PDA

View Full Version : How should I out myself gradually

cardigansissy
10-31-2011, 03:20 PM
I find that people will notice a feminine detail in my appearance but will 'accept' it as my general appearance is masculine. However I believe that the more details there are, the more likely I am to draw attention. For example I think I could get away with a girlie perfume, or a girlie cardie, but I think both would make a big difference. So I really have two questions. 1. Have many of you started with one detail and then added others? 2. What details? I suppose I'm thinking of accesories, hairstyles, etc.
Please share your experiences and ideas.

Dawn cd
10-31-2011, 03:52 PM
I no longer "dress" completely, or try to (altho I used to). Instead, I have an androgynous style which satisfies me. I watch those details you talk about, Sissy, and try to go right up to the edge without crossing it. Too many details at once and I'll start to get looks. Women's neck jewelry? Okay, but with a man's shirt. A woman's slacks? Sure, but not at the same time as maryjanes. Lip color? Blusher? Absolutely—but only so much. A purse sends one signal, but then you balance it by wearing a baseball cap. It's fun to see how much you can wear and still stay under the radar.

cardigansissy
10-31-2011, 04:05 PM
I wasn't sure people would understand what I was talking about, thanks! Under the radar, but just. Exactly!
I no longer "dress" completely, or try to (altho I used to). Instead, I have an androgynous style which satisfies me. I watch those details you talk about, Sissy, and try to go right up to the edge without crossing it. Too many details at once and I'll start to get looks. Women's neck jewelry? Okay, but with a man's shirt. A woman's slacks? Sure, but not at the same time as maryjanes. Lip color? Blusher? Absolutely—but only so much. A purse sends one signal, but then you balance it by wearing a baseball cap. It's fun to see how much you can wear and still stay under the radar.

kimdl93
10-31-2011, 04:24 PM
I used to wear one or two items of women's clothing along with male stuff, and a little makeup. At some point, I felt that I might be presenting in a more conspicuous manner than if I went out entirely en femme. I eventually resolved to go out fully en femme and frankly, I feel more relaxed and comfortable than when I was mixing.