PDA

View Full Version : bras and other challenges

LoriAnn_CD
10-31-2011, 02:41 PM
When I first started dressing in my sister's clothes I would hood the bra in front, spin it around and slip my arms through the straps. I then learned to hook it in back like a lady. Did we all start out doing this? Other challenges were buckling the shoes with the buckle on the outside of the ankle, falsh eyelashes and dresses that zip up the back. I still avoid those. What other challenges do you face when dressing?
Love to all
LoriAnn

Jamie Burton
10-31-2011, 02:45 PM
When I first started dressing in my sister's clothes I would hood the bra in front, spin it around and slip my arms through the straps. I then learned to hook it in back like a lady. Did we all start out doing this? Other challenges were buckling the shoes with the buckle on the outside of the ankle, falsh eyelashes and dresses that zip up the back. I still avoid those. What other challenges do you face when dressing?
Love to all
LoriAnn

My wife has always hooked her bra on in front and then spun it around to get the straps and cups settled properly. I have always put mine on and reached behind me to hook it and back zippers have never given me much problem - but I am pretty flexible. Don't wear false eyelashes - mine are plenty long and a little mascara takes care of me!

sissystephanie
10-31-2011, 03:00 PM
I used to hook my bras in back like they were designed, but siunce my shoulder surgery I can no longer reach back there!. So I also hook in front and do the spin around! Have never worn false eyelashes, and don't need to!! And I don't buy dresses with back zippers!! I try to do away with all challenges to my dressing! It is supposed to be fun, not work!!

Kate Simmons
10-31-2011, 03:05 PM
Well my wife used to do it that way. I never did, always hooked it in the back--part of being a woman ya know!:)

karanne
10-31-2011, 03:05 PM
Add me to the 'hook and spin' sorority. especially since all the genuine girls in my family were blessed by the boob fairy. While I still haven't been able to afford the surgery 'down south', I did get a little added in to my chest so I wear an 'E' cup.

sinead
10-31-2011, 03:07 PM
I do the spin round with my bras, have a couple of back zip dresses and use a safety pin on a thread to zip up and down with it works fine, I also have two back fastening basques which needs the assistance of my wife

phone_gal
10-31-2011, 03:22 PM
hook and spin here...thats how my girlfriend does it too. so i guess i learn from her. haha

Toni Citara
10-31-2011, 03:26 PM
Yup... hook and spin, unless I've got a front-hook, (but that's a given, LOL).

Karren H
10-31-2011, 03:29 PM
Guess playing ice hockey keeps me pretty limber because I can reach behind my back and hook and unhook anything, zip up dresses and cinch and tie my corset..

cardigansissy
10-31-2011, 03:32 PM
I still spin the bra, but you're right, I should make the effort.
Love to all
LoriAnn

kimdl93
10-31-2011, 04:35 PM
My wife has always hooked her bra on in front and then spun it around to get the straps and cups settled properly. I have always put mine on and reached behind me to hook it and back zippers have never given me much problem - but I am pretty flexible. Don't wear false eyelashes - mine are plenty long and a little mascara takes care of me!

My wife does the same thing...so I follow her lead. My shoulders, like Steph's won't allow me the range of motion to hook my bra from behind.

Keely
10-31-2011, 04:40 PM
No spin for me, just reach back and hook. I usually get it right the first time.

Kaz
10-31-2011, 04:45 PM
I find reaching behind so much easier than the spin thing... I am pretty good at hooking anything from behind now, just like Karren. Suspenders... no problem!

Kathy Smith
10-31-2011, 04:48 PM
I can manage 2 hooks (without spinning) no problem and 3 fairly easily. More than that gets a bit difficult when one will mysteriously unhook itself as I try for the next one! Spinning has it's uses. :-)

Jilmac
10-31-2011, 05:42 PM
My main challenge is my body, arthritis in joints makes it difficult to hook my bra any other way than in front, and for rear zipper dresses I made a device that helps me get the zipper closed, all it is is a sturdy hook on a shoestring that I can pull up over my shoulder.

marlaNYC
10-31-2011, 06:18 PM
i'm in the hook and spin club too. and i do the same with skirts and (some) dresses. i'm a lot less flexible since i dislocated my shoulder, so that has to work for me!

sweetvictoria
10-31-2011, 06:26 PM
I used to hook and spin but I kept trying to reach behind and after some practice it is no problem now. Back zips are another story, I have my GF do those for me.

Rachel Morley
10-31-2011, 07:04 PM
My wife hooks and spins and I reach behind. I have always done it like that ever since I started wearing bras as that's how I witnessed my mom doing it. Funnily enough, my wife says the exact same thing, she's always hooked and spun as did her mom. I guess it's just personal preference, and IMHO, no one way is "more womanly" than any other way.

amanda w
10-31-2011, 07:13 PM
I allso hook and spin cannot reach behind in onse it is on its on and it feels great

Jennifer H
10-31-2011, 07:33 PM
I hook the bra at the back but hook and spin my suspender belt, like Jill I also have an attachment that connects to the zipper at the back of the dress.
The biggest challeng for me is any shoe with a heel above 2" that has the buckle on the outside.

xxx Jenny

Eryn
10-31-2011, 08:02 PM
I do a bit of both, usually spinning to put it on and reaching behind to take it off.

Odd aside: Does this thread remind anyone else of a conversation between Garibaldi and Sinclair in Babylon 5?

Natalie D
10-31-2011, 09:56 PM
I do what is easiest for me, hook and spin to put on and unhook from behind. My two partners have both done this so I guess that's why I do the same. Just makes sense to me.

BritneyLynn
10-31-2011, 11:09 PM
I do a bit of both, usually spinning to put it on and reaching behind to take it off.

Odd aside: Does this thread remind anyone else of a conversation between Garibaldi and Sinclair in Babylon 5?No, but it does remind me of Archie Bunker and Mike on All in the Family debating the sequence for donning shoes and socks.

Eryn
10-31-2011, 11:34 PM
No, but it does remind me of Archie Bunker and Mike on All in the Family debating the sequence for donning shoes and socks.

I didn't realize that there were any options for the order of donning shoes and socks! :) Garibaldi and Sinclair were discussing the order with which they button and zip their pants.

ArleneRaquel
10-31-2011, 11:34 PM
Hook in the front & spin it around is how I do it.

kundthu1
11-01-2011, 12:24 AM
i also hook in the front and spin it round, that is the way my wife does it. i think it is the easiest and fastest way of wearing it

erickka
11-01-2011, 05:42 AM
What the??? Isnt all this stuff supposed to be enjoyable? Why have or do things that can be a real pain? BTW, my wife and I BOTH hook and spin!

Fiona Scott
11-01-2011, 06:36 AM
Ive learnt to do suspenders one handed except for the one right round the back (still practicing though! :)). Bra is hook and spin like my wife.
Fiona
xxx

Renee W
11-01-2011, 07:24 AM
I didn't realize that there were any options for the order of donning shoes and socks! :) Garibaldi and Sinclair were discussing the order with which they button and zip their pants.

If memory servces me correctly, Archie insisted that the order should be---sock, sock, shoe, shoe; where as Mike was doing it sock, shoe, sock, shoe.

BTW, Hook and spin for me.

Karan49
11-01-2011, 08:22 AM
Who the heck cares? With the real problems the world faces this just seems pathetic... Whatever....

Karan

pauline22
11-01-2011, 09:06 AM
That's how I put on My Bra too!

bobbie sue
11-01-2011, 10:35 AM
I have always hooked from the back thats the way my mother showed me and the way my wife also hooks hers

Jmichelle60
11-01-2011, 11:38 AM
I have always hooked my bras in the back, and have gotten quite good at it over the years.

jacobra
11-01-2011, 02:33 PM
i too hook it up in d back.... i luv doin dat.... and my gf enjoys seein me tryin and accomplishing the task.....

NV Susan
11-01-2011, 02:44 PM
I reach around and hook my bra in the back, no problem. Dresses with back zippers have been a challenge at times, but I've picked up a few hints in this thread.....Thanks girls!!!

PS; Remember all the shirts and blouses with buttons up the back? I only ever had one....I had a heck of a time with it but loved wearing it...sure do miss it....

Cindy M
11-01-2011, 03:11 PM
My wife does the hook and spin. I learned it from her.

Elle1946
11-01-2011, 03:15 PM
I hate sounding lika a wimp but my favorite bras are front hook. What can I say??? The Mary Janes that I have with buckles have enough elastic in the side that I don't need to buckle. It sounds like I take the easy way out. Why Not!!

Chari
11-01-2011, 03:20 PM
I was taught from the "old school" where a gal hooks/unhooks her bra from the back! My problem is not with back dress zippers, but with longer natural nails snagging on sheer stocking/pantihose! Have learned to wear light cotton gloves to prevent some snags.

texasm31
11-01-2011, 03:29 PM
I have only seen one gg do the hook in front and spin, a girl I dated in college. The first time I saw her do it, I was shocked as I had never seen it before. Although I have since learned that many GGs do that, I have yet to encounter another and I am in my 40s. I started putting on bras around 12 or 13 and always hooked in the back. Not sure if it was instinct, or if I had seen my mom do it that way and subconsciously remembered, or had seen it in movies by that time, but I never considered another way until that girl in college.

Slip Affinity
11-01-2011, 03:42 PM
I've pretty much always hooked my bras from the back. I tried one of my wife's front hook bras once but I much prefer the hook in the back type.

karanne
11-01-2011, 05:08 PM
I used to hook and spin but I kept trying to reach behind and after some practice it is no problem now. Back zips are another story, I have my GF do those for me.
Open up a small paper clip and tie a string to it. Hook/button the fastening at the top (or hold it) and pull the zip up. Gently ... over the bra, don't tangle the hair, and you're done!

Eryn
11-01-2011, 05:26 PM
Open up a small paper clip and tie a string to it. Hook/button the fastening at the top (or hold it) and pull the zip up. Gently ... over the bra, don't tangle the hair, and you're done!

That's the solution I hit upon, until the time I encountered a zipper whose tab didn't have a hole... :(

These days, my wife is usually happy to help. It's kind of a bonding experience... :)

Wendi_cd
11-05-2011, 10:04 PM
Hook in the back, though I know there are some that leave them hooked and put them on like a tank top.......

Ressie
11-05-2011, 10:21 PM
I leave my bra hooked and put it on over my head like a T-shirt. Or use the spin method.

countrygirl
11-05-2011, 10:25 PM
hook my bra in the back and adjust as needed upfront.

Amanda Styles
11-12-2011, 11:54 PM
Hook in back , and can "sometimes" even unhook with one hand behind back.
I do have quite a few front hook bras as well.

lisa_cd
11-13-2011, 12:06 AM
I still hook it and spin it...when I wear one, that is...

miga
11-13-2011, 12:11 AM
Hook and spin... I just thought that's how all girls did it (laughing at the mental image of removing a woman's bra in the same fashion...).

Now if garters were only so easy.

Johnnifer
11-13-2011, 12:17 AM
I keep my bra fastened and slide it over my body then put my arms in the straps.

Shananigans
11-13-2011, 12:21 AM
I had no idea what the hell you meant by "hook and spin." I thought you were just talking about a bra that hooked in the front! Then, as I read on, I figured it out. Sometimes, I am not the brightest crayon in the box. That's pretty freaking genius though...my SO gets exasperated trying to hook after a while and then just looks at me for help. I'll have to tell her about this hook-spinning thing. Apparently, we are too dense to have tried it.

But, I mean, ya know there are bras that hook in the front, right?