PDA

View Full Version : Thigh High Stockings

Karren H
10-19-2005, 12:42 AM
Ok, maybe it me but why does my thigh high stockings start to creep down in the afternoon? They are supposed to self supporting! And I have all different kinds but get simular results! It's really uncomfortale when they are heading for my anlkes while walking accross the parking lot or riding the elevator with the CEO!! Hehehehe

So, what am i doing wrong or are these just american false advertising. Or do i need a can of spry glue!! LOL Help!!

Love karren

Paula Rae
10-19-2005, 01:13 AM
Hey Karren,
I use "GEORGE" marketed by Wal-Mart, They are just wonderful for me, they state " If not completely satisfied with this product, please return to bla bla bla.

Any way I've used this product for a long time, without any complaints. Plus believe it or not! Made in the USA.

Ricki B

Marlena Dahlstrom
10-19-2005, 01:33 AM
It Stays (http://www.americarx.com/index.asp?PageAction=VIEWPROD&ProdID=20266) should do the trick. It's the same stuff JLo used to keep her dress on at the Academy Awards show awhile back.

Toni
10-19-2005, 02:37 AM
Hi Karen,
I've worn hold ups (UK Terminology) for ages now and have never had them sag or come down on me. In fact I think they are wonderful and so sexy when they have lace tops. I always buy mine from a supermarket called Morrisons but I have also had them from Wal-Mart (Known as ASDA in the UK) and had no problems whatsoever. Just keep trying, you'll eventually find a brand that suits you. By the way I did find that the ones without lacy tops didn't do the job as well as the ones with.

Hollis
10-19-2005, 03:44 AM
The same skinny thighs that make my legs look great, make my thigh highs roll down.

Quite a feeling to be walking downtown, trying to pass, feeling gravity exerting its pull on the lacy tops.

And, if there is a feminine way of pulling the stockings back up, please, please tell this girl. I usually look like a cowgirl who lost her horse as I squat with knees splayed outword trying to discreetly wrestle the lace tops upwards.

Sandra H
10-19-2005, 06:46 AM
Hi Karren.

I sometimes have the same problem and I think most GG’s do, that’s why most I know hate either thigh highs or stockings because they are not as comfy as pantyhose.

One thing I have found is to get the right size as if they are a little short you need to pull them up at full stretch then when you bend your legs to sit down they start to slip down.

My only tip other than wear pantyhose LOL is that when GG’s go to the bathroom, they readjust their stockings but if we wear them under DRAB in the daytime and go to wee standing then they may never get adjusted during the day.

knelson
10-19-2005, 10:29 AM
Hey Karren,
I use "GEORGE" marketed by Wal-Mart, They are just wonderful for me, they state " If not completely satisfied with this product, please return to bla bla bla.

Ricki B

Have to agree with Ricki - they are some of the best

vicky V
10-19-2005, 10:34 AM
Hi Karren,

I love my hold-ups as you can see. I usually wear Falke brand as well as Love Me brand - and they do stay up.

love,

vicky v

MadisonLee
10-19-2005, 11:27 AM
i have no problems with any brand of stay ups. I also can adjust them any time because well i dont pee standing up :) I dont like making a mess on the floor or on the side of the toilet :) I dont have bad aim either in case you are all wondering.

tammie
10-19-2005, 03:25 PM
Hi All: Do U shave yoru legs or thighs? I have found thru experience that if U have a lot of hair elastic tops grip less and will slip down. I shave my thighs for that reason. Also try a good fitting garterbelt and see what U R missing. WOW!

Shelly Preston
10-19-2005, 04:47 PM
I have to agree with Tammie

Hair causes them to lose grip. so the only solution is to shave your legs or buy a garter belt

Marissa_CD
10-19-2005, 04:59 PM
I have a problem with all thigh highs slipping down except for hanes Silk Reflections brand I have never had trouble with them slipping. Actually quite the opposite since they dont move all day I find that if I dont seperate the silicone from my skin once every few hours my skin gets a bit iratated from not breating for so long.

Cheree
10-19-2005, 05:01 PM
Beautiful stockings Vicki...............PRETTY! Make sure you buy them large enough otherwise the elasticity will "pull " them down, or depending on the tops it's not illegal to wear a garter! As I do have some pretty ones!! Won't the paramedics be surprised!