PDA

View Full Version : little thimngs to clue people in...

JLynn17
10-29-2011, 12:41 PM
Ok if you have read any of my earlier posts, I am slowly coming out, already i have done a few lil things that get people thinking "hmm maybe is he?" but I do need tips on some more things .... so far I have plucked eye brows down to be more fem, I have started tanning, and I always sit with legs crossed like a lady and hold my self in a more fem way,.... I would like to know if yall have any more ideas on the lil things I can do...

xristy
10-29-2011, 12:43 PM
How about your fingernails? You don't need to put nail polish on them, but you can let them grow a bit and try to give them a more femme shape (not bitten to the nubs).

Xristy

Amymonroe
10-29-2011, 12:55 PM
Try sitting in a public place and watch how other women going about their day to day routine. Watch body langue; watch their facial expressions to different experiences they encounter. Pay closer attention to the way they carry themselves. Look at the differences between a confident women walking by vs. a woman who seems to be insecure. Sit and watch couples and see how they interact with each other and learn how the woman reacts to different kinds of touches and comments. I know that this is probably deeper than you wanted but I have invested time in some of this myself and have gained a bit of practical experience. Have fun and be patient.

Cynthia Anne
10-29-2011, 01:07 PM
Nasty nose hair! PLUCK IT! Ears periced! Shave those underarms, arms and legs! Girls jeans! I'll stop there! Hugs!

JLynn17
10-29-2011, 01:24 PM
I just took 1 more small step, I have shaved off rest of body hair, (cut arm pits very short) i have ALWAYS worn semi long side burns, they are now gone... and I am going to start taking care of my nails! (*Xristy*) Thanks every one keep em coming... and on the girls jeans issue, I was gonna ask if there are some like unisex clothes out there anywhere ?> ugh maybe I should just get me a nice pair of jeans...

Lorileah
10-29-2011, 01:29 PM
How about just trying to relax and be you. If you have to force it, you are acting. Be you. All the BS about "women do this and women do that" is just that BS. They don't sit and think how they could be more feminine, they just ARE. If you have to fake it, it isn't real. I get told all the time that they "just knew it because you exude that".

Anna Lorree
10-29-2011, 01:32 PM
I have done what you have (I have ALWAYS sat like that naturally, I had to learn to sit "like a man"). I leave my fingernails about 1/8 inch past the end of the nailbed, when I jog I wear woman's shoes, I will wear woman's t-shirts around, leaving just enough visible from under a jacket or long-sleeved shirt (casual time), I often wear a tinted lip gloss and mascara, and I have somewhat feminine gestures when I talk (again, happens naturally).

One woman at work is pretty certain I dress, and another has picked up on the hand gestures and sitting.

Anna

Miranda09
10-29-2011, 01:34 PM
How about just trying to relax and be you. If you have to force it, you are acting. Be you. All the BS about "women do this and women do that" is just that BS. They don't sit and think how they could be more feminine, they just ARE. If you have to fake it, it isn't real. I get told all the time that they "just knew it because you exude that".

I agree with Lorileah here. Just relax and be yourself. Also, just observe how woman are and slowly incorporate it not your persona so it's a natural part of you and not something you're trying to do. Everything else is just props! :)

JenniferR771
10-29-2011, 02:55 PM
And..all of the abovre..but don't forget cologne and women's deoderant. Something rather neutral that would not be completely out of place on a man.

JLynn17
10-29-2011, 03:00 PM
So I have been wearing very fruity smelling lotion, and my best friend of years noticed i smelled like a girl... the feeling I get knowing that very soon I can open up and be me is just so great I cant explain it! Although I did lie to him and say i just got out of shower so it was only soap i had... lol...

RiverdanceGirl
10-29-2011, 05:55 PM
Try walking on the balls of your feet rather than the heels. I got this one from my brother when I was a kid. He always complained I walked like an ape so eventually I learned to walk in a more graceful way. It's quite easy to add a bit of a sway walking like that. Possibly this is why I've always felt natural in heels.

marlaNYC
10-29-2011, 06:08 PM
some great tips in here. i pass on my appreciation to everyone too!

every little thing i do is practice. walking to the train, i practice the walking, set myself goals, exercises. what i wear and carry is all practice. how i remember to hold my head high, shoulders back, not slouch. how i sit. how i smell. how i tie my hair back. how i bend over to pick something up. how i hold my purse or bag, how my other hand is set. i observe women and try to pick up on what makes it so easy and natural looking. and most important to me, to keep my mind in a feminine state of awareness and being. confident. poised. elegant. to feel attractive. to feel real

JLynn17
10-29-2011, 06:24 PM
jandsdam. What is it you are trying to achieve? Are you wanting to push it so far something gives?
I believe u r correct...

Karren H
10-29-2011, 07:10 PM
Just wear a friggin dress!!! Then there will be no questions! Ok. Maybe no questions about you crossdressing... Probably lots of other questions. Lol.

Jennifer H
10-29-2011, 07:46 PM
Paint your nails and wear a bra that should make you feel good!!

xxx Jenny

Jenniferathome
10-29-2011, 07:52 PM
The list is so long, you couldn't write it down. Just watch women. Try to figure out the rules of a bra strap showing or what shoes go with what outfit. Make up, no make up, it's impossible. You have to grow up in it to know it all. Your only guide can bra real woman. Watch them often but ideally, have one at your side helping.

Stephenie S
10-29-2011, 08:13 PM

Lorileah nailed it with this one. Just be yourself.

S

RiverdanceGirl
10-29-2011, 09:24 PM
and most important to me, to keep my mind in a feminine state of awareness and being. confident. poised. elegant. to feel attractive. to feel real

Yes, this is very important. Being a woman definitely comes from the inside and shows on the outside. Mind over matter.

Phylis Nicole Schuyler
10-30-2011, 08:52 PM
Yes, this is very important. Being a woman definitely comes from the inside and shows on the outside. Mind over matter.

As I always say, "Mind over matter; If you don't mind, it don't matter!"

josee
10-30-2011, 09:36 PM
Spend as much time as you are able to dressed. I find that the more I am dressed the more the feminine side takes her rightful place in my every day personality.

sinead
10-31-2011, 03:18 PM
Nasty nose hair! PLUCK IT! Ears periced! Shave those underarms, arms and legs! Girls jeans! I'll stop there! Hugs!
exactly right Cynthia and while I am at it I shave smooth all over