One of my daughter’s best friends when she was in the 6-15 age years of sleep-overs every week-end was a sleep walker. Her parents had to lock all doors/windows and take other precautions at her home to make sure she did not wander outside every night.

The sad part was that she was unable to participate in the routine sleep-overs with the “gang”. I finally convinced her parents to allow her to attend the the sleep-overs until the girls were ready to hit the sleeping bags. Then I would drive her home to sleep at her own house. Worked out OK.

good luck!
:love:

Tina B.
10-29-2011, 09:03 AM
I knew a sleep walker when I was a kid, if I had that problem I would always sleep in a pair of Conservative pajamas, and never anything I would have to explain while still half a sleep.
Tina B.