PDA

View Full Version : How different is your personality when you dress?

rebekkadg
10-31-2011, 08:10 AM
OK, anyone who has followed my posts the last month might know I have only really gotten in depth with my crossdressing recently and I am very much enraptured in it:heehee:. Anyway I am learning a lot about myself as I am being Rebecca more often and finding that my personality when I am dressed up shifts a good bit. I find myself more open, less shy about speaking my mind, like to smile and laugh a lot more, and a number of other little things that seem different. And it all seems completely natural with no thought. I wonder if this really who I am all this time and just suppress it along with all my other femness when I am not dressed up?

Does anyone else feel they behave markedly different when they are dressed up? Not something that is just some alter ego personallity you have dreamed up but something that just naturally flows in another direction.

suzy1
10-31-2011, 08:20 AM
The point you make about your fem side being suppressed when not dressed is how it is for me too.
I like myself a lot better when I am Suzy.

But this is a really interesting subject and I hope you get lots of replies girl.

One thing I have really noticed since being a member is that there are so many lovely C.D. girls here.

SUZY

Karren H
10-31-2011, 08:22 AM
Nothing really changes when I change my clothes except my looks... And that doesn't change as muc as I'd like. Lol.

rebekkadg
10-31-2011, 08:27 AM
One thing in particular that makes me feel like I am suppressing a lot of my peronality when not in fem is the fact that as a guy I have an extremely hard time dealing with my own emotions. I simply don't know what my emotional reaction is to so many things. I wondered in the past if I was psychotic or something because something would happen and I knew I should have some emotional reaction but it just didn't seem to be there. After some months or so of constant stresses I would feel no emotional reaction only to finally just break down one day in private out of no where.

As Rebecca I know what I am feeling in any given situation. My heart is on my sleave and there isn't anything blocking me from knowing how I feel at any given time. It makes me feel like I have been keeping a wall up most my life and only take it down as a woman.

A lot is still the same. Guy or gal I am incredibly curious and will study every little aspect of anything.

Diana Bain
10-31-2011, 08:31 AM
I feel that Diana's personality is some what like yours Rebecca. I also feel more open and less shy...my wife enjoys Diana's company. She says our core traits remain the same...but Diana is her own woman. The more I dress, the more natural I feel.

Jennifer529
10-31-2011, 08:32 AM
I feel much more relaxed,less stressed.
It's very comfortable and feels right.

xristy
10-31-2011, 08:36 AM
For me, I am the same person when dressed or not. Emotionally and mentally, I don't change, I am who I am. However, I do find that I sit up a little straighter, try to be a little more femme in my mannerisms, but I think that is more to fit the role than to be another person that I have been surpressing. I am comfortable with myself, and I feel I am more centered and not to a male or female extreme.

Xristy

mitchellmitch16
10-31-2011, 08:39 AM
Depends... on the street...pretty much follows my persona. In the bedroom...TRAMP! :)

gender_blender
10-31-2011, 10:08 AM
I find I'm a bit more shy when I'm naked than when I'm dressed in clothing. Very strange indeed!

Karren H
10-31-2011, 10:32 AM
Depends... on the street...pretty much follows my persona. In the bedroom...TRAMP! :)

Street? So walking enfemme by Saks Fifth Avenue your a lady and turn the corner into the red light district your a ........

Tina B.
10-31-2011, 10:37 AM
I dress for what it does for me on the inside, like Karren, other than looks, it's about the same.
Tina B.

Pythos
10-31-2011, 11:57 AM
I used to think I was more amorous. But then I was with my GF when in male mode and....NO, I am just as much a cuddle bunny, and kinky little monster as I am when in my more preferred styles. :P

I may be much more Perky and silly, more out going too. Not sure on that though.

In our culture it seems men are supposed to be reserved, and man does that come out in me when in male mode. When in androgynous male, or fem androg...not so the case. It is weird. I know.

ReineD
10-31-2011, 12:22 PM
I am learning a lot about myself as I am being Rebecca more often and finding that my personality when I am dressed up shifts a good bit. I find myself more open, less shy about speaking my mind, like to smile and laugh a lot more, and a number of other little things that seem different. And it all seems completely natural with no thought. I wonder if this really who I am all this time and just suppress it along with all my other femness when I am not dressed up?

Yes, I think you've got it right. It's not so much that you develop a different personality when you're dressed (like having Dissociative Identity Disorder), but rather finally letting down your guard after having felt all your life you couldn't show people who you were inside for fear they might guess your secret.

Now the trick is to be as open and free while in guy mode, and then you'll have taken major steps towards reintegrating all aspects of yourself. :)

ilovepanties
10-31-2011, 12:43 PM
My personality doesnt really change, just some desires that I have. When I am dressed up I would like to experience certain things that a woman experiences, but when I am dressed up as a man the desires go away.

Contessa
11-16-2011, 04:12 AM
I need to change nmy avatar image I don't like it. Anyway I feel like there is a difference in me when I am dressed. I have spent so much time getting to me the real me. Although I don't like men/boys or even males, I feel I'm a girl who happens to look like a boy. It just feels like I should stay dressed not change who I am. I have suffered too many years in depressed mode not knowing why I was always angry. I felt inside me I need or want to carry a purse. I would love it I'd switch around and no one would say anything to me. Then I'd get one of those skirts for men and then there were supposed to be also pantyhose for men. But where do I get them I want to wear them like I did when I was younger. My sister's and my mother's. Life sucks when you can't do what you want for yourself, all I can do is everything everybody else wants me to. Never any thing I want. I need to carry a purse it would feel so good I know it is really me. Then I hear about the murse or man bag of late. I took a piece of luggage that could represent my purse, carried it back and forth to work. Convinced myself to call it my murse. People began to think I was gay, and some even used the "F" word. No I'm not gay I'm a... I'm a a lot of checking on the internet later. I'm a crossdresser. Dressing is who I am not what I do. I am a girl who looks like a boy a woman who looks like a man!

Cheryl T
11-16-2011, 03:22 PM
I'm more outgoing, less pushy and much less controlling.

Marleena
11-16-2011, 03:51 PM
Night and day for me. Maybe a split personality almost. In guy mode I'm your typical male I think, love fast cars, hot women, have a mean streak, etc. In fact a GG I came out to was totally shocked. I have known her for a long time, she didn't believe it until I sent her pictures. Nothing would indicate I was a CD'er.

Most of you have seen me interacting here, typical female I think.:heehee:

*Vanessa*
11-16-2011, 04:00 PM
I'm just me

jillleanne
11-16-2011, 07:15 PM
Well I certainly do. I definitely walk differently, move my shoulders differently, talk about different things, and rarely stand in front of the drugstore with all the 'good 'ol boys' picking, spitting and cuzzing.

Kate Simmons
11-16-2011, 07:53 PM
I'm way more aggressive, gutsy and bolder when en femme the when not.:)

Pamela Kay
11-16-2011, 07:53 PM
I feel much more relaxed,less stressed.
It's very comfortable and feels right.

I feel much the same as Jennifer, I am much more relaxed, less stressed, comfortable, and open about sharing my feelings. Like someone else said, it is like being able to drop the big tough male wall that we have all constructed to please our parents or the world. I am much more comfortable and happy with myself as Pam than I am in male mode.

Marleena
11-16-2011, 11:48 PM
I should add that I'm very easy going in either mode. In male mode I won't take any crap and I'm easily set off. I prefer girl mode, but guy mode is required for daily life outside the home. I'm always in girl mode here.

Diane Smith
11-17-2011, 01:41 AM
I'm a little (very little) more outgoing when I dress, but am basically the same person. I think more of my "femme" persona and presentation has rubbed off into my "boy" mode behavior than vice versa.

- Diane

AllieSF
11-17-2011, 02:05 AM
One thing about dressing up as the opposite gender is that in a way, for some of us, it is like putting on a costume for a party. I remember when I did that, I really did feel different, more outgoing and in that social mood for a time time, and it has carried over some to my crossdressing. So, I can clearly understand what you are saying, especially since your enthusiasm for dressing is newly increasing. Maybe further down the road, your enthusiasm, more openness, whatever, may come back a bit to your normal self when not dressed. When I go out now after 4+ years of dressing, I am still myself personality wise with a little more courage and extrovertedness than in my male mode.

ArleneRaquel
11-17-2011, 02:11 AM
In either mode I'm rather easy going, but more so when I'm dressed enfemme. The last few years I have essentiality lived as a woman, but I find when I'm in male mode my easy goingness has increased. Right or not I attribute this attitude change to my cd'ing. My nature turns sour, in either mode, when I hace contact with my estremely homophobic next door neighbor.

KellyJameson
11-17-2011, 02:29 AM
For me my behavior and personality stay the same, I can be annoying no matter how I'm dressed, but this is probably because I have dressed since a very young age and my emotional sensitivity was not killed by the world so I have never been cut off from my feelings and have kept the capacity to cry in joy or sorrow and in every way be utterly natural in my emotional responses even at the risk of appearing weak or immature

What does change is how I act in public. Presenting myself as a male I do not worry about being assaulted by other men but dressed as a woman I become hyper alert out of fear a male may mistake me for a woman and make sexual advances only to than discover that I am not and become enraged. My fear of violence is what changes me based on how I'm presenting but I stay the same emotionally.

noeleena
11-17-2011, 05:52 AM
Hi,

For my self its about growing , after being surpressed not able to express my self in words & being shut down , my body langauge was too none event i did not show my feelings in a way i should have been able to.

What changed. a time came, over 16 years ago to be able to show emotion feelings & the real who i was / am.

Iv grown in a way that has surprised myself to tell the truth, more so over the last 5 years, some thing i was not able to comprehend or the acceptance i have has surpased any thing i could have hoped for,

if you could see me & while talking with me youd really be able to understand what im trying to say in words,
Very different form the young kid i was,

My clothes reflect i hope a expresson of who i am about . yet really is it the clothes ....no.... its who i am as a person.

...noeleena...

LeaP
11-17-2011, 07:09 AM
A little more emotionally open, or even vulnerable perhaps, but not a personality shift per se.

Lea

miaTX86
11-17-2011, 07:14 AM
When dressed, my mannerisms are more feminine, I am generally more submissive, and feel sexier.

Claire Cook
11-17-2011, 07:15 AM
Hi,

For my self its about growing , after being surpressed not able to express my self in words & being shut down , my body langauge was too none event i did not show my feelings in a way i should have been able to.

What changed. a time came, over 16 years ago to be able to show emotion feelings & the real who i was / am.

I'm still more expressive and emotional when dressed and probably listen to others more, but I'm finding that if there are two sides of my personality, they are merging. What did Tootsie say, I'm a better man as a woman than I was as a man?

brenda b smith
11-17-2011, 07:34 AM
Im alot more calm mental and fiscally relaxed my wife has noticed how different i am and has told me after a bad stressful day of work that i should go get a shower and get dressed up for her. on the other hand i do spoil her to. when she needs to relax its not all about me. i make her a hair and nail appointment to surprise her

Nicola
11-19-2011, 06:15 AM
I find that I am calmer and usually more relaxed when dressed enfemme. I also find I am less impatient and better able to concentrate on tasks like household chores, computer issues etc
Being Nicola is a sort of refuge from my busy life and demanding job for a few hours at least.
Then you have to take off the girly clothes and become a man again, - until next time.
I love being a man and doing man things, but being Nicola now and again is very important to me.

Nicola

lauraabdl
11-19-2011, 06:29 AM
I for one do feel different, more as ease with myself, talk slower, walk differently I'm told, and just feel myself. I didn't really make the connection until a friend told me I'm one of her best girlfriends. We share anything when we talk and have found that no topic is off limits, from health to lingere to the newest dresses she found or the skirt I found. Makeup is also a large topic.
Just being one of the girls when dressed, its becomeing first nature an I'm lovin it.:heehee:

SusanLCD
11-19-2011, 08:52 AM
For me, they are almost two different personalities.

As a guy, I'm dissatisfied with myself and that causes me to not be comfortable in the male world. Call it shy, if you need an adjective for it. The result is a need to be independent of others.

Susan, on the other hand, is much more interested in engaging with others. It may not appear to be so because she has a great deal to learn about HOW to do that and she hangs back to observe and learn. But, each "Susan time" is a learning experience and I can see her already being more outgoing than I would have ever expected. A few nights ago, while trying on a potential dress purchase at a local store, Susan stepped out of the dressing room and asked the SA for her opinion of the fit and style. I even shocked myself. I would never have done that when considering a male mode clothing purchase.

Jenniferpl
11-19-2011, 11:15 AM
What changes for me is being more relaxed and mentally sharper. I am able to focus better and get more done when that internal fight goes away. I also believe some of my agressive behavior takes a brief holiday.

ImmaTrap
11-19-2011, 11:24 AM
my fem side dominates heehee, i am pretty fem in every day life, but the full blown extent of my femininity comes out every night when i dress! XD

Anna Lorree
11-19-2011, 05:25 PM
Oh yes, I do. First off, I am happy. Next, my wife (named Rebecca, BTW) has noticed a very marked change in my body language and speech patterns while I am dressed. Like you, I sometimes wonder if that is how I am supposed to be ALL of the time.

Anna

rachaelsloane
11-19-2011, 07:52 PM
I am much more outgoing and confident when en femme as opposed to being quite shy in guy mode. I've noticed that conversation is much natural and I smile more. I suppose being dressed agrees with me.

Miss Maxine
11-19-2011, 08:49 PM
I am definitely a lot more confident, en femme. I feel free to completely express my emotions...which are always positive, during those times. I feel sexier, happier, and I notice that I smile a lot more.

Loni
11-19-2011, 08:55 PM
i am me..no mater how i am dressed.

i would not know how to change...me. and why would I?

Julie1123
11-21-2011, 09:55 AM
I feel much more relaxed, less stressed.

I experience this same difference.