PDA

View Full Version : Halloween Party - Got stopped by the police

Rachel Morley
10-30-2011, 02:40 AM
OMG! ... well it was a great party. Got pulled over by the police. I was dressed as a "little girl" in a pink party dress with pearly buttons up back. My wife was dressed as a dude (aka Kurt Cobain). On our way home from the party at 11.30pm we got lost and ended up in what the female police officer who pulled us over described as "the getto". My wife Marla said that we had just left a Halloween Party and that she didn't normally look like this. The GG police officer asked me "can I see your ID sir" ... Gosh that hurt! Oh well .... we didn't get breathalyzed and the GG police officer seemed nice and helpful and told us how to get on the right road to get back on the freeway to get home. Here's how we looked.

http://img69.imageshack.us/img69/8793/halloweenog.jpg

http://img845.imageshack.us/img845/2717/kurtt.jpg

Just thought I would share this incident .... no, I never carry a "boy bag" :)

Hugs
Rachel

Dana7
10-30-2011, 02:52 AM
How cute! That's a darling pink dress; and Kurt is looking very authentic! What brand of guitar is that, anyways?

Here I am, breathing a sigh of relief for you both because:
1. You didn't get a ticket
2. You didn't get harrassed by a wise-guy police officer
3. You didn't get harmed when you were way-laid in the "ghetto"
4. You looked MAHHHHVELOUS for the police officer, even though she didn't say so!

Glad you had a good time tonite! Wish I was there...

Tonight I am in full dress for the first time since I started my relationship with my SO. She is out of town for a week and I spent my evening getting together my Halloween outfit. I practiced up on my makeup and I even drove out in public and ordered some fast food at Taco Bell!
(I had to practice my girl voice; the clerk at the window didn't say anything, happily)
As the song goes..."I enjoy being a girl"....:o

kynw08
10-30-2011, 03:00 AM
I work at a pd, most likely they're like we are....you gotta be really careful with gender and go with what your gut tells you the person is legally. If you had warrants, and she initially identified you as female, a lawyer would give her crap later.....same goes for a ticket.

Most likely she was gay( of the 20things female officers I know off the top of my head, one is not gay....its VERY comments), and if she was not, didn't really care anyway. If you didn't hassle her, and weren't slobbering drunk, you probably went on her "like"list lol

marlaNYC
10-30-2011, 07:20 AM
you both look great!

@Dana, that's looks like either a Musicman or a G&L - both Leo Fender creations. fantastic guitars. i'm hoping Rachel will tell us for sure

brenda b smith
10-30-2011, 07:33 AM
great pics glad you had fun. glad it worked out well in the getto

Debglam
10-30-2011, 11:07 AM
Holy ^&*^(*^! Sounds like an exciting finish to the evening but I would have been surprised if SPD would have hassled you.

The GG police officer asked me "can I see your ID sir" ...

Are you sure she wasn't talking to M??? You both looked awesome last night BTW. :)

Debby

rachaelsloane
10-30-2011, 11:29 AM
Rachel,
That's unbelievable, so sorry. Sounds more like the officer was looking out for your safety. Like Debbie said you and Marla looked great.
Rachael

Jenny Beth
10-30-2011, 11:41 AM
Great pics, I would have loved to hear the radio chatter when you got stopped.

Unit 22: Just pulled over a guy in a pink dress and a drug dealer.

Dispatch: Book 'em Danno

DonniDarkness
10-30-2011, 11:47 AM
We got pulled over too!!!! ROFL

Glad you made it home safe too

-Donni-

Rachel Morley
10-30-2011, 01:28 PM
How cute! That's a darling pink dress; and Kurt is looking very authentic! What brand of guitar is that, anyways?

Thanks Dana. I adore that pink LG party dress and love wearing it. It was the first time I had ever wore it out in public as I usually dress to blend in LOL :)

.... that's looks like either a Musicman or a G&L - both Leo Fender creations. fantastic guitars. i'm hoping Rachel will tell us for sure

Sorry to disappointing you Marla, but it's a Japanese made Ibanez Roadstar from the 60's. Apparently they made a lot guitars during that time that looked a lot like Fenders.

Are you sure she wasn't talking to M???Hi Deb, (btw .. you looked totally awesome and very, very passable last night!) I'm joking about being called "sir" .. I don't mind really. She was definitely talking to me as she had already asked for Marla's ID and then she looked over at me and said "Can I see your ID too sir?"

It is weird that we didn't get a ticket as apparently we did break the law as she said we went through a stop sign. She just asked us if we had any warrants out on us or if we were on parole, then she went back to her car and presumably ran our names through the computer and then came back and gave us directions on how to get back on the freeway. She was very unemotional and business-like, but still nice to us as she didn't give us a hard time or a ticket. I sat still and hardly said a word the whole time except for "yes mamm" when she asked if I had any ID, and I then said to her, "I know this seems a bit strange" and she said "I've seen worse" I swear to God she actually said that .. worse? .. what? .. like wearing a lovely pink, frilly little girl party dress is a bad thing? LOL :) . Anyway, Marla did all the talking. I just kept quiet. I'm glad it was a female cop rather than a male one though, not sure why I say that, I guess I think guys are less likely to be sympathetic and perhaps not be as enthusiastic about how I'm dressed ... even if it is Halloween.

AllieSF
10-30-2011, 02:31 PM
Welcome to the "I Got Stopped by the Police Club". And both of you look so darling, well, actually you look darling and Marla looks like a though dude looking for a hit. I was stopped once on 101 heading to San Jose after a long day and night out in SF and given the full Monty DUI process and passed, thankfully, and then in Detroit the same year for a quicky DUI, which I also passed. Both times the police were very professional and courteous. Now, I should have gone to your wonderful party last night, but for whatever reason it was not in the cards for me. I am glad it turned out so well and can't wait ti see some of the pics on the Gem's Yahoo site. Thanks for sharing.

Melissa Rose
10-31-2011, 12:07 AM
Rachel, I'm laughing and cringing at the same time. I have to smile because on the way to Halloween party Marla called me from the car for the exact location of the party since they left the instructions at home. Fortunately, they were about two blocks away so it was easy to talk them into the parking lot. That should have tipped me off that return driving instructions were needed also. LOL. As far as police encounters go, this one was mild and the officer seemed to be concerned about your welfare. I bet your heart was in your throat when the blue lights went on. I'm still trying to figure out you got to the closest neighborhood that could be described as the ghetto. How much wine did you two drink at the party?

BTW, Marla officially won the costume contest at the party, but graciously decided to give the prize away.

Longing2be-Trisha
10-31-2011, 12:19 AM
Rachel loved the picts, but the story priceless!:lol2:

Hugs

Nicole Erin
10-31-2011, 12:39 AM
the officer was probably trying to save your butts more than anything. She was not razzing you. The police are not always the bad guys.

erickka
10-31-2011, 05:41 AM
You both looked incredible!! Glad everything turned out in your favor.

marlaNYC
10-31-2011, 08:46 AM
Sorry to disappointing you Marla, but it's a Japanese made Ibanez Roadstar
not disappointed at all, Rachel! thanks for clearing that up for me. fun to think that Leo Fender may have upped his later guitar designs based on copies of his designs!!! (trying really hard not to be a nerd here) :)

Vickie_CDTV
10-31-2011, 12:30 PM
The officer probably assumed you were just in costume and that is why she used "sir"; she figures it is just a costume and not a gender identity thing, I don't think she meant it in any insulting way.

Jamie001
10-31-2011, 08:53 PM
Why do cops always say to a TG that is dresses in-femme "Can I see your driver's license SIR", when actually since the cop is talking to you and there is no doubt that he/she is talking to you "Can I see you driver's license would suffice" without the word SIR. Quite disrespectful and probably has no training in dealing with T folks.

Risque_Christine
11-02-2011, 10:30 PM
Sounds like the police in the Caribbean could use some sensitivity training, compared to your experience. I was stopped by the side of the road looking for my ID card, when the local constabulary decided to pay me a visit. The first words out of the officer's mouth were "Why in the @#%%! are you dressed that way?" Of course, I responded "Oh, I just got back from the drag show." Pretty lame but what the heck else do you say, since it was true. It went downhill from there. I am amazed that I did not land up in jail.
Christine

t-girlxsophie
11-03-2011, 12:07 AM
Why do cops always say to a TG that is dresses in-femme "Can I see your driver's license SIR", when actually since the cop is talking to you and there is no doubt that he/she is talking to you "Can I see you driver's license would suffice" without the word SIR. Quite disrespectful and probably has no training in dealing with T folks.

Maybe the guys just doing his job,and to my reading of the OP it doesn't seem the Cop put any extra emphasis on the SIR.The two ocassions I've dealt with the Police dressed they have been cool with everything

Sophie

linda allen
11-03-2011, 08:32 AM
It's perfectly fine to be a guy dressed as a female on Halloween. It's "dress up" day. Other times of the year, you might have some explaining to do. Police are suspicious of anything out of the ordinary. They have to be. You might be in a disguise because you are planning on robbing someone or already have. You might be hiding from the law.

If you're fully "out of the closet", fine, just tell the officer that you are transgendered. If you're in the closet, things could be a little more difficult.

A few weeks ago, I stopped at a local park while dressed. I was taking photos of myself when a police car pulled up and stopped fifty feet or so from me. My heart just about stopped. I got back in my vehicle, started it up and drove away. As I looked back, there was another police car beside it and I guess they were just meeting each other to discuss something.

StarrOfDelite
11-03-2011, 01:50 PM
Rachel,
That's unbelievable, so sorry. Sounds more like the officer was looking out for your safety. Like Debbie said you and Marla looked great.
Rachael

The safety of Rachel and her wife were probably an important factor. I've been stopped 2x for being in the wrong neighborhoods, once in Bedford Stuyvesant, and once on the south side of Chicago, and both times the officers were African Americans who basically said words to the effect that "I want you white people out of my patrol area so you don't get mugged, raped and killed on my watch."

Agree with the comments about the costumes, too. Cool!