PDA

View Full Version : First time out

HelenR2
10-31-2011, 02:37 PM
I have been building up to walking out in public for some time and a few weeks ago I realised that I had everything I needed and no real excuse to hold back. So one evening I shaved carefully, put my face on, got dressed and.....stepped out the door. I had expected to feel scared or at least nervous but as soon as I was outside, (finally), I felt just fine. The area I live in can be quite rough but the back streets are fairly empty so I just walked and walked. A couple of times I crossed the road or paused by the side of a van to avoid bumping into people but mainly I just strolled along enjoying being outside dressed the way I wanted and feeling pretty damn normal. I liked it so much I went out again the next night and this time on the busier main streets. There were lots of people about but almost none of them seemed to take any notice of me and I found I didn't really care about the few that did give me a second look. I went out a third time last week and I am hooked!

kimdl93
10-31-2011, 03:11 PM
Good for you Helen. Escaping the confines of home and expereincing the world en femme is liberating. My first venture outside was just a couple of months ago. I try to get out every day now.

I'm a little concerned about walking in a rough neighborhood - but I guess that would apply regardless of how you're dressed.