PDA

View Full Version : HELP! Shopping for pantyhose at a supermarket

heel_addict
10-30-2011, 08:01 PM
So, the other day, when me and my girlfriend were at my neighborhood, we stopped by the local supermarket so she could pick up a few stuff including a pair of pantyhose. She doesn't know of my wearing pantyhose, and two days ago, when she left some of her stuff at my place to head off to work, I sneaked inside and found her pantyhose, tried it on and loved it. So, I'd really love to get my own pairs of this sexy pantyhose as it's quite cheap too and I know exactly where to buy them at! So, my dilemma is:

If I showed up on my own at the supermarket, filled my cart with various stuff, groceries, food, shampoo etc, and of course 2-3 pairs of pantyhose, what do you think the girl at the counter think? Would she imagine that I'm buying them for myself and simply assume I'm buying them for my girlfriend/spouse/wife? It's just that I'm not ready yet to come out of the closet and not care if people knew about my crossdressing. Please answer honestly, what do you think the counter girl would assume about me buying some pantyhose?

Piora
10-30-2011, 08:09 PM
Yes, that's exactly what she'd assume. That's the one and only time I have no problem getting some femme items - when I have a cartload of groceries and other items! And who's to know that your girlfriend isn't somewhere else in the store getting something else, leaving you to pay for the groceries while she does that? I wouldn't give it another thought.

Oh, by the way, what is the brand of pantyhose?

Katelyn B
10-30-2011, 08:09 PM
I would say she isn't going to care, she'll just scan the items through and I'd imagine not really pay any attention to what it is you're buying exactly, especially if you chat to her whilst she does it. It isn't as if tights are age-restricted or need de-tagging (like condoms) so the till isn't going to throw up a reminder for that she needs to do something with them or check ID.

That said, whenever I'm buying things that don't exactly match my outward appearance I head straight for the self service checkouts.

Hope that helps a little bit

Eryn
10-30-2011, 08:23 PM
Over the years I've bought a number of "female only" items (hosiery, makeup, "feminine protection" etc.) at the supermarket for myself and my SOs. The fact is that guys buy women's items quite regularly and I'm willing to bet that most of the pantyhose purchased by males is destined for their wives' and girlfriends' legs, not their own. Clerks think nothing of it.

Calm your nerves and buy whatever you wish!

AllieSF
10-30-2011, 08:36 PM
As the others have said, she probably will never raise an eyebrow. But do be prepared if she asks if they are for you. If she does, it is probably just a nice way to start a conversation with a customer. Just answer, "Sure, do you think I have the right size?" and then laugh. Or, make up whatever excuse you want. The check out person if not too busy gets bored and conversations always help make the job more bearable. Just be ready, just in case. Otherwise, go for it and don't look back. It really is easy.

AnitaH
10-30-2011, 09:50 PM
You'll be fine. Men buy such things in the grocery store for their wives/SO often. The check-out person will likely not even notice.

AnitaH

Renee W
10-30-2011, 10:05 PM
I used to do the same thing when I bought panties or hose at Wal-Mart, you know fill the cart with guy stuff.

After I came out to my wife and after reading hundreds of posts on here I decided what do I have to hide. I just pick what I want and pay for it. Went to Sears and bought 6 pairs of panties and paid in the womens dept, no other items, no fake list. I figure I don't know her, she doesn't know me and my credit card isn't stolen.

sissystephanie
10-30-2011, 10:14 PM
I buy female items at supermarkets and other stores all the time and never think about it twice. The stores want your money and that is all they care about! There is not enough time for the SA to wonder about who is going to use this female stuff! And a lot of the time I do exactly what Renee does, buy female items only! Like panties, or bras, or whatever! Sure it is for me, but who else knows that?

Carla5148
10-30-2011, 10:17 PM
I used to have the same concerns. I found that the clerk never really cared. They don't have the slightest idea why you are buying the pantyhose.

Dana7
10-30-2011, 10:25 PM
I used to worry about that, but it has never been a problem for me except for once. I was buying a bra at a thrift store and the price tag fell off of it before I got to the counter. I didn't notice and so when the clerk was ringing it up he yelled at the top of his voice "I need a price on a bra"...

Well, as you can imagine, I turned beet red. Lesson learned: always have the price tag on the item you are purchasing on the item before heading to checkout!

Outside of that one incident, there has never been a problem. Incidentally, I saw the same clerk working at a different store--apparently he had moved his employment. I happened to be buying a bunch of panties. I just handed them to him and smiled and said "hi" as he rang them up. He recognized me and made small talk. He was quite friendly and there was no problem at all. I see him there fairly often now when I am shopping there; it is a great place to buy clothing because it is a discount outlet.

Eryn
10-30-2011, 10:39 PM
I used to do the same thing when I bought panties or hose at Wal-Mart, you know fill the cart with guy stuff....Went to Sears and bought 6 pairs of panties and paid in the womens dept, no other items, no fake list. I figure I don't know her, she doesn't know me and my credit card isn't stolen.

Hmm, come to think of it, that is what I did today. My wife and I (en drab) went to JC Penney. We had two coupons, one for $20 off a $20+ dollar purchase and the other was for $10 off a $10+ purchase. The coupons had to be used separately. My wife went to one register with four pairs of pantyhose (2 pair in Average for her, two pair in Queen Tall for me). I went to another register with two pair of tights, one patterned and one velour, both for me.

We both pleasantly completed our purchases and left.

While I was reading this thread I considered this and realized that I hadn't worried at all about what "someone might think" of a male purchasing female items. I've come a long way! :)

ashlylynn
10-30-2011, 11:29 PM
You are an early Christmas shopper ( if you are Jewish or Muslim or w/e then you are also a FIRST TIME Christmas Shopper lol )
and you will go into that store and talk to the cashier or whoever (staff) saw you with your gf
and you need help to remember the brand name of the hosiery she loves ..for stocking stuffers.

Or just walk in and buy 5 - 10 pairs ( 5 for you ...5 for your gf, legit xmas gifts lol )) and nothing else.
Most would assume you were SENT for them.

nvlady
10-30-2011, 11:48 PM
Her reaction to a few packages of pantyhose will be the same as her reaction to a few packages of cookies.

Darlene92
10-31-2011, 02:26 AM
well for me, i always had to buy random female products cause my mom would make me go out and get them. at first i was self conscious about it, but after about the 4th time it just became a regular thing. i started to start mixing in stuff for myself like nail polish, mascara, eye liner with my everyday shopping. im pretty sure the cashier doesnt care whats going on.

Ann Thomas
10-31-2011, 03:00 AM
I used to worry about it when I first started as well. When my dad was on his deathbed, I discovered he also was a CD most of his life, and of all things, as we chatted, your question was one thing I asked him about. He said, "Don't worry about it - they're there to take your money and that's all they care about!" I don't worry about it at all any more. Once I got past that, the next hurdle for me was trying on women's things at a store. That took me a bit longer, but eventually I got to where I don't worry about that either, but am simply careful how I approach it.

Ann

Noemi
10-31-2011, 03:12 AM
You can not, and should not really care. Cd'ing is so much fun anyway. But on the real..they are going to notice and it will be remembered and factored in to your identity. Do not underestimate people, ever. If you show up often with your GF that will throw them off your scent if that is what you are after. It is tough to get the mind around Cd'ing...Enjoy your Hose!!!

erickka
10-31-2011, 05:46 AM
Usually the cashiers don't ever look at what you are buying. They just zip it by the UPC reader and throw it to the bagger or chuck the item in a bag themselves. You have nothing to fret over. Just for the record, it's none of their business what or who you are buying whatever for anyway.

heel_addict
10-31-2011, 06:13 AM
Thank you for the support girls, I'll definitely do it then and be confident and cool about it. You've convinced me that it's nothing to worry about. I will post here again in a few days as soon as I've purchased the pantyhose to tell you how it went.

Oh, by the way, what is the brand of pantyhose?

It is manufactured by a well known Greek hosiery company on behalf of (and under the brand of) a major chain of supermarkets in Greece.

Karren H
10-31-2011, 06:15 AM
I bought my own first pair of pantyhose 43 years ago... My girlfriend called me up and asked me to pick her up a pair. Before our date. So I stopped by the supermarket and bought her a pair. And a pair for me. 1968.... Yeah the clerk stared at me. But way back then I didn't care either. Just go buy them. No one cares but you.

linda allen
10-31-2011, 06:22 AM
Panty hose are no problem. Even panties, for that matter. Many times a wife or GF will ask a male to pick up things like this at the store. She just specifies the brand and size. Even jeans can be bought by brand and size.

Bras, skirts, tops, shoes, makeup, etc. are a little more personal and the average female wouldn't send a guy to get them.

But, as several people have already pointed out, who cares? Unless the clerk knows you or unless someone else in line knows you, it's just a business transaction, over and done with.

If you don't want your wife/girlfriend to know about it, consider paying cash, rather than using a credit card and get rid of the receipt on the way out of the store.

SuzannaB
10-31-2011, 07:32 AM
They probably won't care...unless it's a fella on the till, in which case any questions would be so far out of his comfort zone he'll just blank any possibilities in his own mind. In any case, there are some femme items that would be perfectly logical for a guy to buy. Make-up and nail polish all make perfectly good art materials and pantyhose make great polishing cloths for getting that shine on the car..better than leather any day. Well that's my story & I'm sticking to it!

alexmarie
10-31-2011, 07:47 AM
She will not care.I buy my hose at sears I love their brand gental touch and no one has ever said anything or even looked twice at me.

rebekkadg
10-31-2011, 10:03 AM
Guys buy things for their SO all the time. If you want to feel more reassured no one will ask any questions just draw up a shopping list that you can say your SO made and make a point of reading it as you shop. That is what I do if I feel a little uncomfortable being seen buying something (Pantyhose is something I have to buy, I can't live without panyhose on under my drab clothes).

kimdl93
10-31-2011, 10:10 AM
It wouldn't mean a thing to the cashiers.

StephanieDragg
10-31-2011, 10:14 AM
If you are very concerned about the reaction of the sales clerk and feel you will be embarrassed go to the self check out!!!!!

DonnaT
10-31-2011, 10:25 AM
The clerk at the supermarket where I usually get my hosiery asked if I got the right size, once. I relied, "I hope so."

sinead
10-31-2011, 03:12 PM
I doubt the girl at the counter would take any notice, I have never had any trouble buying like that, to be honest I have on occassion bought sanitery wear for my wife the same way,again without any questions

Nikki A.
10-31-2011, 04:28 PM
Just go in and buy them, nobody really cares and they don't know who you are anyway. Besides you'd be surprised how many non-CD guys wear hose & tights also, guys with circulation problems, those on their feet alot, construction workers for warmth. I go to Hanes outlet store and buy the 6 pack of the Sheer Energy and wear them pretty often in the winter and I tell them it's for me. I get the right size and the item I want.

Jilmac
10-31-2011, 05:51 PM
I buy almost all my pantyhose at the supermarket along with groceries and beer. The only concern the cashier has is that I show the proper ID for the beer.

sweetvictoria
10-31-2011, 06:51 PM
I have bought so many femine items like that and I have only ever gotten one comment and it was actually a good one.

Jamie001
10-31-2011, 08:38 PM
just don't worry about buying the pantyhose. If the cashier asks you, tell them they are for you. It is not a big deal. After all, women shop in the men's department all of the time.

RiverdanceGirl
10-31-2011, 09:27 PM
Last time I bought pantyhose at the grocery store the cashier put them in the bag without scanning them, so when I checked the receipt I actually got them for free - and they were pretty expensive buttshapers. When I first started buying my own pantyhose I would make excuses about shopping for someone else but after a while just took the purchases to the cashier without saying anything. It was much easier that way. There was only one cashier at Sears who got a bit flustered, but I got another free pair of pantyhose from that. Which ran in the panty first time, so I guess that's karma. I've never had a negative experience buying pantyhose from grocery stores or department stores.

Joanna Maguire
10-31-2011, 10:15 PM
YES All the checkout chick would be interested in is punching the sale.They take no notice Never had a problem buying girly gear ,makeup etc Especial as I usualy am dressed as a woman when I go shopping..They treat me like any other woman Even when I try things on in the change cubicle The call me mam or madam Men often open doors for me as well. Its best to try on shoes to see if they fit properly or test spray perfume to see if I like its smell on my person or suits my sage etc.Though often sales ladies try to sell me the most expensive items. I do buy the most expensive or sexiest gear IF I can afford to pay for the. I even have a credit card in my girls name ( Ms Joanna Maguire) SO I must stick to my Budjet so I wont get into debt too much ! I'm always buy new gear for each new season or fashion trend
Joanna

Chickhe
10-31-2011, 10:26 PM
Paying for them is no problem, its hard to browse and select the proper size without feeling a bit selfconscious. For my costume I bought, garterbelt and stockings...in the halloween store, I browsed all the styles, was offered help and I said I was doing fine on my own...the girls who were also shopping smiled and just went about business, got to the cash with only the one item and no comments, just idle chitchat and I was on my way. I also visited Walmart and bought lipstick, panties...no problem, the girl as the checkout asked if I wanted to keep the hanger and before I could answer she decided the answer was yes because 'how would I know?'... just do it!

Marissa333
10-31-2011, 10:47 PM
Saying that that are there to take your money, and they don't care what you buy is complete bullshit, and I am sorry girls for arguing. Sure, sometimes the cashier may not care, or is only worried about clocking out and couldn't care less about what you are buying, but the fact of the matter is, I have been confronted about buying pantyhose more than a dozen times. I would say its about 50/50 for me, sometimes it goes without even a peep from the cashier, other times I have been strait out asked "why are you buying these?", male and female cashiers have called me out. Just because they don't say anything to you, doesn't mean they don't out you to your neighbor next in line 30 seconds after you walk away. So what I am trying to say is, people are assholes, and won't hesitate for a second to make you feel like shit because it makes them feel better for some odd reason. Be prepared for the event you see someone you know or get called out by the cashier, either could happen.

Jamie001
10-31-2011, 11:05 PM
No big deal. You are not doing anything illegal. Always keep that in-mind.

Saying that that are there to take your money, and they don't care what you buy is complete bullshit, and I am sorry girls for arguing. Sure, sometimes the cashier may not care, or is only worried about clocking out and couldn't care less about what you are buying, but the fact of the matter is, I have been confronted about buying pantyhose more than a dozen times. I would say its about 50/50 for me, sometimes it goes without even a peep from the cashier, other times I have been strait out asked "why are you buying these?", male and female cashiers have called me out. Just because they don't say anything to you, doesn't mean they don't out you to your neighbor next in line 30 seconds after you walk away. So what I am trying to say is, people are assholes, and won't hesitate for a second to make you feel like shit because it makes them feel better for some odd reason. Be prepared for the event you see someone you know or get called out by the cashier, either could happen.

Eva_nine
10-31-2011, 11:19 PM
reminds me of a funny story. a few weeks ago i was in male mode in a thrift store that i frequent and found a dress that i just had to have. i carried it up to the counter and the lady there jokingly asked if it was for me. i casually said "yeh." she then jokingly said "i bet it will look really nice on you" i kept my cool and said "yes it will" at that point she realized i wasnt joking and just kind of looked out me while she handed me the change. the point of my story is: who cares what random strangers think about your purchase. its your money spend it as you see fit. and on a side note i have purchased panty hose on 3 occasions NOT as clothing. they are useful for other things.

Marissa333
10-31-2011, 11:23 PM
No big deal. You are not doing anything illegal. Always keep that in-mind.

Just because it isn't illegal, doesn't mean there aren't consequences. If you are closeted and don't want anyone to know, and the cashier calls you out in line, brings attention to you, your neighbor hears this and also hears your lie about them belonging to your gf, then said neighbor asks gf about this silly episode that went on in the market, gf then denies sending you to store for pantyhose, this leads to that, next thing you know gf is asking you if you are a crossdresser. No not illegal at all, no biggie...

Jamie001
10-31-2011, 11:30 PM
Just because it isn't illegal, doesn't mean there aren't consequences. If you are closeted and don't want anyone to know, and the cashier calls you out in line, brings attention to you, your neighbor hears this and also hears your lie about them belonging to your gf, then said neighbor asks gf about this silly episode that went on in the market, gf then denies sending you to store for pantyhose, this leads to that, next thing you know gf is asking you if you are a crossdresser. No not illegal at all, no biggie...

Many times most of the fear is in our own mind and that fear is not reality. When we come out, the reactions are usually far less than we anticipated.

Marissa333
11-01-2011, 12:26 AM
<~~~~~~~~~ hugs Jamie001. Sorry if I came off angry girls.

Jamie001
11-01-2011, 12:43 AM
<~~~~~~~~~ hugs Jamie001. Sorry if I came off angry girls.

Hi Marissa,

No need to apologize because everyone's perception is different. :hugs:

Chickhe
11-01-2011, 12:50 AM
There are some tips if you can't be bold enough to look right back when questioned and say 'why are you asking'...never had a guy buy pantyhose before?

you can ...shop with a list of items in hand, ask for a gift receipt, say you fan belt broke, or you use them to strain paint... or doctors orders... or they go under your diving suit.

Eryn
11-01-2011, 01:12 AM
Saying that that are there to take your money, and they don't care what you buy is complete bullshit, and I am sorry girls for arguing. ...I have been confronted about buying pantyhose more than a dozen times. I would say its about 50/50 for me, sometimes it goes without even a peep from the cashier, other times I have been strait out asked "why are you buying these?", male and female cashiers have called me out. Just because they don't say anything to you, doesn't mean they don't out you to your neighbor next in line 30 seconds after you walk away...

I can't count the number of times I've bought "feminine" items over the last 30 years. Hosery, clothing, shoes, jewelery, personal care, makeup, etc. I've bought them for my SOs, my wife, and myself. I can't recall one time where I've been "confronted" about any item I purchased. I'm friendly, treat the clerk well, and I'm treated well in return. If I were treated otherwise I would immediately have a serious conversation with the store manager, but I've never had to do that.

I find the concept of "outing you to your neighbor 30 seconds after you walk away" rather fantastic. What is the clerk going to say? "Pssst! I just sold pantyhose to Joe Blow, he must be one of them CDers..." For one thing, the pantyhose might plausibly be for a wife, SO, or for that matter a coworker or neighbor. For another, the average citizen knows little about CDing and doesn't really consider it to be an option. The clerk would come off as a bit of nut himself for putting such import into a trivial transaction!

Eryn

EDIT: I realized that there was one time! Over 20 years ago, long before I even acknowledged my CDing to myself I paid for my then SO's makeup at Merle Norman. I ended up on their mailing list and received a coupon for a free lipstick. I went in to redeem the coupon and the clerk refused it because "you won't be buying anything else." To make a long story short, I went back and talked to the manager who was very upset at the situation. I was immediately given the lipstick I wanted with a profuse apology.

Sherry Lynn
11-01-2011, 09:03 AM
When I was a cashier at Wal Mart I saw men buying girl stuff all the time and thought little about it. What was funny was that when a CD bought girl stuff, they usually outed themselves. Sometimes I would make a little remark like "I like this brand better than Leggs because the waistband isn't as prone to roll down my stomach." Then I give them a little smile and a wink, and watch them turn red and speechless. I've made mistakes and then they say something like "I wouldn't know about that." It's a boring job so you do a lot of people watching. You also tend to watch for other CDs also when you are one.

SuzannaB
11-02-2011, 05:54 AM
I have been strait out asked "why are you buying these?",
Simple response..."None of your business!".....get on with your work, erk!

Toni Citara
11-02-2011, 06:10 AM
I recall only a few times when I've purchased "female" items that somebody has said something. One time a store clerk walked by when I was looking at pantyhose and said "I don't think we have your size". Another time was buying shoes, the clerk said "the men's shoes are over here"; but on another time a 50+ male clerk said "we don't carry your size here (and in a lowered voice said) but if you go to payless they carry larger sizes". But, the only really negative comment I recall, if it can actually be called "negative" when when I was much younger and a lot more frightened about shopping for "hose 'n heels" was at the checkout when I had a variety of non-feminine things and one pair of pantyhose, some guy standing behind me said "I guess it takes all kinds". I froze and was terrified my secret would be discovered and somehow my life would be over. Well, fast forward 20+ years, and I'm still here, still alive, and haven't been on the front cover of "we caught another freak crossdresser" magazine. LOL

If you think buying pantyhose the first few times is a rush, buying shoes is so much fun!! Women truly are lucky in the shoe department, while men are stuck with drab, boring shoes... pick you color... black, brown, cordovan, tie-up or penny loafer, sneakers or work boots. Can you imagine if men's shoe choices were as awesome as women's choices? Hell, nothing like a pair of 3.5" peeptoe pumps in crushed red velvet to offset a black and grey herringbone suit! LOL

karanne
11-02-2011, 06:26 AM
If you think buying pantyhose the first few times is a rush, buying shoes is so much fun!! Women truly are lucky in the shoe department, while men are stuck with drab, boring shoes... pick you color... black, brown, cordovan, tie-up or penny loafer, sneakers or work boots. Can you imagine if men's shoe choices were as awesome as women's choices? Hell, nothing like a pair of 3.5" peeptoe pumps in crushed red velvet to offset a black and grey herringbone suit! LOL
I wish I were that lucky! <grin> My feet measure a 6 for length, but a 9.5 for width. When I was boot-shopping for Halloween, I finally bought a size 11 wide because they were the most comfortable and accomodated my short, wide feet!

Normally, I have about a dozen pair of heels (pumps and sandals) that I wear at work with my skirted suits. (Yeah, I'm a 'suit'!) Those boots were different, though - 5" FM stilletos - I'm thinking about a way to wear them to work ... <evil grin>

heel_addict
11-02-2011, 02:01 PM
Well, me and my GF agreed to go out for a drink tonight so we'd dress up in a quite elegant if not formal way. So I thought that today was the day to finally attempt buying the pantyhose, because I wanted to wear the pantyhose under my normal formal male clothes. So I went to the supermarket again, it was 4 in the afternoon and there were very few customers shopping and the shop is quite huge so I thought I'd have some privacy. For today, my shopping list was 3 pairs of pantyhose of the same kind my GF had bought about a week ago (I wanted 2 nude and 1 black pair) and just a bottle of wine. I had my second thoughts because I was supposed to carry over the pantyhose to the checkout with just one extra item. I said "What the heck, I'll go for it". So I proceeded to the pantyhose stand, had some difficulty there, I couldn't find a size 4 (my size) so I browsed through a bunch of pairs, which were quite mixed up, and was able to find 3 nude pairs my size and finally got these... I couldn't find a black one in my size and I had started panicking so I decided to get lost and go browse other "innocent" items in the store. While I was picking out the pantyhose, I heard about 2-3 people passing by near me (didn't turn to look) and just as I was leaving the pantyhose stand, I noticed a middle-aged man who stared at me once. I turned away and went on walking to drop the heat, because at this point I'd started sweating! I know, first-timer's effects! After 5 minutes of browsing random stuff, I went to the checkout. Only 2 girls out of 8-9 because it wasn't rush-hour. The checkout chick was a rather fat one in her 30's and a younger chick checking out before me. Luckily, nor the female customer or the checkout clerk seemed to take notice of the pantyhose I was buying. The clerk sure did, but behaved in a perfectly normal way. I can't even begin to describe the rush I got from my little shopping! I guess that's one baby step ahead...

So here I am, home, with my 3 pairs of nude shiny pantyhose. I just put on a pair of these babies because in about two hours I'm supposed to meet my girlfriend to go out for that drink. She mentioned while talking on the phone that she had a surprise for me. All I can hope for is something that has to do with me wearing pantyhose and her actually liking it. Ah, wishful thinking perhaps! We'll see!

Anyway, I know she will be wearing the same kind of pantyhose tonight so that's the main reason I wanted to get my hands on the pantyhose today. So we could go out together, both wearing the same brand, style, color, denier of totally identical pantyhose! Wish me luck :)

wantstocrossdress
11-02-2011, 02:16 PM
I couldn't find a black one in my size and I had started panicking so I decided to get lost and go browse other "innocent" items in the store. While I was picking out the pantyhose, I heard about 2-3 people passing by near me (didn't turn to look) and just as I was leaving the pantyhose stand, I noticed a middle-aged man who stared at me once. I turned away and went on walking to drop the heat, because at this point I'd started sweating! I know, first-timer's effects!

i do the same here in the philippines. i usually know where the hosiery section is in the drugstores and convenience stores where i buy pantyhose. when i need a pair, a quick look through with what they have, get it and get out. i havent heard anyone whisper behind me or the the clerk as who they were for or give me a smile. for them, a sale is a sale and they carry about with their work even if i ask for rubber and lube when i checkout. just dont panic and do it quickly

on the other hand, when i buy at malls, the salesladies are so nice to the point that they'd open packs for me and let me feel the pantyhose/stockings inside. they'll open up several packs as i look for the thickest or shiniest pantyhose they have. I was once asked who they pantyhose were for, i told them that they were for me and she smiled and laughed without causing much of a fuss as to attract others :D

Julogden
11-02-2011, 03:33 PM
It doesn't matter what she thinks, just buy what you want. I bought my first pairs of pantyhose in 1969, just went in and bought them. Yes, back then I was pretty nervous but I've learned it doesn't matter what a cashier thinks, especially nowadays.

Carol

CynthiaD
11-02-2011, 06:10 PM
When I go shopping for femme stuff I almost never buy other stuff at the same time. Most of the time nobody says anything.

Occasionally I get some comments, and I find that the way to deal with them without embarrassment is to be absolutely brazen about the whole thing. For example if someone asks whether these pantyhose are for you, just look surprised and say "Of course they are! This is my favorite brand. They're silky and smooth and they make my legs look great!"

Don't ever cringe or act like you're doing something wrong. (You aren't.) Just act like you have a perfect right to be where you are and doing what you're doing. (You do.)

heel_addict
11-03-2011, 05:01 AM
She had a pleasant surprise in store for me last night but, sadly, not the one I had hoped for! The fact that we were both wearing exactly the same sexy nude hose made me feel wonderful. Although of the cheaper kind, the pantyhose felt like heaven on my legs and hated the moment when I had to take it off.

P.S. All my pantyhose pairs have been bought online up until now, because I feared human interaction while buying for pantyhose. I'm so glad that, now, being a little bit braver, I have an alternative of dropping by the supermarket, 3 minutes away from home, and buying myself some pairs...

sometimes_miss
11-03-2011, 05:19 AM
Cashiers at supermarkets see all kinds of people buying all kinds of things. Wear a wedding ring, have a full cart, and you can buy any kind of female stuff you want. Tampons, Vagisil, Monostat, panties, pads, Summers eve, you name it. No one will care. Still feel uncomfortable? Make a shopping list on your smartphone and look it over while looking over your cart while at the checkout, like you're checking to make sure you got everything on the list; good boy, you've followed wifey's instructions to the letter. The girl cashier will respect you for doing what wifey told you to do. Feel better now?

heel_addict
11-03-2011, 06:10 AM
Cashiers at supermarkets see all kinds of people buying all kinds of things. Wear a wedding ring, have a full cart, and you can buy any kind of female stuff you want. Tampons, Vagisil, Monostat, panties, pads, Summers eve, you name it. No one will care. Still feel uncomfortable? Make a shopping list on your smartphone and look it over while looking over your cart while at the checkout, like you're checking to make sure you got everything on the list; good boy, you've followed wifey's instructions to the letter. The girl cashier will respect you for doing what wifey told you to do. Feel better now?

Yeah, thank you too, Lexi. I know you're right and there's nothing for me to worry about. In fact, I was more concerned and anxious about me picking out the pairs at the pantyhose stand rather than the moment of checking out. But hey, I think I'm getting the hang of it!

Tina B.
11-03-2011, 07:53 AM
I have no idea what checkers at the grocery store, or SA at a department store thinks about what I buy, I've never asked, why would I care. I don't know them, and they don 't know me, so I doubt they care anymore than I do. Just pick them up when you get your weekly groceries, many married men do the family shopping, and get what ever the women in their lives want from the store, pantyhose, make up or sanitation pads, it's just all part of life.

linda allen
11-03-2011, 08:02 AM
If you are very concerned about the reaction of the sales clerk and feel you will be embarrassed go to the self check out!!!!!
There is still a human monitoring the self checkout lanes. He or she will see what you are buying on a screen.

But - who cares?

A few weeks ago, I went to Walmart, picked out a three pack of panty hose, a pair of tights, a bottle of makeup and a lipstick, took them to the register, and paid for them. The cashier didn't say anything other than "How are you" and "Have a nice day".

You just have to build up your nerve and just go ahead and do it.

Of course, I live in a city. I'm not sure I would do this in a small town where the clerk might know me, I would probably go to the nearest city or another town.