PDA

View Full Version : One step forward three steps back

~Seana~
10-30-2011, 04:52 PM
So lots of upheaval in my life lately. The key part was my job was due to end as the company I worked for sent it to another country tommorrow actually.Then the added stress as extensions were offered I was stressed the last two months as none of them seemed to be for me.

It wasnt much of a job but it was mine, it paid lousy and they treated us like kindergärtners ( not a word of a lie we literally raised our hand to go to the bathroom). Because it wasnt much of a job I dressed how i felt comfortable. I hadent worn boy clothes in over 3 years in fact all that remained of my boy clothes were 5 dress shirts and two pair of dresspants that hung unused in my closet.

Still knowing where it ended i diligently looked for other work. Boy its a tough market there really isnt much out there. I was losing hope i would have a gap in my employment, and i support a family of five on my income.Then I struck gold, kind of.

I was made a decently paying offer by a good company . 3 weeks paid vacation and all the fixings. I started on tues. Now the good news is I had the good sense to apply as Sean. Its my legal name i used until about 12. And since Seana ( Pronounced Shawna)is my girl name I'm working towards joining the identities.

The thing is they have no idea I am TG . I am slowly feeling out the new workplace. I'm dressing male for the first time in years and I hate it. Its not me.
I cant screw this up. So I'm being careful. I can afford laser now,that's an improvement.I just have to stick to the plan and keep going

Seana

StevieTV
10-30-2011, 05:02 PM
Good luck and I hope the best will come your way.

AllieSF
10-30-2011, 05:03 PM
Congratulations on the new better job with benefits. I think that says it all and you realize it too. All I can say is that there are a lot of members who will be cheering you on to make it work for you and your family. I and "we" wish you the best of luck and extra strength to endure what will obviously be a difficult time for you as you put "you" behind the scenes so to speak.

Missy Tanya
10-30-2011, 07:52 PM
Well congrats on the new job. We all have to make sacrifices from time to time. Dressing as a boy till you get your feet inside the door and they can see just how smart they were to hire you is the best thing. Then slowly you can bring Seana back out at work. It sucks when real life steps in the way, but your doing the right thing, and from the sounds of it, great things for your families future. Way too go girl, and keeping your head held high.

Tanya

Katie Moore
10-30-2011, 08:47 PM
When you got five people relying on you then yeah, you do what you gotta do. It'll get better.

Hope
11-01-2011, 03:59 AM
We all make the sacrifices that we have to. We all lose things along the way. They are different for each of us, and we all make different choices, and no one has the right to question or second guess the decisions any of us have to make.

If wearing boy clothes is what you have to do for now, and that option is the best one - then I think we will all support you. If you chose to refuse the boy clothes and face the possibility of getting fired, and not being able to get a new gig, and potentially being homeless, I think we would all support you too. Neither one is a particularly good choice, and you just have to make the one that is right for you.

Things will change. The economy will get better. We will all eventually be able to find decent work. We will all be able to get on with our lives. Just keep plugging away with the things you CAN do now... like laser... and hopefully, it will not be too long before we all have better options

Rianna Humble
11-01-2011, 04:44 AM
Hi Seana, I know how much it sucks to lose your job - especially when you have dependants. I'm so glad that you seem to have found a better job. :bighug:

It must hurt a lot to have to dress up as someone you are not in order to get and keep your new job, but we will be rooting for you to get through your probationary period.

May I suggest you read up as much as you can on their equalities policies whilst you are still new in the job? Is there somewhere in or around Ottawa where you can also read up on provincial and federal employment laws to see what protection you might have from that angle? That way you will be better prepared for how to go about introducing the real you to this new workplace.

It's great you can now afford the laser treatment, have you found a good place to go for that yet?