PDA

View Full Version : Mini-Makeup

Southern Michele
10-30-2011, 02:55 PM
Do any of you use your makeup skills to hide minor complexion issues in your daily male only lives? I just had a pleasant visit with the Dermablend and Clarins ladies at Macys and they found, with some difficulty, my correct skin tone and a technique to hide a couple of sun related blemishes that bug me in daily life.

Many of you mention that you "freak out" when considering approaching a makeup counter at a Mall. My secret, for what it's worth, is to simply try to relax and go ask the experts for help. They will help you with no pressure. Don't get me wrong, they are sales people, so you should have an objective in mind and not buy everything they suggest unless you need it. In my case the Dermablend lady was having trouble covering some age spots on my hand. She even tried a couple of competitor's products without much sucess. A knowledgeable lady from across the aisle with Clarins came over to help and seemed to know a little more about to apply it and the spots were gone. I was happy, they were happy, and they had a sale.

You don't have to go up and bare your soul. Just tell them what you hope to accomplish and they will find the products to do that.

I hope this helps some of you.:battingeyelashes: