PDA

View Full Version : Got that out of my system

connie johnson
10-31-2011, 05:53 PM
Hi all

Went out in public for the first time ever this past Saturday. My wife and I went to Moonfest in West Palm Beach Florida. Its a big street party down town where they close off the road. Lots of people wear costumes, lots of music, lots of drinking...good time for all. Anyway, I got dressed as a girl, nice dress, stockings, makeup, wig, basically the whole 9 yards. It took a couple of drinks before I was comfortable being there dressed. For those of you who do this on a regular basis, I commend you all.

As people would see me they would look at me and smile and then realize, THATS A GUY:eek:, Hey due nice costume...all in a nice way:), no one was mean about it. I have to admit, I make an ugly woman. Sorry, but no pics, didn't want anything to end up on facebook.

Although I had a blast walking out side dressed, I found I don't really like the whole makeup and wig bit. And the nails, Fuggaboutit:doh:, I put some fake nails on, what a pain in the a** that is, so hard to do anything with your hands. I guess I'm destined to just be a guy in a dress. As we were leaving the party I told my wife thanks for helping me go out dressed, but I think I got it out of my system. I'll just stay in the house now when dressed.

Thanks all for listening to my rant.

Connie

Marcia Blue
10-31-2011, 06:14 PM
Connie, Some of us are happy at home, some of are not. The nails, wig, and make-up take getting use to. My nails are not that long, just long enough to look femme, much easier to day to day things, than long claws.

Ann Thomas
10-31-2011, 06:42 PM
That was a great post - glad you did try all those things.

Well, I dress en femme most of the time, and yet I'm with you about some of that stuff. I paint my own nails - don't do the big daggers. I get lots of compliments when I use a light pink with a dark teal tip - that's enough for me, just my own nails, painted. I don't do wigs - too expensive. So, instead I do hats, which can be quite cheap, really. I'm growing my hair out right now - see a recent picture in my profile.

I still look like a guy in a dress, but oh, well, that's just me!

Ann

charlytuna
10-31-2011, 08:35 PM
I prefer just stay in the house dress most of the time I have just bra and panties on under a skirt and no make up. I just don't have time to put on that make up and paint my nails. I just want to be comfprtable.

MackenzieMarigold
10-31-2011, 09:54 PM
I always love hearing stories like this. It's just so uplifting to hear when wives are supportive.