PDA

View Full Version : My Friends' Response to my COMING OUT

Anne2345
10-30-2011, 02:58 PM
I have written recently about how I have come out to a small, trusted, and very much loved select few number of friends. I have told about who I am, about Anne, and that I am Anne. I have shown pictures of myself. I have explained my emotions, feelings, and needs. I have cried much. I have opened up. I have expressed my fears, anxieties, and concerns. And I have laid bare my soul to my friends.

Of course, my friends are confused and worried, and who could blame them? It is going to take them a while to come to terms with what I have offered them of my life. In this, I have spent my lifetime dealing with being transgendered, and I am far from having it “down” myself. My friends, on the other hand, have not had any reason to deal with the attendant issues until now, and my confession has come as a complete and total surprise to them.

But one thing that my friends have made abundantly clear and absolutely understood is their unequivocable and unconditional love for me. They have also blessed me with acceptance, compassion, and kindess. I no longer feel like I am completely alone on an island, or that I have been sentenced to solitary confinement. This is not to say that I now have this figured out, my head is straight, and all is good in life. Not by a long shot. This experience, however, shall take me far in my progression. This is yet another awakening within my journey. This I know to be true – I can feel it within my being, and it is comforting to know.

I am quite fortunate to have such wonderful, caring, and loving friends, and quite honestly, I am completely blown away by it all and emotionally overwhelmed.

To say that this has been a cathartic experience would do the experience an unforgiveable injustice. This has been sooooo much more than merely cathartic, it has been necessary and life-changing.

As one would expect, I have spent many, many hours this week addressing this issue with my friends. It has been productively good for them, and it has been amazingly validating for me. I did, though, want to share with you all an e-mail I received from one of them, in between the long talks we have had, and shortly after I came out. The sentiment means the world to me. Here it is:

I know what it feels like now to have truly racing thoughts. I’ve experienced it once in forty years. The usual pace of my inner monologue isn’t a slow one, but my thoughts traveling their usual course are incomplete, not fully formed. In this instance, I’m talking about complete thought-sentences and drawn conclusions, traveling so rapidly through my mind, that despite their individual fullness, the complete parts make too big of a whole to process and to hear their complete sound.

They revolve at the speed of numbers spinning past the selector on a roulette wheel. So fast you can’t identify the sound of their individual tic-tic-tics, but you hear them purr in succession as they whir. Complete, conclusive thought-sounds: I don’t know what I’m seeing. It’s a Halloween costume. No, it isn’t. When men dress in a “woman costume,” the end result isn’t pretty. It’s isn't supposed to be pretty – it’s a joke, get it? It’s a man in woman’s clothes. This isn’t a man in a “woman costume.” It’s a woman, and this isn’t a joke. It’s a woman. A statuesque, unashamed, beautiful vulnerable woman. A woman who feels like her lipstick doesn’t compliment her scarlet dress quite perfectly enough. A woman who doesn’t feel perfect.

But there’s another sound. A constant one, not fleeting like these transient thought sounds. It’s the hum of hub – the center of the wheel upon which the roulette turret spins. And that sound says: this is a person I love, and this person I love is hurting because of this. Now it’s my job to do whatever it takes to relentlessly minimize the hurting, until hopefully the pain of it subsides. This is a man I love. This is a woman I love. This is a complete, fully formed, beautiful person who I love.

DeniseNJ
10-30-2011, 03:17 PM
We crossdressers and I hope I can speak for most are somewhat complex, I know that I am. support and understanding to me is the most important part of our being. A inner transition comes about when one tells others about who you really are and how you feel. It can be one of the best feelings in the world and that excape from abandoment can really change a crossdresser, Great for you and BTW you look FAB:thumbsup: Denise

Debglam
10-30-2011, 03:23 PM
Great friends Anne!

This is a man I love. This is a woman I love. This is a complete, fully formed, beautiful person who I love.

You can't ask for more understanding than that! I hope this really helps you find your balance!

Debby

joandher
10-30-2011, 05:08 PM
What a beautiful e-mail, so eloquently written straight from the Heart, who could ask for more ??

Hugs

J-JAY x

RitaRich
10-30-2011, 05:35 PM
What a touching email. Thanks for sharing. You are truly blessed to have such a friend.

KarenS
10-30-2011, 05:40 PM
Such a touching response. What a wonderful friend. Truly a wonderful friend. We should all have such understanding friends.

Sarah Doepner
10-30-2011, 05:43 PM
Wow. That has to be one of the best responses I've ever heard of from a friend. You are fortunate.

Piora
10-30-2011, 05:46 PM
Anne, hang onto those friends for dear life. They are true blue. How lucky you are to have chosen them to share with you what happens in your life. They are obviously worthy of you. Thank you for sharing this with us. It's probably the reason that I love this site....reading emails such as these. Just does the heart good.

SusanCACD
10-30-2011, 07:40 PM
Really really wonderful, I say wonder full cause it is a wonder more people do not behave like this. I know people at work talk behind my back, and I sometimes wonder where their heart truly is, I guess you don't have to wonder anymore, now you know, Your so blessed to have such people in your life.
Love, Susan

Dixie
10-30-2011, 07:55 PM
You ate certainly lucky, no wait, blessed to have such wonderful friends. I wish you all the luck, joy, and happiness you can handle. :)

Suzette Muguet de Mai
10-30-2011, 08:09 PM
Oh dear, tearing up. Beautiful and so thought out. You are so lucky, so very lucky.

AnitaH
10-30-2011, 10:03 PM
Beautiful, so supportive and accepting,but Isn't that what a true friend would do for another friend. Sounds like you have a true one there, a keeper.

AnitaH

Carla5148
10-30-2011, 10:23 PM
Wouldn't it be nice if more of us had friends like that. Wow! Hopefully, you gave him a big thank you for such great compassion.

Dana7
10-30-2011, 10:33 PM
It is friends like these that give us the feeling that life is really worth it, and that we are really loved and valued. Thanks for sharing.

MackenzieMarigold
10-30-2011, 11:49 PM
Anne you have no idea just how uplifting that was to read.

BiancaEstrella
10-31-2011, 12:05 AM
That's simply amazing. There would have been a dust issue in my house had that been sent to me.

Longing2be-Trisha
10-31-2011, 12:36 AM
Anne they are amazing friends!

Hugs

kimdl93
10-31-2011, 07:52 AM
Evidently, your friend shares your tremendous ability to convey thought with vivid imagery. I loved the us of the roulette wheel as a metaphor one's spinning, racing thoughts. What most impressed me was that in the end, your friend is able to refocus on the hub - the core - which is the deep affection for you as a complete(d) person. Lovely.

Sara Jessica
10-31-2011, 08:03 AM
You clearly hang out with like-minded people Anne when it comes to eloquence of the written word. That reply is unique and should be cherished. I say unique because I don't believe it reflects what any of us could expect as a typical response. But that doesn't take anything away from the fact this is the response YOU received because YOU are truly loved by this person...and for that you are truly blessed.

Sophie86
10-31-2011, 08:50 PM
It's wonderful when our friends show us the meaning of true friendship. I'm so glad you have people like that in your life, Anne.

I'm curious... I remember a story about a woman who caught you wearing lipstick at home once. Is she one of the people that you've told now?